Help re Superior Deluxe Balcony room review - Ventura

Hi all I am hoping to book a superior deluxe balcony room for one of the Canary cruises later this year on the Ventura (depending on health)

I have tried to access the reviews on here but when I access that page it just shows me types of rooms available, when I click on more info it does not access the review.

Is this a problem for others or can others access the reviews?

If so can a link be posted here so I can read what people are saying.

I like the ones on "E" Deck myself but the highest grades are on "D" Deck mid-ships with being at the centre of the ship being considered preferable on the basis of less movement in high sea swells and closer to the ships infrastructure assuming you wish to access all areas equally. What are you interested in finding out about?

Basically they are larger cabins with a separate sitting area, albeit open plan, and there is a sofa bed which converts to single or double bed for third or fourth passengers if you select a four berth variant.

Regards John

Thanks John It appears that those on D deck are the ones available on the cruise we are looking at.

We are 2 single 'ladies' who will need the beds set out as twins and like the idea of having a separate lounge looks very civilised even if the area isn't huge.

We also like the idea of a bath as well as a shower,

Are the balconies noticeably bigger and do you sacrifice anything for the lounge area?

Thanks heaps!

Having not gone on holiday last year as I was hoping to do a 60 day business class trip to Oz and NZ (It was going to be my 60th birthday treat) Feb - April this year but had to be cancelled as I had bypass surgery. I would splash out on a suite but I need to be mindful of my friend who has to pay for herself (I am not rich :D)

Sorry to give so much info but wanted to say I wanted it to be 'nice' but not too expensive. :D It will be my first holiday in 2 years and boy I have had a vile 2017 so far!

Thanks John It appears that those on D deck are the ones available on the cruise we are looking at.

We are 2 single 'ladies' who will need the beds set out as twins and like the idea of having a separate lounge looks very civilised even if the area isn't huge.

We also like the idea of a bath as well as a shower,

Are the balconies noticeably bigger and do you sacrifice anything for the lounge area?

Thanks heaps!

Having not gone on holiday last year as I was hoping to do a 60 day business class trip to Oz and NZ (It was going to be my 60th birthday treat) Feb - April this year but had to be cancelled as I had bypass surgery. I would splash out on a suite but I need to be mindful of my friend who has to pay for herself (I am not rich :D)

Sorry to give so much info but wanted to say I wanted it to be 'nice' but not too expensive. :D It will be my first holiday in 2 years and boy I have had a vile 2017 so far!

There are 2 televisions in the cabin.

There is a proper area for hanging your clothes and private changing area.

You also get a bottle of champagne and nice box of chocolates in your cabin.

They have big balconies but half of the balcony is unshaded and people from above can look down on that part of your balcony.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

They have big balconies but half of the balcony is unshaded and people from above can look down on that part of your balcony.

They also have a bath.

Thanks for this I don't mind people looking down as long as they don't drop things = I have nothing worth seeing!! :*

Thanks for this I don't mind people looking down as long as they don't drop things = I have nothing worth seeing!! :*

They are excellent value for money.

We have been on Venturas 4 night new years cruise 2015 and 2016 in these cabins and loved it.

The sizes are roughly Standard Balcony cabin 150 sq ft cabin plus 70 sq ft balcony whereas Deluxe Balcony 200 sq ft cabin plus 130 sq ft balcony as an estimate from official figures.

Things are generally bigger like TV etc. and a few preferential services I believe.

Regards John

The sizes are roughly Standard Balcony cabin 150 sq ft cabin plus 70 sq ft balcony whereas Deluxe Balcony 200 sq ft cabin plus 130 sq ft balcony as an estimate from official figures.

Things are generally bigger like TV etc. and a few preferential services I believe.

Regards John

I am convinced!! :D

Hi Catherine Janaway,

Hope that all goes well tomorrow for you.

We are booked in one of these cabins for the first time and sail in 3 weeks time. There are lots of great videos on Youtube which will give you an idea of what they are like.

:)

Catherine be aware the D deck balconies are totally uncovered, which means you only get shade as the sun is moving away from your side of the ship.

We will probably have to go for the Nov/Dec cruise due to the relapse so even though it is the Canaries I doubt it will be too hot (famous last words)

Thanks everyone for the best wishes, I hope the GP has some idea what has caused this problem and I can forget this week altogether!! :D

We will probably have to go for the Nov/Dec cruise due to the relapse so even though it is the Canaries I doubt it will be too hot (famous last words)

Thanks everyone for the best wishes, I hope the GP has some idea what has caused this problem and I can forget this week altogether!! :D

Best time to be in the Canaries.

If it helps, we went in August and it was terrible weather --- the locals told us that it was better in the late months like November and December ;-)

Hope you look back on this relapse and see that it has happened for a reason and that the cruise you get is PERFECT ;-)

x

If it helps, we went in August and it was terrible weather --- the locals told us that it was better in the late months like November and December ;-)

Hope you look back on this relapse and see that it has happened for a reason and that the cruise you get is PERFECT ;-)

x

I do hope you are right - my friend and I decided months ago that a cruise was the best option for my first holiday (I had been banned from flying until last week) so we are are both super excited. :D

We have been to the Mediterranean twice on the sister ship Azura and both times on D deck. We didn't mind being overlooked and although C deck has the larger balconies we prefer the slightly larger cabins on D deck. I hope you are getting better and enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to the Mediterranean twice on the sister ship Azura and both times on D deck. We didn't mind being overlooked and although C deck has the larger balconies we prefer the slightly larger cabins on D deck. I hope you are getting better and enjoy the cruise!

Thank you.

I have been back to the doctors today and have more pain killers. He didn't think it was serious phew!!

My friend is coming to stay over the weekend and we will decided whether to go on the Oct/Nov cruise or the Nov/Dec one.

I think you will find the larger balconies on C Deck are larger than the standard balcony size but not larger than those on D Deck or indeed the few on E Deck. A lot of people opt for the "larger C Deck" balconies because they are the biggest available with a regular standard balcony cabin i.e. not on the stern which is different on all stateroom types

Regards John

I think you will find the larger balconies on C Deck are larger than the standard balcony size but not larger than those on D Deck or indeed the few on E Deck. A lot of people opt for the "larger C Deck" balconies because they are the biggest available with a regular standard balcony cabin i.e. not on the stern which is different on all stateroom types

Regards John

We looked at both the larger C deck and D deck cabins and went for the D deck as we look down on to the sea, not someone on a balcony :-)

Regards John

The C deck balconies are the biggest as they are half under cover an half out. They are about 3 meters deep.

They are double the size of the D deck ones. Although the D deck cabins are larger as they are the equivalent of a mini suite. As they are on Princess ships.

The C deck balconies are the biggest as they are half under cover an half out. They are about 3 meters deep.

They are double the size of the D deck ones. Although the D deck cabins are larger as they are the equivalent of a mini suite. As they are on Princess ships.

I have checked the sizes and it would seem that C Deck are 9'x9'whereas standard balcony is 9'x5' approximately half the depth. However the mini-suites on D and E Deck balconies are 9'x7' so larger than standard balcony size but not quite as big as C Deck. The C Deck balconies are about double size of standard but not double the size of D Deck as these protrude out to the side of the ship. E deck are same size as D Deck but are fully covered above again 9'x7'..

Regards John