Kid jumps from Princess deck railing into pool

jeffdal

Everyone of those people in the pool should have called security immediately and had that kid taken into custody and his whole family should have been put off at the next port and banned from cruising ever again. He endangered himself as well as those already in the pool.

Everyone of those people in the pool should have called security immediately and had that kid taken into custody and his whole family should have been put off at the next port and banned from cruising ever again. He endangered himself as well as those already in the pool.

I agree. Hopefully someone reported it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parents are responsible for their children's behavior. With that said, If something would have happened you know that the cruise line would be held responsible for having the pool open and no attendants around monitoring the area. There were other passengers in the pool so clearly there needed to be supervision by Princess staff if only for the protection of the cruise line. A few years ago my company was sued by a women who walked into the glass window that was positioned between two sets of double doors. She was texting and walked passed the door and into the glass and broke her nose. The case went to court and see won based on the fact that the store didn't have a decal or warning sign on the glass. I don't know how a decal on the window would have helped if she missed the obvious exit signs on the two doors. This is our legal system.

It looks like the Star. It's after 10:30pm. As others have said, where are the parents? This could have ended very badly; I wonder what the parents thought when they saw this video. I hope it wasn't the usual, "They were just having fun".

I sent an email to Princess media relations (only emal address I could find to report this). I included a screen shot of the YouTube page with the kids name (if it is his real name??).

I also included a link to the video and noted that it showed the cabin as C624. He just posted the video yesterday so they may still be on the ship. Hopefully they can find these kids and reprimand them appropriately.

Edit: looks like he posted a video a week ago about his Alaska cruise so they are most likely no longer on the ship. Still would be smart for Princess to follow up with the family.

Edited by thrifty99

On Grand a few weeks ago while watching a MUTS showing there were seven or eight boys jumping from the edge of the hot tubs into the pool. Ship staff members walked right by and did not say a word. I was about to get up and contact security when an adult approached the boys and gave them a scolding. The boys stopped and soon left the area. Those same boys were seen all over the ship over the course of the cruise, mostly causing trouble such as throwing things, running through public areas, and just being disruptive. Never once saw any parents with them. Of the 500+ children on the ship, this group were the only ones that caused any problems.

Unfortunately for the rest of the passengers, it's true of most parents on a ship.

I am often asleep when my 19 year old is still up and about on the ship. My 13 year old has free run and usually puts himself to be before 10, but he has stayed out later.

Just because I am in my room, and they have a room across the hall, does not mean that as a parent I have done anything wrong. I know my kids. They have rules and structure and follow them. Neither of my boys is so stupid as to pull some kind of stunt like this and I assure you had they seen it, they would have reported it.

The issue here is not addressed by a blanket statement about where the parents are. Did your parents watch you all day everyday when you were 14 or 15 - which is about the age I am guessing these kids are?

These kids (both of them) were 100% in the wrong. They are old enough to know better. Should they and their parents be put off the ship? Absolutely. Banned from Princess forever? Perhaps, depending on ship policy.

But the issue is NOT where parents are given the age kid of this kid- it is much broader in terms of the general parenting. Did the parents know that this kid was running a blog? Had they ever observed him being a daredevil before? What kinds of rules did they have in place for the trip? How was the child raised in generally with rules and consequences?

Despite your best efforts at rules and structures as a parent, kids do make independent decisions, and sometimes they are bad. Shoot, even adults from 18 -100 will have more than one or two and get behind the wheel of a car; never been in trouble before yet now we can add DUI to their record. Does that make their parents bad? Before you can pass judgment on the parents choice, you need to know the answer to such questions, and we never will.

I am often asleep when my 19 year old is still up and about on the ship. My 13 year old has free run and usually puts himself to be before 10, but he has stayed out later.

Just because I am in my room, and they have a room across the hall, does not mean that as a parent I have done anything wrong. I know my kids. They have rules and structure and follow them. Neither of my boys is so stupid as to pull some kind of stunt like this and I assure you had they seen it, they would have reported it.

The issue here is not addressed by a blanket statement about where the parents are. Did your parents watch you all day everyday when you were 14 or 15 - which is about the age I am guessing these kids are?

These kids (both of them) were 100% in the wrong. They are old enough to know better. Should they and their parents be put off the ship? Absolutely. Banned from Princess forever? Perhaps, depending on ship policy.

But the issue is NOT where parents are given the age kid of this kid- it is much broader in terms of the general parenting. Did the parents know that this kid was running a blog? Had they ever observed him being a daredevil before? What kinds of rules did they have in place for the trip? How was the child raised in generally with rules and consequences?

