Heartfelt Plea to CEO from Loyal Celebrity Cruiser

Luvcrusn

On the home page select months you want to search.select the destination and departure if you want to and click search. On the next page there are three little horizontal lines on the right that are very small and faint and the word Refine. Click Refine, then click ship, then choose the ship you want.

The old web site allowed you to select a ship before the "search." Making you select the ship after the search (using small and faint lines) is a big step backwards in user interface.

This is just a suggestion. Maybe this could be a more productive thread if those posting to it listed the difficulties they are experiencing on the website. Maybe if multiple users list the problems they have the list would be more likely to be addressed. It may not, but there are already multiple threads where cruise critic members argue their points, but none that I've found so far that list the difficulties,inaccuracies and omissions without criticizing either the CEO or each other. I offer this as a suggestion only and would not take it upon myself to tell others what they should do. I've not been able to find a thread so far with the approach I've suggested. :)

I've been locked out several times while "managing" my reservation. While trying to complete my check-in information the website form refused to accept my travel insurance information because the policy number had letters as well as numbers--it only accepts number--ridiculous!

And trying to get complete information on shore excursions was even worse. Our cruise seems to show generic tour descriptions which include timings that could not possibly go with our cruise's port times. I tried calling but got no answers and was referred to an email address to send an inquiry. So I sent my questions and it's been over 3 weeks with no answers. We've given up and arranged private tours instead so it's Celebrity's loss.

Testing and debugging a system like this can be done in an intelligent and effective manner, but Celebrity did not go that route.

An appropriate number of heavy users (customers) of the website should be invited to use the new web site and provide feedback. During this period, all other users should be able to continue working with the old web site.

Only when any problems discovered by the testing customers have been fixed and the fixes verified (with no new bugs) by the testing customers should the new web site be rolled out to the general population.

Cruise Critic did this when they introduced the new format earlier this year. Although not everyone may have liked the new format, during the testing period the Cruise Critic population that was invited to do the testing provided feedback and that feedback did result in a number of modifications to the new web site format and features before it was released for all to use.

According to what was told to me by the IT management most of the user testing concentrated on the appearance of the site rather than the function of the site.

In researching Shore Excursions for my Eclipse 4Feb2018 trip and look under "Interests", I get two categories labeled "Data not available". Does anyone have an idea what these might be (selecting these categories seem to yield excursions at random)? Is it just our cruise, or does this come up for everyone? Why would Celebrity not fix this by now (and some other obvious misspellings).

I get that Celebrity is trying to add some "wiz-bang" to their public appearance, but getting the details right on a Web site is "job one", and is not really that hard to do. Some sites even have a place to which to submit errata ... might be a good idea for X?!

Hi Tall, the only things I can think of is to delete your Safari history from "All Time" and to also make certain that your software is all updated to the newest version. I also always look at the Celebrity site holding the iPad horizontally. I don't think that matters too much, but the pages appear better. Good luck.

I just checked. Vertical: no Sign In. Horizontal: sign In panel automagically appears to the right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Top burger program with charges has been dropped. Thank you Celebrity for your quick turnaround to all the complaints.

I still think Celebrity should upgrade, provide and promote the burger. Just do it at no additional cost! Would be a refreshing, bold step that Celebrity could point too!

Become the standard to be measured by!

Top burger program with charges has been dropped. Thank you Celebrity for your quick turnaround to all the complaints.

If this reversal was in fact in response to our complaints rather than a lack of on board patronage, there is a dark side - for this would mean that Celebrity is also aware of the complaints regarding their website and has not taken effective action to correct it.

If this reversal was in fact in response to our complaints rather than a lack of on board patronage, there is a dark side - for this would mean that Celebrity is also aware of the complaints regarding their website and has not taken effective action to correct it.
I'd bet it was probably a combination of both; complaints they got on here, Facebook and Twitter, along with how it fared on the two ships. Celebrity has not always changed things because of complaints on here, Facebook or Twitter. One example is when they changed the Captain's Club....there were tons more complaints than praises and Celebrity stayed with their changes.

And who would pay for it?

I still think Celebrity should upgrade, provide and promote the burger. Just do it at no additional cost! Would be a refreshing, bold step that Celebrity could point too!

Become the standard to be measured by!

And who would pay for it?

We already are! Just read their financials!

You assume they cannot offer something without charging for it and they love that! They can cut a service/product and you don't ask for a reduction in price either.

We already are! Just read their financials!

You assume they cannot offer something without charging for it and they love that! They can cut a service/product and you don't ask for a reduction in price either.

Indeed.

It would be seen as part of the investment required to make their product more appealing in a competitive market.

Sadly, there hasn't been much of that for some time.

Indeed.

It would be seen as part of the investment required to make their product more appealing in a competitive market.

Sadly, there hasn't been much of that for some time.

It appears that they are now directing their priorities toward making their product more appealing to those who are willing to pay more to book the top level suites.

"Give us more money and you will never need to wait in line with all those commoners, for anything."

At one time their pitch was that they treat every passenger like a celebrity;

but now it is that they treat the select few like royalty. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Ah Welcome to the dark side. Celebrity did take corrective action, albeit not effective, to correct the web site. They hired a dynamic company to completely change the old web site and make it stunning. Do you remember the Celebrity press release last year? Want a laugh (or cry if you have a reservation)?

This is from an article at http://www.consultancy.uk/news/3254/celebrity-cruises-hires-accenture-to-boost-digital-experience

Celebrity Cruises has engaged Accenture to enhance the digital customer services experience on its cruise ships. The consulting firm will leverage its considerable experience in design and technology across multiple platforms to equip the firm’s ships with a modern luxury brand promise.

