Carnival Breeze - Montego Bay

engrdad

Montego Bay seems to be pretty remote to most excursions offered by Carnival. We have both been to Jamaica so don't really want to spend 4+ hrs in a van. Looking for recommendations and/or experiences for a day at the beach (local resort) for two adults.

Options we are considering include:

Hard Rock Cafe

Secrets Wild Orchid Resort

Sunscape Splash Resort

RIU Resort Day

Grand Palladium

Royalton

We did Secrets last visit. We were very pleased. It was not crowded and the service as well as the food and drinks were very good. I was pleased enough to say I will likely book it again next time we are in Mo Bay.

Sorry, don't hate on me but no kids was a plus. We did a B2B with the first week Thanksgiving with 1500 kids. The second half went to Jamaica and no kids was what we needed.

Like you I'll be experiencing Montego Bay for the first time, next spring.

We've excursioned out of Falmouth three or more times, one of which was to Dunne's River Falls. The Falls are about two minutes out of Ocho Rios, which is about twice as far from Falmouth as Montego Bay is. The bus ride from Falmouth to the Falls was about 45 minutes, if I remember correctly. That's about the same distance that Carnival says the Rafting on the Martha Brae excursion is from Montego Bay. ("Martha Brae Rafting Village" is pinpricked on google maps.)

We did two excursions along the Martha Brae River -- "Good Hope Great House" and a fantastic 4-hour ATV ride (years ago, they don't offer it any more). Good Hope Great House is also on Google maps. From Falmouth, the focal point for several tours (including rafting and tubing) was about a 20-minute bus ride. From Montego Bay I'm guessing it wouldn't be more than about an hour.

We did Secrets last visit. We were very pleased. It was not crowded and the service as well as the food and drinks were very good. I was pleased enough to say I will likely book it again next time we are in Mo Bay.

Sorry, don't hate on me but no kids was a plus. We did a B2B with the first week Thanksgiving with 1500 kids. The second half went to Jamaica and no kids was what we needed.

Thank you for your comments. I was thinking about booking Secrets for my NYE cruise that stops at Mo Bay. It sounds like it would be a good choice and worth the money. The no kids thing would be a plus! How long is the bus ride?

Thank you for the input. No kids sounds good to us as well but not sure it will be a big factor as we are going in early November. However, Secrets is still high on our list of options. Are kayaks included in the day pass? Would you mind sharing who you booked through? Thanks!

Secrets is a nice resort - we enjoyed the food & drinks & the staff was great as well. It's a 5 minute cab ride from the port. We had booked it through the ship, so a large van took us there. We didn't want to leave when the van came back, so we just stayed a couple of hours extra & caught a cab back to the ship. The cab fare was well worth the extra 2 hours we spent.

I have some friends who did the Riu resort and they said it was nice also, but they will be going back to Secrets next time around.

We stayed at Grand Palladium for 5 nights back in 2009. It's about 45 minutes away from MoBay. Its a nice resort but I wouldn't want to drive any extra. Are there day passes for the Hyatt Ziva or Zilara in Rose Hall? What about the Hilton Rose Hall? We stayed at the Hyatt two years and 4 nights and it was amazing. Great food.

I could be crazy, but I thought I recently saw a post about Sunscape having an adult pool. It could have been on my social network roll call, though. Anyway, it seems they liked the resort & the fact that it does have an adult area. If you are on social network, search for your ship & sail date and see if there is a page set up for it.

I could be crazy, but I thought I recently saw a post about Sunscape having an adult pool. It could have been on my social network roll call, though. Anyway, it seems they liked the resort & the fact that it does have an adult area. If you are on social network, search for your ship & sail date and see if there is a page set up for it.

Not sure what you mean by social network? Is that a specific site that you are referring to?