Suite Furniture ~ Britannia

Big Foot

I'm in two minds now whether to change to a mid-ship [emoji51] I know the aft wrap affords the bigger balcony but I'm not sure I like the idea of breathing in so much pollution. Maybe I will just book the Retreat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been thinking about soot and the effect of climate. Applying what I remember of the laws of physics from school (not much haha), I think if soot exits via warm air then hits cold air it will cool and fall. If on the other hand soot exits via warm air from the funnel but hits warm air it is more likely to be suspended for longer until it is away from the ship. I am on Britannia from 30th Sept sailing to the canaries, being rather sad I will conduct an un/scientific experiment as I imagine we will experience multiple temperatures. [emoji23]

I've been thinking about soot and the effect of climate. Applying what I remember of the laws of physics from school (not much haha), I think if soot exits via warm air then hits cold air it will cool and fall. If on the other hand soot exits via warm air from the funnel but hits warm air it is more likely to be suspended for longer until it is away from the ship. I am on Britannia from 30th Sept sailing to the canaries, being rather sad I will conduct an un/scientific experiment as I imagine we will experience multiple temperatures. [emoji23]

I'll be interested to read your findings as we're in E743 on that exact same cruise next year in Sept. :D

To be honest the soot hasn't really bothered us that much on the three aft suites we've had. You've just got to remember it's there. The massive balcony, the gorgeous view and the fact that we're lucky enough to indulge in cruising should make the soot redundant! First world problems and all that.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the suite. :)

I'll be interested to read your findings as we're in E743 on that exact same cruise next year in Sept. :D

To be honest the soot hasn't really bothered us that much on the three aft suites we've had. You've just got to remember it's there. The massive balcony, the gorgeous view and the fact that we're lucky enough to indulge in cruising should make the soot redundant! First world problems and all that.

I will let you know! We've had aft suites and cabins on other ships and I would describe soot as minimal - so it will be interesting!

We were in E743 last year. It was a lovely cabin. I posted a video of it in P&0 cabins group on FB [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We were in E743 last year. It was a lovely cabin. I posted a video of it in P&0 cabins group on FB [emoji3]

Oooh I just found it. It looks great. I was worried about the balcony being too narrow but it looks like you can stretch out those sun beds easily. Thank you for that. :)

Oooh I just found it. It looks great. I was worried about the balcony being too narrow but it looks like you can stretch out those sun beds easily. Thank you for that. :)

The balcony was great - they sunloungers were fine length ways on the balcony. We used to sunbathe on sea days, fill the bath and have our own Jacuzzi when we got too hot[emoji41] We never really used the chairs and table outside the bedroom it was a bit narrow compared to the rest of the balcony. Never had much of a soot problem either - I hope you enjoy as much as we did [emoji106]

The balcony was great - they sunloungers were fine length ways on the balcony. We used to sunbathe on sea days, fill the bath and have our own Jacuzzi when we got too hot[emoji41] We never really used the chairs and table outside the bedroom it was a bit narrow compared to the rest of the balcony. Never had much of a soot problem either - I hope you enjoy as much as we did [emoji106]

That is possibly the best and funniest tip I've ever read [emoji23]