7am knock Disembartion Day

sailin'mama

Was your Do Not Disturb sign out?

Did you answer the door to find out what he wanted?

We've never had a knock because we always tell our steward, on the evening before embarkation, that we will be leaving the stateroom for breakfast and then returning to pick up our luggage before embarking. We give him a time and make sure it is alright. Sometimes it is before the stated time to leave the cabin, but other times it may be 30 minutes later. The stewards have always given us the go ahead and have said that they had plenty of staterooms to clean of those that are leaving earlier. ;)

Frankly, we are usually having breakfast by 7:00 am.

Was your Do Not Disturb sign out?

Did you answer the door to find out what he wanted?

We've never had a knock because we always tell our steward, on the evening before embarkation, that we will be leaving the stateroom for breakfast and then returning to pick up our luggage before embarking. We give him a time and make sure it is alright. Sometimes it is before the stated time to leave the cabin, but other times it may be 30 minutes later. The stewards have always given us the go ahead and have said that they had plenty of staterooms to clean of those that are leaving earlier. ;)

Frankly, we are usually having breakfast by 7:00 am.

No we didn;t have our sign out, - ( 1st night missing it.)yes I answered, he just shook his head, grunted and left, we did not see him the day, nor the day before that. BTW, there was other issues, no shampoo left, did not take out trash etc.etc I chalked those up to a hard working steward...was just wondering on the knock. We usually tip extra in cash but not this time.

I always put the Do Not Disturb sign out (mine gone 1st night, but just asked for another) and have never had anyone knock on my door. If the sign isn't out, it isn't the Cabin Stewards fault, as he probably thought you had left the cabin.

We do walk off.. go early to breakfast...return to cabin for luggage...try to let our attendant know our plan.

I heard recently E + need not wait on the snaking walk off line..have to check that out

If X wants folks to vacate cabins that early, they need to have better spaces, food, water, coffee etc in waiting areas...as there can always be lengthy delays..Disembark not one of Xs strong points..

If X wants folks to vacate cabins that early, they need to have better spaces, food, water, coffee etc in waiting areas...as there can always be lengthy delays..Disembark not one of Xs strong points..
I don't think Celebrity wanted them out at 7:00, it was just that they didn't have their Do Not Disturb sign out and the Cabin Steward thought they were out of their cabin, because many people do leave their cabin early.

So if you normally put your sign out then he might have assumed that you left early as many do and he then could get a start on your cabin

I see your points..I was probably a bit sensitive....i wasn't ready to leave the ship!

Thanks

At one point there was an announcement of sorts that X would be requesting pax to leave luggage out earlier the night before disembark...and also request they depart cabins early with their hand carry luggage, so stateroom attendants could start readying them for new guests.

Lots of posts were against it...guess the program fizzled before the launch!

At one point there was an announcement of sorts that X would be requesting pax to leave luggage out earlier the night before disembark...and also request they depart cabins early with their hand carry luggage, so stateroom attendants could start readying them for new guests.

Lots of posts were against it...guess the program fizzled before the launch!

Yes, fizzled and has been a non-issue since January.

Yes, fizzled and has been a non-issue since January.

On Solstice in May they wanted bags in the hall by 8:00pm. We complied because we dine late, which meant that we had extra clothing to drag off. And we could have waited, since we saw a few bags in our hallway when we retired for the evening around 11:00; I'm sure they did a final sweep to pick those up.

But they didn't want us out of the cabins until 8:00 am.

On Solstice in May they wanted bags in the hall by 8:00pm. We complied because we dine late, which meant that we had extra clothing to drag off. And we could have waited, since we saw a few bags in our hallway when we retired for the evening around 11:00; I'm sure they did a final sweep to pick those up.

But they didn't want us out of the cabins until 8:00 am.

I was speaking of the issue were they wanted passengers out of their cabin by 7:00am. As far as what time they want luggage out, on my January cruise it was 11:00pm.

Anyone else ever experience their room steward knocking on the door at 7am the last day of the cruise? We weren't even docked yet - exactly where did he think we were?

:confused:

You weren't even docked at 7pm? On all of our cruises I think we've never tied up to the dock later than 6am.

Where did you hear / read this? If you have more info, please post. I'm E+ also.

It was somewhere in a post... we won't know til we cruise again...Oct..

I may post a gen inquiry before that.

We do know that the suite guests wait in their lounge...and are brought to walk off ahead of everyone else in the walk off line,

Where did you hear / read this? If you have more info, please post. I'm E+ also.

We are E+ and disembarked Summit on Sunday, July 16th. There was no change that we noticed to disembarkation. We got out luggage tags and had #6 and got off when the CC Hostess told us we could go.