Cable Beach Nassau

TheTobiasTribe

• 2 months later...
if we don't do a resort day pass, are there bathroom facilities at Cable beach anywhere? We did Wyndham day passes last time but from what i've been told that resort was changed or bought out.

Funny. Yeah the Wyndham is definitely not a hotel anymore. If you are curious what happened... Baha Mar was built next door. Thousands of Chinese laborers were brought in, and the Wyndham was used to house many of them (not all). It's been a bit of a bit of a hot button issue for some of the locals as the local animals have kind of, well, disappeared. You'll notice that there are no potcake dogs around the Wyndham... and it became a real issue with the turtles.

The Wyndham basically looks like a dumpy hotel between Baha Mar and the Melia now. You would need a day pass to use resort facilities. Though really, I doubt anyone would know if you walked up on to the property, especially on the west side of Baha Mar near the pier. That said, Melia day passes are not very expensive at all and I would think well worth the price for nice access. In front of the Melia is a Daq Shaq. If you want the best Daiquiri you have ever had, this is the place. It's where the locals and hotel workers go hang out, too.