Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Going on Hal next cruise because sushi is included as are great burgers and I got a suite for balcony price on Celebrity, really like Celebrity but I was disappointed when they took the sushi and made us pay for it, haven't Ben on Hal for years.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Celebrity has made so many cuts that I'm no longer happy with them. Wish HAL was in the Caribbean in June next year as I have a cruise I want to dump.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Celebrity has made so many cuts that I'm no longer happy with them. Wish HAL was in the Caribbean in June next year as I have a cruise I want to dump.

Well first time in a suite in November and drinks are less and BB Kings blues club were also determining factors, think Koningsdam is sailing in the summer but not sure and it is a fairly new ship

After reading all this upscale burger bar info for the last couple of weeks, doesn't Equinox already serve an up sell premium burger at the Gastro Bar? I think the last time I saw the menu it was $12. Do they really need 2 venues selling premium burgers?
Yes they do, but I don't believe all ships have this venue.

Going on Hal next cruise because sushi is included as are great burgers and I got a suite for balcony price on Celebrity, really like Celebrity but I was disappointed when they took the sushi and made us pay for it, haven't Ben on Hal for years.

As did I, but beware that there are virtually no meaningful benefits for being in a suite on HAL, no 4 "free" perks or Michaels club, etc.

I had to skip to the last page...not enough time to read 28 pages (and counting)

We were onboard in a suite for the July 16 sailing. As stated, there was an insert in the Celebrity today mentioning the debut of TDBB the 2nd day of the cruise.

I was jogging on the jogging track that morning, watching as they set the TDBB up. The staff looked clueless, to be honest. So, if you know the S class ships, picture this...the Mast Grill is in the corner right near the curve of the jogging track. There are a handful of round tables with red tablecloths in front of the line for the TDBB.

When you order, they give you the option of adding a bunch of toppings. They then give you a buzzer to hold onto for when the order is ready. I ran to the Pool Bar to get drinks and the food was ready by the time I returned.

We were in a suite and were having lunch in Luminae on the sea day we tried TDBB. So, our party of 5 ordered one, cough, "Kobe" burger and split it 5 ways.

The meat was undercooked, but definitely "better" than the hockey pucks in the OVC. We only went to the OVC once, and I checked out the burgers. They were black, hard, and looked inedible.

At TDBB, they give you the option of fries, which were just okay, and standard roller-rink onion rings. Nothing fancy at all.

I would not pay for this burger again. Of course, we had the option of the Luminae signature burger at lunch on sea days, which is pretty good with its bacon jam.

So, I asked Sam, the Maitre'D in Luminae about this ridiculous claim that the burger was Kobe beef at TDBB, having already read the thread on TDBB from the Constellation. He told me that there were Three types of Kobe beef, Class, A, B and C. He said that Celebrity was using Class B.

Now, I've never heard of this class system, and based on the extensive posting on this thread, I believe we all know this is just patently false. But, that's the spin that the Maitre'D of the suite class restaurant told us. He's a great guy. I'm sure they told him to say this.

I am in the process of filling out my post-cruise on line survey, and I have commented that they should keep the free burger option at the Mast Grill and include the surcharge hamburgers as an option. The hot dogs for $10 seem outrageous. I didn't see anyone ordering them.

I don't think paying the $10 for an undercooked, overpriced, and definitely not Kobe beef, burger, in a pool area/jogging track nearby setting is worth it. I never saw a line of people, or many people at all, at TDBB.

You couldn't order fries without ordering the burger. So, no free fries.

We were told that the July 23 cruise would NOT have the TDBB, so It looks like they were trying it out for our week. Lucky me, I guess.

I never saw a single person eating food in the gastrobar either, by the way. So, I have no idea what those $12 burgers are like.

S on 5 was almost always empty too. I sure hope Celebrity gets rid of that venue and moves something from the Edge ships there (after Edge is debuted)...Call it the

Edge-icizing of the ships.

Still had a great cruise. Wouldn't make a choice based on this. But, as Harry Styles says, "Just stop your crying, it's a sign of the times...."

The meat was undercooked, but definitely "better" than the hockey pucks in the OVC. We only went to the OVC once, and I checked out the burgers. They were black, hard, and looked inedible.

TYVM for your great follow up report.

By any chance is this what the OVC hamburgers looked like? This is what I had available on the Equinox in December.

enhance

mUsofy

By any chance is this what the OVC hamburgers looked like? This is what I had available on the Equinox in December.

enhance

mUsofy

Those burgers look terrible. I don't remember ever seeing any burger look that bad at the Mast Grill. We were on the Oasis in October and I tried the burgers at several locations. They seemed to have been prepared at a central location and farmed out to various locations. They were overcooked, dried out and not edible. Any cruise line that can't serve a decent burger at no additional cost isn't trying and should be ashamed of its food service operation.

Those burgers look terrible. I don't remember ever seeing any burger look that bad at the Mast Grill. We were on the Oasis in October and I tried the burgers at several locations. They seemed to have been prepared at a central location and farmed out to various locations. They were overcooked, dried out and not edible. Any cruise line that can't serve a decent burger at no additional cost isn't trying and should be ashamed of its food service operation.

That was in the Ocean View Cafe not Mast Grill. The picture represents what happens when the cooking staff doesn't try or care about what they put out.

enhance

mUsofy

Ewww! Unacceptable.

enhance

mUsofy

You should see a photo of the hockey pucks sitting in a pan of fatty liquid at the Mast Grill. I have one a cruise but I ask for a grilled bun and then I add cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, lettuce, sliced tomato, grilled onions, and sauerkraut.

enhance

Ah, they brought them across from Millennium.

Modern luxury indeed.

Is it the staff or is it management?

I'd say BOTH. At that same station for dinner I requested a freshly grilled steak. He pointed with his tongs to the pan 1/2 filled with similar steaks to the hamburgers. I asked politely a second time for a freshly cooked steak. He told me they're already cooked take one. At that point I asked him, are you saying you're not willing to cook me a fresh steak? He begrudgingly did.

Maybe it was his last contract. Maybe he didn't like his job. Maybe he didn't like the passengers. But in the same OVC in the evening, I witnessed a server wandering around with an empty tray trying to look busy but never took an order. I was sitting opposite the bar for 30 minutes. The only time she came to the bar was to talk with the other crew. And you wonder why you couldn't get a drink? I finally had to walk the thirty steps to the bar to get my drink myself.

Too bad Celebrity doesn't fix the broken things instead of coming up with ways to add revenue like Kobe burgers or save revenue by cutting serving/cabin crew.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Why add all that on? How can you taste the meat? Or is that the idea? I wouldn't bother getting one.

You should see a photo of the hockey pucks sitting in a pan of fatty liquid at the Mast Grill. I have one a cruise but I ask for a grilled bun and then I add cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, lettuce, sliced tomato, grilled onions, and sauerkraut.

Celebrity finally called me back. The representative said the trial of TDBB was stopped on Equinox because "uhhh, it did not go over very well". Looking forward to our cruise next week with no $10 hot dogs, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity finally called me back. The representative said the trial of TDBB was stopped on Equinox because "uhhh, it did not go over very well". Looking forward to our cruise next week with no $10 hot dogs, lol.

[emoji41][emoji41]

YES!!! [emoji2][emoji487][emoji488][emoji489]

Good news!

Does anyone know if it has also been stopped on the Connie?