Drinks Package or Drinks card.

Noels100

First time cruiser here, we are going on the Hollandamerica Noordam to Alaska in August. We have been looking at the drinks package but my understanding is that if one person in the cabin has an alcohol package the other person in the cabin must purchase it as well even if they don't drink alcohol. Is this right? So now I'm thinking a drinks card might be better but I don't know how this works. I hope someone can help me.

First time cruiser here, we are going on the Hollandamerica Noordam to Alaska in August. We have been looking at the drinks package but my understanding is that if one person in the cabin has an alcohol package the other person in the cabin must purchase it as well even if they don't drink alcohol. Is this right? So now I'm thinking a drinks card might be better but I don't know how this works. I hope someone can help me.

Welcome to CC.

You are correct. All in the stateroom must purchase the drinks package.

I am just off the Noordam last month. The only advantage of a HAL drinks card is that your beverages are prepaid and you will get a refund on what you do not use. Without a drinks card, your drinks are just charged to your room by swiping your stateroom card.

Bottom line is the drinks card has not advantage over just buying each drink.

Since you are on the Noordam, here are the menus for the Lido Market (buffet), Main Dining Room, and the Late Snacks:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-7-day-alaska-2017-menus/

If you are on the Northbound cruise, here are the When & Wheres (daily activities):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/on-locations-specific-cruises/alaska-2017-noordam-when-where-daily-activities/