Help re Superior Deluxe Balcony room review - Ventura

The C deck balconies are the biggest as they are half under cover an half out. They are about 3 meters deep.

They are double the size of the D deck ones. Although the D deck cabins are larger as they are the equivalent of a mini suite. As they are on Princess ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good information to know when deciding which deck to go for.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Good information to know when deciding which deck to go for.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Yes D Deck is almost exclusively mini-suites, so higher grade and pricing whereas C deck with big balconies is not exclusively high grade and prices as they are the standard balcony cabins. The cruise line put a greater emphasis on forward midships and aft on grades allocation. If you get a good price C Deck cabin select "no upgrades" as you might end upgraded to a midships smaller balcony.

An anomaly for Azura as opposed to Ventura is that there are E deck forward balconies which would be 9'x7' I should imagine and totally under the ones above. Another anomaly on Azura are Riviera Deck Balconies on the stern which on Ventura are oceanview cabins.

Regards John

When we cruised TA in Azura we were in a balcony cabin on C deck which had a bigger cabin than the other decks,

Is this the same on the Ventura and other ships?

I lost track on the conversation above,.

I assume you mean "balcony" when you say "had a bigger "cabin"' C deck is 9'x9' size balconies, superior deluxe (called mini-suites on Princess Grand Class Ships) have 9'x7' size balconies and standard Balcony Cabins have 9'x5' size balconies.

Azura and Ventura are Grand Class ships so basically sisters with some differences as sisters have.

Regards John

I assume you mean "balcony" when you say "had a bigger "cabin"' C deck is 9'x9' size balconies, superior deluxe (called mini-suites on Princess Grand Class Ships) have 9'x7' size balconies and standard Balcony Cabins have 9'x5' size balconies.

Azura and Ventura are Grand Class ships so basically sisters with some differences as sisters have.

Regards John

Yes John I did mean balcony and am still confused.

Does C deck balcony cabins on Ventura have bigger balconies? Do the other P & O ships?

Yes John I did mean balcony and am still confused.

Does C deck balcony cabins on Ventura have bigger balconies? Do the other P & O ships?

Only on Azura & Ventura have larger balconies on C deck.

We were on Ventura earlier this month in a D Deck balcony cabin located half way between the forward and midships staircases and felt it was an ideal location. The cabin was more spacious than the standard balcony cabins with a 3 seater sofa in the 'lounge' area, 2 televisions so you could watch either from the sofa or the bed. Plenty of shelf space as well for all the odds and ends.

The bathroom has shower over bath and makes the bathroom slightly more spacious than when there is only a shower. The wardrobe/dressing area does afford some privacy if required and has a shelved cupboard and 'wardrobe' which is just a hanging area without doors but it is full height so no problem with long dresses. We found there was more than enough shelving in the cupboard for other clothes and sundries.

We liked the slightly bigger size of balcony and didn't find the fact it was overlooked a problem at all. As someone else has said it is nice to look straight down to the sea rather than onto someone's balcony. Overall we loved the cabin and would definitely choose it again.

Sorry if I have prattled on rather a lot.

Ann

We were on Ventura earlier this month in a D Deck balcony cabin located half way between the forward and midships staircases and felt it was an ideal location. The cabin was more spacious than the standard balcony cabins with a 3 seater sofa in the 'lounge' area, 2 televisions so you could watch either from the sofa or the bed. Plenty of shelf space as well for all the odds and ends.

The bathroom has shower over bath and makes the bathroom slightly more spacious than when there is only a shower. The wardrobe/dressing area does afford some privacy if required and has a shelved cupboard and 'wardrobe' which is just a hanging area without doors but it is full height so no problem with long dresses. We found there was more than enough shelving in the cupboard for other clothes and sundries.

We liked the slightly bigger size of balcony and didn't find the fact it was overlooked a problem at all. As someone else has said it is nice to look straight down to the sea rather than onto someone's balcony. Overall we loved the cabin and would definitely choose it again.

Sorry if I have prattled on rather a lot.

Ann

Not prattled on - all very informative.

We are a bit restricted on what cabin to have as it is only 3 months to the cruise, I agree the superior cabin looks fab! I just want some peace and quiet so I can continue to get well.

We are a bit restricted on what cabin to have as it is only 3 months to the cruise, I agree the superior cabin looks fab! I just want some peace and quiet so I can continue to get well.

This is the cabin we have booked - will get back to you when we have sailed. Right at the front and not above the prom. deck. Just hoping that there is no noise from the deck below

Be aware that if you are planning to book this type of cabin with children that the 3rd and 4th beds are a double sofa bed and unsuitable (for example) a 14 year old girl and a 15 year old boy.

Once you are on the ship P&O cannot offer a solution as the "cot beds" are no longer allowed for in cabin after an accident in rough seas last year. So the adults must sleep on the sofa bed while the youths get the "proper" twin beds.

Be aware that if you are planning to book this type of cabin with children that the 3rd and 4th beds are a double sofa bed and unsuitable (for example) a 14 year old girl and a 15 year old boy.

Once you are on the ship P&O cannot offer a solution as the "cot beds" are no longer allowed for in cabin after an accident in rough seas last year. So the adults must sleep on the sofa bed while the youths get the "proper" twin beds.

Thanks but it is just the 2 of us wanting the bed in twin configuration.

In this scenario, unfortunately the husband and wife end up in the sofa bed and the children 14yo girl and 15yo boy end up in the proper really comfortable twin beds. This might seem a little unfair but might be appropriate if the kids had the same date of birth.

Regards John

Just an extra - the D deck cabins have baths, the C deck cabins just a shower.

It has got to be done!!

After getting my post op brain around what John was trying to tell me (I am still not 100% ;p )

The cabin itself in a superior deluxe balcony is bigger than the average balcony cabins (they also have a bath)

The balcony is slightly smaller than those on C deck (Ventura) and fully exposed while the C deck ones are half covered and half exposed.

The superior deluxe balconies are slightly bigger than the normal balconies.

So if inside space and a bath are important the superior deluxe cabin.

If outside balcony space and being part in shade are important then go for C deck balconies.

I think my head may explode and I need a lie down - you can tell I am new (well nearly new) at this!!

If you want a fully covered balcony and a superior deluxe cabin go for one towards the aft on E Deck. These are my personal choice. If you want a good vista view pick the first in the run to view forwards unobstructed as well as to the side.

Regards John

I have health issues too so we only booked 3 weeks before sailing and it was very much a case of taking what was available and we wanted to have cabins above and below us rather than public areas where there is always the potential for more noise.

Wish you well with your recovery

Ann

Gosh that is a good size balcony. Went on Britannia this June in a suite and whilst the balcony was wide it was very shallow so caused a few problems with wheelchair and turning.

Have booked to go on Ventura August 2018 and have C303 hope the balcony is as good as yours.