Recent Luminae Patrons on Equinox

WB57

Hello folks -

We will be on the Jul 30 Equinox cruise. We have been on other S class ships and have really enjoyed the Luminae experience. In my humble opinion, the one thing that made the experience even more wonderful was the wait staff. I am wondering if any recent Equinox cruisers can comment on their Luminae experience. Particularly, if they can recommend a particular waiter/waitress that gave them outstanding service. Also, names of the Maitre'd and the Sommelier staff would also be welcomed. Thank you all in advance.

Looking for your review once you get back. We also love Luminae [from Connie] and are booked on Equinox in January. We found the combination of the Luminae and MDR menus to offer a very wide selection, and the Luminae staff bent over backwards to make us happy [the word 'no' is not in their vocabulary!]

We are on the Equinox right before your cruise, the Eastern sailing 7/23. Although not sure if I'll be able to post prior to your sailing, I think I can make a recommendation. We were on the Solstice Australia/NZ in January and had a wonderful Luminae waiter, Rakesh (spelling may be off.) He told us after his break, he'd be joining the Equinox in June ... we are hoping to request him on our upcoming cruise. If I do get a chance, I'll certainly pop in and update whilst aboard.

Hope this helps.

We are on the Equinox right before your cruise, the Eastern sailing 7/23. Although not sure if I'll be able to post prior to your sailing, I think I can make a recommendation. We were on the Solstice Australia/NZ in January and had a wonderful Luminae waiter, Rakesh (spelling may be off.) He told us after his break, he'd be joining the Equinox in June ... we are hoping to request him on our upcoming cruise. If I do get a chance, I'll certainly pop in and update whilst aboard.

Hope this helps.

DogLover - thank you for the response. Whilst a quick note while you are on board would be very much appreciated, I certainly hope you not worry too much about finding a computer and instead have a great time on your cruise. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable cruise! Cheers...

We were just on Equinox a couple weeks ago and ate in Luminae most nights. Serkan was our main server and he and his team were fantastic. Very professional and a good sense of humor, which made for enjoyable meals. We had a couple other servers there for breakfast/lunch and one night for dinner, and he was definitely our favorite. Not sure if he'll still be on the ship or which section he'll be, but he was serving in the back section when we were there (walk through the main entrance and past the partition). Tell him the honeymoon couple with the mushroom allergy recommended him!

We were just on Equinox a couple weeks ago and ate in Luminae most nights. Serkan was our main server and he and his team were fantastic. Very professional and a good sense of humor, which made for enjoyable meals. We had a couple other servers there for breakfast/lunch and one night for dinner, and he was definitely our favorite. Not sure if he'll still be on the ship or which section he'll be, but he was serving in the back section when we were there (walk through the main entrance and past the partition). Tell him the honeymoon couple with the mushroom allergy recommended him!

Higgens - thanks for the info. I will make a note on Serkan. Do you by chance recall who the sommelier is/was in Luminae?

No problem. No, I don't recall his name, unfortunately. He was a young Asian guy. He was always quick to offer refills on our wine when we ran low (we drank wine there each night), and he went so far as to get a bottle from Murano for us that we had enjoyed the prior night. We were disappointed that neither he nor the maitre'd gave us any wine recommendations based on our meal choices, but Serkan did offer his recommendations a couple of times.

We found Luminae better overall - food and wait staff - on Eclipse than Equinox. Rakesh is great!!! Maggie the sommelier was fabulous - she made our meals and honestly I can't imagine a better sommelier anywhere.

We found Luminae better overall - food and wait staff - on Eclipse than Equinox. Rakesh is great!!! Maggie the sommelier was fabulous - she made our meals and honestly I can't imagine a better sommelier anywhere.

ClaudiaB - thank you for the info. Quick follow-up...so were Rakesh and Maggie on recent Equinox - or - Eclipse?

DogLover - thank you for the response. Whilst a quick note while you are on board would be very much appreciated, I certainly hope you not worry too much about finding a computer and instead have a great time on your cruise. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable cruise! Cheers...

Actually, I can make use of the Celebrity Online area with plenty of computers - and with unlimited internet, not a worry about slow connection time ;) I'll make sure to follow up and give you the scoop on Luminae.

Actually, I can make use of the Celebrity Online area with plenty of computers - and with unlimited internet, not a worry about slow connection time ;) I'll make sure to follow up and give you the scoop on Luminae.

Thank you DogLover!