Despite your best efforts at rules and structures as a parent, kids do make independent decisions, and sometimes they are bad. Shoot, even adults from 18 -100 will have more than one or two and get behind the wheel of a car; never been in trouble before yet now we can add DUI to their record. Does that make their parents bad? Before you can pass judgment on the parents choice, you need to know the answer to such questions, and we never will.

Those are your kids. A lot of parents just don't care one way or the other and

although Princess is no where's as bad as the other cruise lines the few that can cause problems can be very annoying.

We just tend to stay away from short cruises & minimize the kids for the most part.

This just makes me shake my head in frustration. It's not the parents. It's not even the staff if you watch the video they say they're waiting for coast to clear. It's that these kids want some fame on you tube. And they think they're invincible (news flash kiddos you're not).

I'm planning on taking my nieces for graduation from high school/ bat mitvah trip in a couple years. Likely a cruise as easier to feed the picky one. They will be told if they do anything to get them or me kicked off the ship they will pay me back. And they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Grand a few weeks ago while watching a MUTS showing there were seven or eight boys jumping from the edge of the hot tubs into the pool. Ship staff members walked right by and did not say a word.

This is the problem with Princess.....I have never seen their staff enforce any of their rules anywhere.....it is usually passenger against passenger which often leads to unnecessary confrontations that could possibly be prevented if staff would monitor pools, theaters, health club etc.....:(

Wow--did it ever hit a nerve in you!

The poster didn't even imply that ALL parents are derelict, just the ones of these two idiots in the video. You are completely right that there are plenty--even most--parents who are conscientious, who have brought up their children to respect and pay attention to not only rules but also the presence of people around them.

Yes, Princess should follow this up and eventually ban them from cruising again. But when someone says, "Where are the parents?", it's a very logical question that implicitly means, "--of these idiots?", not parents in general. No need to flame the person asking this.

Things to Note:

• The boys left their room saying "Shhh"...They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • When they got to the pool, they noted the presence of staff members and said they needed to wait until those staff members were gone. They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • They filmed the sign stating "no diving". They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • Parents who raise kids who know what they are doing is wrong and do it anyway...should have to pay SEVERE consequences.
  • If this stunt had produced injury in those boys....the ship would have diverted to get them to medical care...disrupting the cruises (perhaps life-time dream vacations) of 3000+ passengers who DIDN"T do something stupid that night. I would assume these parents or boys would NOT be apologizing to or compensating those 3000+ people....ya think??? :rolleyes:
  • If this stunt had resulted in injury to one of the INNOCENT ppl in the pool below, they could have had broken necks and all that entails...or very serious life-long injuries. I'll just go out on a limb here and say I assume these parents would NOT have the finances to fund medical care in cases like that, so the financial 'hit' would have been to PCL....not the guilty boys or their equally guilty parents.
  • If a lawsuit had been the final result of this stunt to either boys or swimmers below, PCL would have to 'pay'...and guess who would inevitably have that 'hit' passed on to them.... YOU & I !!! :mad:
  • Because this was posted on these boys' vlog, it tells us they were/are expecting high-fives...kudoes....100,000 views ....on their site. That of course, means "copy-cat' stunts...and stunts that will 'top' this one. (Yep...there's a lot of stupidity out there....) GET READY FOLKS....THERE'S GOING TO BE MORE OF THIS!!!! :eek:
  • It should also be noted that logistically, there was really no way a staffer could have stopped this. These boys were 'sneaky'. Their GOAL was to NOT BE NOTICED....By the time a staff member would have noticed, they would already be splashing in the water. Yeah...a staff member could step in AFTER THE FACT, but probably not before unless they had someone 'stationed' every 10 feet around the pool....around the clock. Honestly, that's just not 'possible'.... The person to stop this is PARENTS... which brings us to.....
  • The time to parent is when the little tikes are 2....and 3.....and 5....and 7. Those who wait until the precious darlings are 14 are destined to a life of injury...hospitals...lawsuits...internet flaming....and hopefully inability to ever take a cruise... Just the facts...
  • Lastly....every time we here on CC share this video...or watch it...we are increasing their 'views'. That is what they want. That is what fueled this in the first place. Yeah...we want to watch it. I watched it.... (would kinda like to have those 2 min. back in my life ugh!!!) but keep in mind....watching and sharing is patting them on the back...just another fact....

Edited by rgmacm