Transgender friendly cruises

bellababe70

I've seen some of the topic addressed but not specifically, we are looking to take a family cruise again. Our last cruise was on Celebrity about 5 years ago, and since that time our family has slightly changed. My 22 year is a trans-female and came out about 2 years ago, by the time we cruise her name change will be completed so all identification will match her female presentation we might also have had her gender marker change completed so her ID will say female, I am still concerned with the treatment from other passengers more than staff. In my experience staff is paid to be accommodating lol so they will not be the issue. I am very concerned for her safety of course, and which Ports of call would be ones of more concern than others. If anyone has personal experience good/bad or indifferent that they would care to share it would be greatly appreciated. I want her to feel comfortable and enjoy amother great family vacation.

Thanks in advance

Edited by bellababe70
Misspelled word

I've seen some of the topic addressed but not specifically, we are looking to take a family cruise again. Our last cruise was on Celebrity about 5 years ago, and since that time our family has slightly changed. My 22 year is a trans-female and came out about 2 years ago, by the time we cruise her name change will be completed so all identification will match her female presentation we might also have had her gender marker change completed so her ID will say female, I am still concerned with the treatment from other passengers more than staff. In my experience staff is paid to be accommodating lol so they will not be the issue. I am very concerned for her safety of course, and which Ports of call would be ones of more concern than others. If anyone has personal experience good/bad or indifferent that they would care to share it would be greatly appreciated. I want her to feel comfortable and enjoy amother great family vacation.

Thanks in advance

Ā 

Hi., we often have trans or cross dressers on sectors of the World Cruise. I dont know if any of the Cunard ships or their Itins suit what you are looking for but it is a very gay friendly environment.

Ā 

I haven't heard of any of them having a bad experience on board although I'm sure as in life there are always idiots who have no respect for others but I have often had chats with the girls (or boys) in the cafe in the morning and they all seem to be happy with their experience onboard

Ā 

Good luck.

Ā 

roscoe

I'm the mom of two transgender adults. My daughter hasn't cruised post transition, but my agender child had no issues on Royal Caribbean Eastern Caribbean sailing. Please share how things go for your family.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have had no issues on a cruise. I am a transgender woman. We have only been on HAL since transition but have sailed Celebrity and don't think it will be different because passenger mix is similar. I travel with my wife and sometimes with grown children. Tablemates have still been great. We have had no issues with crew other than once being asked if we wanted the beds separated in case we were 'just friends'. Didn't bother us.

Her having IDs matching presentation will make things much easier. I wouldn't worry at all and just enjoy the cruise.

Ā 

I don't think she will have any issues in port as long as her passport has been changed. Only issue might be any display of affection with another female in some ports like St Petersburg or Jamaica. We had no problem in St Petersburg.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jmps

Thank you so much for sharing! Heck we are just doing it lol ... she is going to be fine. I was just over thinking because we live in NYC and sometimes I feel that we live in this semi liberal bubble!! But we are vacationing to be together so that's all that matters! Thanks again to all of you who shared your experiences.

Ā 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for sharing! Heck we are just doing it lol ... she is going to be fine. I was just over thinking because we live in NYC and sometimes I feel that we live in this semi liberal bubble!! But we are vacationing to be together so that's all that matters! Thanks again to all of you who shared your experiences.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. As a mama bear I know we always worry about our transgender babies. Be sure to share when you get back.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. As a mama bear I know we always worry about our transgender babies. Be sure to share when you get back.

Ā 

Ā 

Definitely leslieart! We are doing Royal Caribbean, I'm sure we will have an amazing time! I will definitely share our experience when we get back.

Ā 

Definitely leslieart! We are doing Royal Caribbean, I'm sure we will have an amazing time! I will definitely share our experience when we get back.

Ā 

Ā 

I was lurking but decided to speak up: I have a trans loved one who is currently going through the paperwork process (passport name and gender change, etc), and I wanted to thank you for caring enough to post the question, and thank other people for being brave enough (I don't mean that in a patronizing way--the internet is a rough place these days, and CC members can be quite old-fashioned) to answer.

I was lurking but decided to speak up: I have a trans loved one who is currently going through the paperwork process (passport name and gender change, etc), and I wanted to thank you for caring enough to post the question, and thank other people for being brave enough (I don't mean that in a patronizing way--the internet is a rough place these days, and CC members can be quite old-fashioned) to answer.

Isn't it amazing how loving people can be!! Of course we will all face the bigots, but I think there are way more good than bad, even if they don't "get it" people are starting to be open to the fact that we are just parents/loved ones who love and support our family. Good luck to your loved one, getting your identity in the world is such an important step for the trans community, it gives them the confidence and validity to move forward.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I think it was two or three cruises ago on Royal that we say a transgender photographer onboard. The company is definitely transgender friendly.

Ā 

Ā 

I think it was two or three cruises ago on Royal that we say a transgender photographer onboard. The company is definitely transgender friendly.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I think it's important to not assume the gender of the employee just out of courtesy to them. Sometimes it can be quite triggering to someone if they are misgendered. Happy cruising.

We are a gay couple and have never ever had any issues with passengers or crew on DCL, Cunard, Crystal, or Princess. On one of the Disney TATLs we met the most wonderful trans woman. She was not having any issues. You would be surprised how accepting folks are in personal settings despite their politics, religion, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on going on my first cruise next April and will be also be my first trip as trans woman. I found someone that is arranging a 4 day Cuba cruise that supposed to be for transgender people and their family and friends I've attached some info below.

Hope this helps and who knows maybe we'll meet in April

Cori

Ā 

9a0666e0-5e37-441d-87c5-22c56ca4b805.jpg

Edited by Cori_T

• 1 year later...

Iā€™m going as my true authentic self on RCCL on 6/9/19. My passport and ID have not been changed but I look nearly the same either way and expecting no issues. Im going to enjoy myself and not let small issues get in the way of my good time. šŸ™‚