Celebrity Cruises was founded 1988, operating upmarket cruise ships to Bermuda as subsidiary of the Greece-based Chandris Group. In 1997 Celebrity Cruises was sold to Royal Caribbean International, and nowadays Celebrity Cruises is one of the six cruise brands operated by the global cruise vacation company. The organisation has its headquarters in Miami, Florida, and operates a fleet of 10 cruise ships.

In line with developments in other industries, meeting the growing customer expectations has become a key line of business for cruise firms. This is even more true in the high end segment in which Celebrity Cruises operates, competing with the likes of Disney, Seabourn Cruise Line, Crystal Cruises and Oceania Cruises. In a bid to improve its customer journeys as part of the wider cruise experience, Celebrity Cruises has turned to Accenture, a global consultancy. Under the agreement, Accenture will develop the digital customer experience across multiple platforms, enabling an ‘omnichannel experiencce’, which at the end of the line is designed to differentiate Celebrity Cruises as a global luxury cruise brand.

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises says: “Celebrity Cruises is known for delivering highly intuitive service in a modern luxury environment on our ships, and we want all of our digital properties to do the same. We are highly focused on how we tell our brand story, and we are excited to have selected Accenture for its ability to bring that story to life through deep, market-leading capability across design and innovation, digital marketing, content and web platforms.”

Glen Hartman, senior managing director for Accenture Interactive in North America, adds: “Accenture is excited to have been selected to help Celebrity Cruises completely redesign the digital customer journey by finding new and innovative ways to engage with its target audience in order to reinforce its modern luxury brand positioning, drive business performance and increase market share. We look forward to helping Celebrity increase consumer satisfaction and retention through an integrated, user-friendly and seamless experience.

I just don't want "Jr" after my name. I can't check in because name, reservation & Captains Club # don't match. I called Captains Club, they commiserated with me, managed to do a workaround so I could check in. Next morning, yup, I was "Jr" again. This had gone on for months. Beyond irritating! Good thing all is well once we finally board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I lead application development groups for many years. We used to do both internal and end user testing. The testers would document the issues and hand them back to the developers. Here is a suggestion. We start a thread to ONLY post error messages that we are seeing. Describe browser, resolution of screen, what we were trying to do on a page and then copy and paste the errors onto the thread. We do not add comments to each other's posting so that the thread is kept as pure test results for Celebrity to read. If someone has the CEO's email address, then that cruisecritic page needs to be sent to her so that she can forward to their IT group. I believe the highly overpaid and incompetent folks that were awarded the IT contract to develop this is Accenture but the CEO of Celebrity needs to fix this mess.

Does Luvcrusn want to start this thread? I have quite a few that I can post as well. Aye or nay?

I lead application development groups for many years. We used to do both internal and end user testing. The testers would document the issues and hand them back to the developers. Here is a suggestion. We start a thread to ONLY post error messages that we are seeing. Describe browser, resolution of screen, what we were trying to do on a page and then copy and paste the errors onto the thread. We do not add comments to each other's posting so that the thread is kept as pure test results for Celebrity to read. If someone has the CEO's email address, then that cruisecritic page needs to be sent to her so that she can forward to their IT group. I believe the highly overpaid and incompetent folks that were awarded the IT contract to develop this is Accenture but the CEO of Celebrity needs to fix this mess.

Does Luvcrusn want to start this thread? I have quite a few that I can post as well. Aye or nay?

There have been many attempts to do exactly what you are suggesting over the years. The "old" celebrity cruises rep actually collected issues for a while before he was departed. Based on the previous efforts, I would not suggest wasting anyone's time organizing input for Celebrity's IT team because it will only lead to frustration...with no acknowledgement, no follow up and no action.

There have been many attempts to do exactly what you are suggesting over the years. The "old" celebrity cruises rep actually collected issues for a while before he was departed. Based on the previous efforts, I would not suggest wasting anyone's time organizing input for Celebrity's IT team because it will only lead to frustration...with no acknowledgement, no follow up and no action.

Oh well. :loudcry:

Hi CEOofVacation, whilst I think your thread of pure website errors is a good one, I think it would only be practical for general errors. Most of the errors I've read here are ones referring to specific bookings - eg users who couldn't log on; couldn't check in etc. In these cases Celebrity would need bookings details to recreate the error and I suspect members would not be willing to publicly publish such info ( I wouldn't).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi CEOofVacation, whilst I think your thread of pure website errors is a good one, I think it would only be practical for general errors. Most of the errors I've read here are ones referring to specific bookings - eg users who couldn't log on; couldn't check in etc. In these cases Celebrity would need bookings details to recreate the error and I suspect members would not be willing to publicly publish such info ( I wouldn't).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have several errors with each of my bookings. I am able to reproduce the errors, and can copy and paste. But you are right, I would blank out the part that identify the booking id. I think I may just call captain's club next week to read the errors to them.

I'll start when I get home layer but I do think it'll be wasted time based on previous efforts. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I can't even sign up for email offers. I have tried several times, sent a request to the contact us page, received a call back saying they signed me up but still not on the list. It's also no fun for me to browse their website for cruises because it just doesn't work

I can't even sign up for email offers. I have tried several times, sent a request to the contact us page, received a call back saying they signed me up but still not on the list. It's also no fun for me to browse their website for cruises because it just doesn't work

I signed up for NO email offers and still get the dam things.