Late dinner

Rockytcb

im on Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans. We have been assigned to late dinner however my toddlers go to sleep at 8:00. I've had no luck getting Carnival to switch my meal time. What can I do? Please help?!? I don't want buffet for dinner!

Soon after you embark, go to the MDR and ask the maitre d' for early or your time. A tip could help . . . Also, if final payment hasn't past, go ahead and get waitlisted for your desired dining now; a slot may open after final payment or on the morning of embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

im on Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans. We have been assigned to late dinner however my toddlers go to sleep at 8:00. I've had no luck getting Carnival to switch my meal time. What can I do? Please help?!? I don't want buffet for dinner!

This is the Maitre'D's email: TIMAITRED@carnival.com

Email them ( put your booking # in the subject line) & also stop by the dining room when you board. They usually post "dining room inquiry times" in your Fun Times. Bring a cranky toddler with you. Couldn't hurt LOL!

We always email the Maitre'd and ask for table size, etc. but we know we are booked of 2nd seating.

I suggest you email the Maitre'd and ask to be moved the 1st seating. Explain your situation and ask if he can move you. But don't do this right now unless you are sailing next week. They make up the seating arrangement the week before each sailing so if you're sailing in a month or so that is too soon. When you email him ask if to let you know if he has moved you.

If we are sailing, on say, Sunday, I emailed the next day, Monday before we sail.

His email should be trmaitred@carnival.com. Email addresses are usually the 1st two letters of the ship's name so I am unassuming it starts with tr but also tr ti if you don't get it there, try other given here.

If all else fails, there's always the buffet which we hate for dinner!

Soon after you embark, go to the MDR and ask the maitre d' for early or your time. A tip could help . . . Also, if final payment hasn't past, go ahead and get waitlisted for your desired dining now; a slot may open after final payment or on the morning of embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see no reason to tip the MD for doing his basic job. Putting seats in chairs is the first part of his job towards you. If, at the end of the cruise, you are happy with how he did his overall job then tip him then.

OP, there will be a long line on the first day asking for changes. Just take your place in line and make your request. Your request is valid and easy so I don't see it being a problem and since others have said that you can contact him in advance I would start there.

If you requested early but was assigned late dining, you might still get one. If not, talk with the Maitre D' as earlier suggested.

Everything the others said is true. I would have to ask, though, why were you "assigned" a dining time. We have always chosen ours. Go into your cruise manager and select the dining time that you wish to have. If it is waitlisted, it is better to go ahead and get on the waitlist rather than only waiting until you board to speak with the Maitre d'.

Anytime dining might work. Also will the toddler really sit through 1 1/2 to 2 hour dinner? Worth a try but you might want a back up plan.

Also there is a Carnival Board with lots of specific Carnival info and a Family cruising one. Enjoy.