Taxi Service in Puerto Vallarta

tjwilson09

Hi! I'm looking for tips on how to get a taxi ride from port to Aqua Adventure in Nuevo Vallerta? How much should I expect to pay? They say they are about 1/2 hour away from port. Any advice will help. Thank You

There are two different types of taxis. The ones you see in the Marina (port) have a special federal franchise to work in the port and can only pick up fares in the port (not anywhere else). So they charge more money. I would guess they will want about 300 Pesos to go to the Aqua Park. If you walk out of the port to the main road (Sams/Walmart would be across the street you could find a local "yellow" cab (they are not all yellow anymore) who should charge less money. But if they think you are a cruiser...the fare may well go up :). I would try to negotiate for a 200 Peso fare....but you might have to settle for 250.

Many taxi drivers will accept US Dollars, but they will often give you a lousy exchange rate. It is always best to deal in Pesos...but if you do deal in dollars,.,,know the current exchange rate (about 17.5:1 at the moment) and negotiate accordingly. The time to negotiate a price is before you get in the taxi...or certainly before you leave. We live in PV for part of the year and when a taxi driver tried to rip me off with a high price I will usually say "I am not on a cruise ship, I live here!" Its amazing at how fast the price drops :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Be aware on the way back you might have to pay a different price. Since you are in a different state (Nayarit) the PVR cabs are not allowed to pick up passengers there. Also here, check the price before getting in to the cab.

Uber started recently but since cabdrivers arenot happy with them, those drivers try to block Ubercabs.

I didn't know it was in a different "state"?! First ever visiting Mexico. Do you know if there is taxi's readily available when we exit the park or should I set that up before? I heard there is bus we could possibly take?

Yes I am sure there will be cabs available for the return or otherwise the people in the parc will phone for one.

Once you go over the Rio Ameca you leave the state of Jalisco and go into Nayarit.

Indeed there also is a bus, going/coming from Nuevo Vallarta.

As far as I know going there it will stop not too far from the parc on the highway. On the return you might need to go to the other side of the highway, which I donot recommand. Check this map on google: https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Aquaventuras+Park/@20.7025036,-105.2705655,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9981d69552838852!8m2!3d20.7025036!4d-105.2705655

Not all busdriver accept US$ so have some Pesos in that case.