Just got off B2B on Equinox this past Sunday. Kurt was our main waiter, luck of the draw where you sat first night it seems, but absolutely everyone was fantastic. Since breakfast and lunch are more open seating, we got to know all waiters/asst waiters including Serkan (still in the back section), Rakesh, Evica, Soner (aka Clark Kent, you'll see ...), Nixon, Vishal and Maria (she's going home soon). Red was sommelier (and did suggest wines based on chosen entree), maitre d was Aurelian and hostess was Olgica. Only bad (?) thing about B2B is the 7 day menu repeats.

Ha, yes Clark Kent! He was an assistant waiter for us, but he seemed to be the main waiter for a family that sat near us one night. They seemed to enjoy him as their main waiter, though he didn't talk too much to us. Rakesh I believe was the waiter we had for lunch on our first day and breakfast on our last day. We liked him and would have enjoyed having him as our main waiter for the week, but they sat us in Serkan's section for dinner and we ended up staying with him.

Just got off B2B on Equinox this past Sunday. Kurt was our main waiter, luck of the draw where you sat first night it seems, but absolutely everyone was fantastic. Since breakfast and lunch are more open seating, we got to know all waiters/asst waiters including Serkan (still in the back section), Rakesh, Evica, Soner (aka Clark Kent, you'll see ...), Nixon, Vishal and Maria (she's going home soon). Red was sommelier (and did suggest wines based on chosen entree), maitre d was Aurelian and hostess was Olgica. Only bad (?) thing about B2B is the 7 day menu repeats.

maggiepie - if it is the same Vishal (from Mauritius) we had a year ago, he was absolutely awesome. He had an assistant waiter named Mervyn. Do you recall if Mervyn was also in Luminae? Thanks for the info.

DogLover - one more request. If able, can you please make a note of the Sommelier's name as well. Thank you.

I certainly will. I will take copious notes, lol. Okay, okay perhaps not copious, but enough to relay all pertinent info.

Please advise if there is any other information I may obtain for you, I'd be happy to follow up.

Sharon

I certainly will. I will take copious notes, lol. Okay, okay perhaps not copious, but enough to relay all pertinent info.

Please advise if there is any other information I may obtain for you, I'd be happy to follow up.

Sharon

Thank you - and hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise !

maggiepie - if it is the same Vishal (from Mauritius) we had a year ago, he was absolutely awesome. He had an assistant waiter named Mervyn. Do you recall if Mervyn was also in Luminae? Thanks for the info.

WB57- Only Rakesh and Marie (not Maria, oops!) are from Mauritius; this Vishal is from India, and he was an assistant waiter. Nope, no Mervyn.

The sommelier is Mr. Red and he was excellent. Mr. Clark Kent, the Turkish waiter mentioned is very very kind and very good. On our last cruise 1 week ago we found the food to be mediocre.....Kitchen making mistakes, things under and over cooked etc. I hope you had better luck than we did. We gave service a 9 and food a 5 for this cruise. Enjoy!

The sommelier is Mr. Red and he was excellent. Mr. Clark Kent, the Turkish waiter mentioned is very very kind and very good. On our last cruise 1 week ago we found the food to be mediocre.....Kitchen making mistakes, things under and over cooked etc. I hope you had better luck than we did. We gave service a 9 and food a 5 for this cruise. Enjoy!

Thank you cruiseerf. I look forward to mtg Superman :)

Sharon

Bon Voyage Sharon! Have a great cruise...

Just off the Equinox today. We were delightfully surprised to see Kurt from our Infinity trip on the Equinox. Once we knew he was there, he was our server for the remainder of the cruise. Just ask for him when you are being seated. Vishal is his assistant and Sam is the maitre d'. All were great and i think anyone in there will make you dining experience enjoyable. Red is the sommelier. I typically had him make recommendations based on what I was eating and I was happy with his selections.

Enjoy your cruise. We had a fabulously relaxing time. The crew on board were wonderful. All were more than happy to do whatever they could to make your stay memorable.

Becky

Just off the Equinox today. We were delightfully surprised to see Kurt from our Infinity trip on the Equinox. Once we knew he was there, he was our server for the remainder of the cruise. Just ask for him when you are being seated. Vishal is his assistant and Sam is the maitre d'. All were great and i think anyone in there will make you dining experience enjoyable. Red is the sommelier. I typically had him make recommendations based on what I was eating and I was happy with his selections.

Enjoy your cruise. We had a fabulously relaxing time. The crew on board were wonderful. All were more than happy to do whatever they could to make your stay memorable.

Becky

Thank you Becky. We can't wait to get on board a week from today. Cheers....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums