History or City Overview

Gabika Fun

Generally, there are no "enrichment" talks...but there may be shopping talks...directing you to stores that the cruise line thinks you should buy from!

It's best to do your own studies of your ports!

CB, guess you don't sail Europe. No recommended stores or shopping talks in Europe. They don't play that game there. No Diamonds International, either. Sometimes there are port talks, but you really need sea days for those, and there aren't many on cruises in Europe. EM

No, I've not seen shopping talks on European cruises, except ones selling excursions, which usually have plenty of information about the ports, and are repeated on the TV... but I can't remember what they did on NCL- sorry.

I'm not sure that you'll get something as literal as a city overview the day before; but when we were on our last NCL cruise in the Caribbean there were a few sea day lectures on historical topics about the Caribbean (piracy for example).

When we cruised the med w celebrity there were some city overview lectures but we weren't impressed and by the end they generally dissolved into selling excursions/where to shop in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Generally, there are no "enrichment" talks...but there may be shopping talks...directing you to stores that the cruise line thinks you should buy from!

It's best to do your own studies of your ports!

Oh, yes there are on most European itineraries. We are just off RCCL Vision Baltics cruise and had several very informative, interesting enrichment lectures by a lady named Sondra Ettlinger. CB, please, think outside the Caribbean box!!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...