Three sea days.....

shot2bits

We love sea days. There will be lectures, port lectures, quizzes, dance classes, probably cookery demonstrations, maybe a choir or art classes, plus the gym and the pools. Or you can just relax!

We do all that but it's a holiday after all so we also take our iPads loaded with puzzle apps, books on the Kindle app, audio books, music and videos. We always have a balcony though and on 3 sea days we'll enjoy using it

Well, we have a plan, of sorts! Late breakfast, walks around the deck, check out what is on around the ship etc. Spend some time on the balcony, not expecting too much peace around the ship, it's school holidays after all. The relax suggestion is favourite I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I went on my first cruise last month , booked because of the itiniary. However on the sea days I didn't know where to start!. Ended up making a list of what to do at the beginning of those days , had room service for breakfast and on one day , didn't have time for lunch.

Perhaps it was the novelty of it all Needed a holiday when I got back. I would avoid the buffet (if there is one). It was packed on Sea days.

Enjoy and relax , the opposite of what I didn't do.........

First Sea Day - Breakfast, elevenses, lunch, nap, afternoon tea, possible second nap, pre dinner drinks and nibbles, dinner, post dinner drinks, show (nap during show), bed.

Second & Third Sea Days - repeat as above.

I have often described cruises as 24 hour eating and drinking, interspersed with brief rest periods.

"Three days to kill" , now that's a novel way of looking at a cruise.

Interesting enough we have just come off Britannia and had Paul Stickler (think i've spelt that right) doing historical murder talks. He did one each on the two sea days, very good. The first one was a murder on a cruise ship!!

Yesterday we couldn't get into Guernsey so he did a third talk!

We usually get to the end of a sea day and wonder where the time has gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why exactly have you booked a cruise!? 😕

Days at sea go with the territory I'm afraid.

It's a ship, therefore, it has to go by sea to get from one place to another, and not everywhere is within a day of each other, especially when travelling from Southampton.

Maybe a cruise is not going to be your cup of tea.😕

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Why exactly have you booked a cruise!? 😕

Days at sea go with the territory I'm afraid.

It's a ship, therefore, it has to go by sea to get from one place to another, and not everywhere is within a day of each other, especially when travelling from Southampton.

Maybe a cruise is not going to be your cup of tea.😕

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Sea days are an opportunity to relax and the ships shops are open all day too.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I can understand the original question as I am a very 'busy' person (i.e. don't like to sit still too long) and I am unsure re our 9 sea days on our 17 night Ventura cruise! We've booked a large balcony though to ensure that I have a quiet space to chill (away from the maddening crowds) and will take a box of wine and a kindle :-) Hubby has said that it will make me relax ! Just hope that the sun shines as I hate being on the balcony in the shade !

We love sea days we did 14 once on a Southampton to Caribbean, talks, shopping, lazing in morning then Crows nest for coffee and a read, more talks, lazing in the afternoon, Classical concerts, cinema, shows in the evening interspersed with lots of eating.....what's not to like?!

Interesting enough we have just come off Britannia and had Paul Stickler (think i've spelt that right) doing historical murder talks. He did one each on the two sea days, very good. The first one was a murder on a cruise ship!!

Yesterday we couldn't get into Guernsey so he did a third talk!

We usually get to the end of a sea day and wonder where the time has gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would just love that!!

Stay in bed until 12:00, shower then something to eat - go for a drink somewhere depending on the temperature outside, hopefully somewhere in the sunshine. Generally doing the reverse on my normal life.

Well, we have a plan, of sorts! Late breakfast, walks around the deck, check out what is on around the ship etc. Spend some time on the balcony, not expecting too much peace around the ship, it's school holidays after all. The relax suggestion is favourite I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the weather is okay we like to sit out at the back of the ship (aft) and relax, read and watch the wake. This is especially good on the likes of Aurora and Oriana, but there is some space to do this on Ventura too.

On the newer, bigger ships it's not quite as peaceful as the aforementioned ships but at least aft is usually less crowded and quieter than where the central pools are (especially in school holidays). Just don't tell everyone....!

If the weather is okay we like to sit out at the back of the ship (aft) and relax, read and watch the wake. This is especially good on the likes of Aurora and Oriana, but there is some space to do this on Ventura too.

On the newer, bigger ships it's not quite as peaceful as the aforementioned ships but at least aft is usually less crowded and quieter than where the central pools are (especially in school holidays). Just don't tell everyone....!

I think you have let the cat out of the bag.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I love sea days, especially when the sun is shining! Late breakfast, lounge by the pool and read a book / listen to music and relax, possibly a spa treatment in the afternoon. If there are any events that take our interest then we check them out too.