Dinner jacket ?/excursions? - Norwegian Star Greek Isles

Hi, it's our very first cruise and my husband isn't sure whether he needs to pack a dinner jacket or whether he'd be ok with a nice shirt. I would be grateful if you could reply and let me know, I'm led to believe its quite an informal cruise but not sure if a jacket is still expected in the evening for dinner.

Also the excursions seem quite expensive, esp when there are four of us! When we are taken inland are we dropped off in nice areas, again any recommends on places to go. We are happy just looking around but thought Id ask in case there's a 'must do' ..this does not necessarily have to be an arranged excursion.

Never been to any of the places so very excited.

Would be very grateful for any replies, thank you

Your husband will not need a dinner jacket for any meal on Norwegian. That's what Freestyle is all about. Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports and read how you can do the ports on your own. He covers all but Kotor. Kotor is a tender port, and the tender will let you off just a short walk from the walled Old Town. The town is picturesque and quite walkable. If you feel you need a guidebook for Kotor, go online to Lonely Planet and purchase and download the chapter on Kotor. Your ship will likely have a shuttle bus (fee) into town, letting you off at an old fort. From there is is an easy walk across the park to the old town. Visit the Ports of Call boards here for more info. EM

Your husband will not need a dinner jacket for any meal on Norwegian. That's what Freestyle is all about. Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports and read how you can do the ports on your own. He covers all but Kotor. Kotor is a tender port, and the tender will let you off just a short walk from the walled Old Town. The town is picturesque and quite walkable. If you feel you need a guidebook for Kotor, go online to Lonely Planet and purchase and download the chapter on Kotor. Your ship will likely have a shuttle bus (fee) into town, letting you off at an old fort. From there is is an easy walk across the park to the old town. Visit the Ports of Call boards here for more info. EM

Thank you so much EM:)

Norwegian does have 'formal' nights. They have 'Norwegian night out' where there are photographers out and a special party; but there's no dress code change. Because of this we have found that people dress up according to when they prefer to. On any night you may be wearing jeans and flip flops and see a couple dressed in a suit and gown plus everything in between. You if prefer to bring a suit because you enjoy dressing for dinner, you won't feel out of place. But it's 100% not required. You could also bring just shorts and t shirts and eat in the casual mdr and casual specialties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums