Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

New pair of womens high heeled evening shoes under the bed on MSC Lirica. Also found a diamond tennis bracelet in a Princess theatre which I handed into Customer relations, later got a call from them to say it had been collected

Sandy in Spain

We boarded a ship when the cabins were being cleaned, and sat somewhere in the public area in armchairs. My armchair had something stuck in it - an iPhone!!

We didn't know if somebody left the ship, or just arrived, so waited if anyone calls. A man called from his wife's cell phone, we met in the hallway by the elevators - lucky for him, they just boarded, not left the ship.

I thought, at least a simple "thank you" for returning the phone would be nice, but no :( I am still sure I've done the right thing, and will do it again.

• 2 months later...

Anyone found anything new lately? :)

Due to reading this thread, on our last cruise my husband and I checked our cabin on the Carnival Liberty back in January. I thought it would be interesting to see if anything was there. Like a scavenger hunt. The only things we found though were some brochures and a baggie with protein powder shake mix in it.

Just wondering if anyone else found anything else interesting.

One time I found a weird note stuffed in a magazine in the lobby of a hotel in London. It read: "They put children in the meat pies"

:confused:

Whoever wrote it gets an A+ for creativity. Maybe they just visited the London Dungeon. Needless to say, I didn't order the steak and kidney pie in the neighboring pub. :p

One time I found a weird note stuffed in a magazine in the lobby of a hotel in London. It read: "They put children in the meat pies"

:confused:

Don't they:confused:

Whoever wrote it gets an A+ for creativity. Maybe they just visited the London Dungeon. Needless to say, I didn't order the steak and kidney pie in the neighboring pub. :p

Maybe it was the pie company that put it there to tempt you.;)

• 1 year later...

I just read through this entire thread. Even though it is 5 years old the topic is timeless.

I have learned a few things and laughed at quite a few things too. :D

I have had old food left in the mini-fridge several times, a pair of men's bikini underwear in the bottom of the closet and old soap left in the shower. All were pretty gross.

After reading this thread I will not be much more diligent in looking for 'extra things' in my cabin.

Great thread; my thanks to all who contributed.

Safe sailing all!!! :)

Within a half hour of embarkation I used a public washroom on the ship. There was a new iPhone in a very attractive case balanced on top of the toilet paper dispenser in my stall. Took it to guest services but the counter attendant was so busy she just stuffed it in a drawer without asking any particulars. Sure hope the owner got it back.

On a recent day excursion, we found an iPhone lying on the road in the middle of a busy intersection. Miracle it hadn't been run over. We asked amongst a tour group standing nearby, looked for identifying clues on the phone photos and ended up leaving it with the lady selling HoHo tickets on that corner. Hoped the owner might retrace his/her steps and ask someone who looked "official" at that location.

Omg.........that would be something for quest jk. I would have to laugh at that one. To bad we could not see the look of there faces when they walked in to there stateroom and found that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Ohhhh Goodness !! Reminds me when I worked for a major airline ( Baggage service for almost thirty years) when we'd pick up a passenger's bag for loading ( Years before 9/11, of course) and we'd hear AND feel' the bag vibrating :eek: We'd always grin at each other, wink and say,' HOPE that's someone's pager going off' and NOT what I think it IS !' LOL!

Mac

I've read a review recently on Carnival board, where during the cruise a steward found somebody else' adult toy (di.do) under the bed, probably assumed it was current cruisers' and left it on top of the desk.

That happened to my friend Jessica and a month ago on Carnival Valor in the nightstand inside a shopping bag. We laughed all week and then continued laughing at home. :')#blackmagic:p

Edited by Kdizzle817

Within a half hour of embarkation I used a public washroom on the ship. There was a new iPhone in a very attractive case balanced on top of the toilet paper dispenser in my stall. Took it to guest services but the counter attendant was so busy she just stuffed it in a drawer without asking any particulars. Sure hope the owner got it back.

On a recent day excursion, we found an iPhone lying on the road in the middle of a busy intersection. Miracle it hadn't been run over. We asked amongst a tour group standing nearby, looked for identifying clues on the phone photos and ended up leaving it with the lady selling HoHo tickets on that corner. Hoped the owner might retrace his/her steps and ask someone who looked "official" at that location.

I don't remember if it was mentioned in this thread, but a cruiser left their Iphone in the cabin was told it was never found, but turned out a cruise employee found it and was using it unaware that everyphoto was backed up to cloud where the owner watched, including their selfies. Disney I believe.

The folks who had the stateroom before us a few years ago must have really been in a rush on Debarkation Day--they left behind a half of a bottle of Jack Daniels and a leather portfolio. - Musing About Cruising