No classical recitals any more?

Doughty3

On our last cruise 2 years ago we enjoyed listening to an excellent young pianist on Oceana on sea days.

We've heard that performances by classical instrumentalists/singers have been dropped.

Has anyone any up to date information please?

On our last cruise 2 years ago we enjoyed listening to an excellent young pianist on Oceana on sea days.

We've heard that performances by classical instrumentalists/singers have been dropped.

Has anyone any up to date information please?

That tend to be on longer cruises with plenty sea days. They have not been dropped .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've just returned from a 12 night Fjords cruises with only two sea days plus a day cruising down the Fjords. We had a classical pianist on board, Matthew McCrombie who did five recitals. He was excellent. As Dai says I think longer cruises especially those with more sea days still have classical musicians. It may be itinerary dependent too - don't think we've seen them on Caribbean fly cruises though have on cruises involving Transatlantic crossings.

I have not heard a classical musician on a P&O ship for several years. I have however, tended to restrict my sailings with P&O to winter cruises in the Caribbean. Perhaps they have only discontinued them for this type of cruise, like they have discontinued the resident steel band.

We have not had any classical music on cruises over the last couple of years but may just have been unlucky with the cruises we have selected.

Over the years we have heard some wonderful musicians, there is nothing nicer than sitting in a lounge with a sea view listening to beautiful music.