Just returned from Atlantis with room rented from Comfort Suites

LollyR

Hello all. Just wanted to give some info on going to Atlantis through a room rented through Comfort Suites. I work for the government so I paid $300 for the room for 3 Adults (me & 2 teens) online. I reserved the room about a month before we left in the cruise. As soon as we got off the Carnival ship (a few minutes after 8) we went out the gates and there were guys there asking if we needed a taxi, we said yes & waited about 2 minutes. (They want to fill there vans). Anyway, it was $4 per person & it took about 8 minutes to get to Comfort Suites. Once there, we went to check in. They did not ask me for a government ID. Just a license or passport. It was really easy, just make sure each adult has an ID, they did ask each of us for them because they give you a printed pink card with your info that you take with you to Atlantis. The lady at the hotel front desk was Super Nice!! I told her we were checking in & checking right back out & there was no problem with that. After we were given our pink cards we went back to Atlantis. Our taxi driver actually told us he would wait for us & he did!! I was glad (maybe others can tell them to wait as well). He took us right to the Tower we needed to go to & we went to the check in at desk & gave them the pink cards & each of us had a band put on our wrist. That was it!! We were inside the water park before 9 am!! We put out things in a locker and went straight to the beach first, stayed till 10 then headed for the water park. Hardly any lines & there were 4 ships in port!! After that we went to the dig and then the reef & also saw the huge turtles stingrays & sharks!! It was a Graat Dsy but just lots & lots of walking!! We had no problems with getting tubes or getting hurt in the water rides. You will have fun here & it's worth doing once!! It is not difficult to do this and it is way cheaper than booking through the cruise line!! Hope this helps😊

Just curious, is comfort suites now requiring a 2 day minimum or was the $300 the cost per night. I did this many years ago and I think we paid about $150 for one day.

We did this 9 years ago, and it came out to just under $100 pp.

The cost was $300 for 1 night....they charge for each additional adult in the room with a max of 4 per room. If you have per say 5 Adults, you would need to rent 2 rooms. There is not a minimum night stay. I only got the room for 1 night.

We paid $4 per person for the taxi. The band they give you covers all parts of Atlantis, the water park, the dig (aquarium) the reef, the beaches, pools etc.....you do have to pay for lockers (credit cards only) and you can take coolers into the water park....they do not check them. I know because I had one with food & drinks & they did not check it. They provide huge beach towels that anyone inside the water park can use for free as well.:)

Great info; thanks for sharing! The taxi from hotel to Atlantis was $4 per person? Did you have any trouble getting a cab from Atlantis back to port? How long did it take to get back to port?

The taxi from the port to Atlantis was $4 per person and the same going back. They ask you where you are going when you get on the taxi van. The taxi driver took us to Comfort Suites (which is right across the street) first, waited for us to check in & out and then took us to the tower we needed to be at to get our bands. We did tip him a few dollars extra for waiting for us.

There were no problems getting a taxi back to the port. As you walk out the front doors there are men there waiting to gather people for taxis. We left Atlantis about 3:30 because we had to be back on the ship by 4:30. We got back to port in about 10-12 min. The guy driving said the traffic usually starts to get bad on the bridge after 4? We did not want to get caught in that traffic.

Edited by LollyR

Thanks for the info. One more question: the website says check in for the hotel is 3 PM; were you able to check in and get your Atlantis stuff in the morning? Since we dock at 7:00 am, we want to be sure we get a full day of fun in :)

Yes, we were able to check in early. As soon as we got off the ship we went to the hotel and checked in. It was around 8:20 am when we got there. We checked in and then checked right back out. You could use the room if you wanted but we did not have time to do this as rooms are usually not ready until the afternoon.:)

Just curious, is comfort suites now requiring a 2 day minimum or was the $300 the cost per night. I did this many years ago and I think we paid about $150 for one day.

I just booked it today for November and they booked it for one night. I also called as the state govt rate was not available online. I was able to get it over the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

We wore water shoes while we were there. They did not make us take them off when we went on the slides. I have seen other posts where they make people take off flip flops (maybe because they do not stay on?) I do not think you will have problems with chaco or keens style shoes.:cool:

Ok in case anyone else is wondering I answered my own question. Their website says no metal buckles. Kids' Chacos are plastic and I think my Keens are too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi afeiner31.....If your asking if at any point did they stop and check my cooler or ask me what I was bringing in......then the answer is no, I was never stopped by anyone or asked what I had in there. I did not take in any glass items. I did have canned drinks, bottled water, sandwiches & snacks like that.

Also....I would like to add that the type of cooler I took in was a large plastic cooler with a long strap (the kind you can carry), just in case anyone is wondering.

Edited by LollyR

Hello all. Just wanted to give some info on going to Atlantis through a room rented through Comfort Suites. I work for the government so I paid $300 for the room for 3 Adults (me & 2 teens) online.
So am I right that for 2 people that savings is not significant? Are you getting just the waterpark excursion equivalent? You don't get to swim with Rays or Dolpins as well, correct?

Hi afeiner31.....If your asking if at any point did they stop and check my cooler or ask me what I was bringing in......then the answer is no, I was never stopped by anyone or asked what I had in there. I did not take in any glass items. I did have canned drinks, bottled water, sandwiches & snacks like that.

Also....I would like to add that the type of cooler I took in was a large plastic cooler with a long strap (the kind you can carry), just in case anyone is wondering.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wondered if you had the cab stop somewhere along the way for food & drinks. Will there be places to buy near?

So am I right that for 2 people that savings is not significant? Are you getting just the waterpark excursion equivalent? You don't get to swim with Rays or Dolpins as well, correct?

For two people I think you would be better off going through Atlantis Day Passes. You can pick your options to swim with the Rays or Dolphins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi afeiner31......I brought sandwiches from the ship that I ordered through room service. The rest of the snacks I had brought from home which was part of my plan so I would not have to worry about stopping anywhere and purchasing them;)