Not interested in any of the Princess excursions. They do not spend much time anywher

rhondarosebud

Need recommendations on what to do in this portGrenada). We are there from 7AM to 2Pm. All of the Princess excursions do not spend much time at any of the destinations. Please help me decide what to do (or not to do!).

Really need your help. Thanks!!!

YOu could do a half day tour with one of the Taxi Association tour guides - they would probably offer you a north island or south island option.

Alternatively if you like the water you would do a powerboat adventure with Grenada Seafaris and have a mix of sightseeing, history, ecology, wildlife information and a guided snorkel at the underwater sculpture park all in 2.5hrs. This would leave you time to wander the town/shops as well.

Hope you have a lovely time in Grenada whatever you decide :cool:

• 6 months later...

Used JnJ Tours in January 2018. Stanley Grainger was a fantastic tour guide. He is a wealth of knowledge about his Island, and as a US Army veteran and former inhabitant of the USA speaks perfect English. Stan has a newer top of the line van that will seat 7 max, our group was 6, ourselves and 2 other couples. He is a gentleman in every way, he pulls that van over, and waves the other traffic past, at many places to show interesting things and explain what you are looking at. You make all the normal stops for Grenada, waterfall, spice shop, crater lake, Ft Fredrik, and then a stop at Grand Anse beach. He will pick you up at the beach and return you to the ship at whatever time you tell him, and no worry he will be there since you don’t pay him till your dropped back off at port.

Highly Recommend this tour – contact info – email:grainger.stan@gmail.com or web site:http://www.jnjtours.com – I had great response with email

There is a hop-on-hop-off train/trolley at St. George's. For $19 per person, you buy tickets in the cruise terminal. It leaves from the terminal. It stops at Fort Frederick--price of admission is included and there is a tour guide to take you around. Also stops at the local history museum (again admission is included). The Grenada Chocolate Factory is next door. Then the train goes around the city and to the Carenage area. Overall, it was a nice little tour. Tour us 2-3 hours but it all depends how much time you choose to spend at each stop.

• 1 month later...

If you are water babies you can mix sightseeing, island history and information and snorkeling at the Underwater Sculpture Park on the Seafaris powerboat Adventure. It usually gets great reviews and is 2.5hrs long - possibly perfect for a short stay in port? Hope you have a great day regardless of what you choose to do

• 1 month later...

Island Star, I really want a chill day in Grenada as we are doing tours in Antigua and St Lucia the two days before arriving in Grenada. I’ve done research and want to spend most of the afternoon in the Carenage area (.museum, House of Chocolate) but I also want to get spices/rum. I think there’s a supermarket type store in that area. I’m just undecided if I should try to squeeze in a tour in the morning. I hate not getting the full flavor/history of a place I might not get back to. Any suggestions?

Thank you!