question about getting drunk onboard

az-cruiser

While at home, I may not drink at all some nights, others I will have one or two drinks.

Going out to a restaurant, DW and I will usually just drink one glass of wine each.

On cruises, we do drink more, of course we are in social setting meeting new people or cruising with family and or friends.

DW and I will usually consume 3-4 drinks a day, most wine.

I have seen posts here on cc (in fact many) of people that start drinking at breakfast and drink all day. One guy said he drank a case of beer a day. Even at Frat parties in college, I never did that.

I do remember one evening that I decided to go with vodka martinis (the big ones) before dinner. I had two and after wine with dinner, I was done. DW and I just went back to the cabin.

The beverage packages are probably encouraging more consumption.

You think??? :rolleyes:

On the Getaway TA in April hubby found a wine he liked ....We sat and listened to howl at the moon for quite a few hours ....I went to bed .. he stayed up ... he came in quite late .....The next day a waiter smiled at him and saluted and kept on walking ...hubby then told me he had a very foggy memory of what happened after I left ....We caught up the the waiter later on and asked why he saluted my husband ....He said I am the guy that helped you to your room last night !!!!!! So apparently you can get quite drunk on a cruise ship !!!! Thank you Arturo ... We tipped him big the next time we ordered from him ( not wine ) and wrote out a hero card

On the Getaway TA in April hubby found a wine he liked ....We sat and listened to howl at the moon for quite a few hours ....I went to bed .. he stayed up ... he came in quite late .....The next day a waiter smiled at him and saluted and kept on walking ...hubby then told me he had a very foggy memory of what happened after I left ....We caught up the the waiter later on and asked why he saluted my husband ....He said I am the guy that helped you to your room last night !!!!!! So apparently you can get quite drunk on a cruise ship !!!! Thank you Arturo ... We tipped him big the next time we ordered from him ( not wine ) and wrote out a hero card

My point exactly. If you cannot remember what you did the night before, then you should realize you had one too many drinks. :( So sad to see so many "adults" over drinking just because.

Several drinks by the pool... frozen with a rum float, a martini tasting... pre dinner drinks...all on an empty stomach... a manhattan or two with dinner... too late! Not one of my proudest moments... trying to keep up with my young adult nieces....the shiner in the morning due to a trip and fall...lucky I didn't break something!! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's much of the sugary mixes they use for drinks; there is not much alcohol in them. The Premixed dispensers are probably about right for a Freshman mixer.

Stick to stuff that can not be short poured; beer and wine. Or get liquor on rocks with no other mixers.

It's much of the sugary mixes they use for drinks; there is not much alcohol in them. The Premixed dispensers are probably about right for a Freshman mixer.

Stick to stuff that can not be short poured; beer and wine. Or get liquor on rocks with no other mixers.

I can't have liquor on the rocks. :(

The damn ice cubes block my IV line. ;p

Straight up and Straight in is what I say! :D

I can't have liquor on the rocks. :(

The damn ice cubes block my IV line. ;p

Straight up and Straight in is what I say! :D

I always get irritated that the ice cubes melt and water down the scotch. My daughter bought me ice cube sized rocks (soapstone, I think) that I can freeze so the rocks don't turn into water (that was a miracle for Moses, but simply an irritant for me!)

I always get irritated that the ice cubes melt and water down the scotch. My daughter bought me ice cube sized rocks (soapstone, I think) that I can freeze so the rocks don't turn into water (that was a miracle for Moses, but simply an irritant for me!)

Wasn't the Eleventh Commandment "Tho shalt not water down single malt" ?

;)

Nearly - thou shalt not adulterate single malt scotch in any way.:halo:

Darn, I should have known that because I was an alter boy growing up. :(

I knew I should have been listening to the Priest instead of sneaking the sacramental wine during Mass. :wine-glass: :halo:

Don't eat so much, avoid the damn buffet. Watch the carbs, they tend to absorb the booze. Do NOT drink wine unless you enjoy projectile vomiting. Start drinking at breakfast. Have some fried eggs (grease is good) and a couple of screwdrivers . Drink all day, so you build that buzz. Your first two drinks should be on an empty stomach, again eating too much will make your task more difficult. If you can find a bartender who'll mix you one, try an "Adios Mother effer", it's blue , sort of like a Long Island ice tea on steroids. Number two should get you a nice buzz. Number four will get you blasted. Number five will cause you to forget who you are and why you're on this big boat. Have fun and drink responsibly. Yeah sure...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't eat so much, avoid the damn buffet. Watch the carbs, they tend to absorb the booze. Do NOT drink wine unless you enjoy projectile vomiting. Start drinking at breakfast. Have some fried eggs (grease is good) and a couple of screwdrivers . Drink all day, so you build that buzz. Your first two drinks should be on an empty stomach, again eating too much will make your task more difficult. If you can find a bartender who'll mix you one, try an "Adios Mother effer", it's blue , sort of like a Long Island ice tea on steroids. Number two should get you a nice buzz. Number four will get you blasted. Number five will cause you to forget who you are and why you're on this big boat. Have fun and drink responsibly. Yeah sure...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

db9dfdda0ac190609a4a61f9c06cc85b.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This thread is hilarious! Thanks for the chuckles. We sail on the Sky next week and are looking forward to a fun extended weekend with many cocktails. I had an experience with the blue AMF drinks in Vegas, but never on a cruise ship. I think I will just stick to vodka sodas or margaritas. And when I order my drinks I will think of all of these posts! LOL

Sorry, but, with drinking you have no clear perception of how "drunk" you are. And usually self reports are greatly skewed. Of course alcohol has multiple effects on people, but blood alcohol is a fixed indication.

Hope this question is more of a joke than a goal.

Everyones metabolism is different also your weight and your liver function have everything to do with getting drunk.

Edited by Stilles
grammar corrections, sorry I've had a few!

My point exactly. If you cannot remember what you did the night before, then you should realize you had one too many drinks. :( So sad to see so many "adults" over drinking just because.

You should save your judgement for a thread filled with people who give a $%@* on what your opinion is...

One more tip: being drunk has a strong social component. If you expect that you will get drunk, and you are with other people who are getting drunk, you are more likely to get drunk.

Get together with your roll call for a pub crawl and enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Okay, i have cruised with NCL many times. I always have a few drinks, even without the UBP. Heres my question, it doesnt seem to matter how many drinks I have, I can never get a buzz. Then I see drunk people all over the boat and I have to wonder, what the heck i'm doing wrong? On land, its 2 drinks and i'm feeling good! Onboard, I usually order things like a non frozen margarita, vodka and tonic, BBC...and always ask for a shot with each drink, which I taste and pour in just to make sure its alcohol..which it sure tastes like it is!

Please help me, just for once, I want to be one of those drunk people on the ship! lol!:rolleyes:[/quote

One more tip: being drunk has a strong social component. If you expect that you will get drunk, and you are with other people who are getting drunk, you are more likely to get drunk.

Get together with your roll call for a pub crawl and enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

It also helps that other drunks can understand your slurry conversation perfectly, whereas the sober ones may struggle.