HELP!! Last minute booking question

weswinfree

Last night I checked and NCL had numerous rooms left for the Escape this Saturday (not just guarantees but actual rooms). Because of work issues, we had to wait until today to book. This morning I looked and it shows that there are rooms available but when you click on the room it changes to sold out. Not sure why. If there were rooms left last late night, not sure why there are not any left today. I called and they said they sometimes pull the inventory off to start assigning the guarantee rooms and then they will put the inventory back up.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone seen this before and do they typically put the inventory back up?

2. When they put it back up, do they still offer the free at sea promotions?

3. Does anyone know of a travel agent who may have a block reserved on this cruise that we might be able to contact?

Thanks!

"Because of work issues, we had to wait until today to book."

Sorry; I can't answer. You don't give enough information about yourself,

and, for ? #3,TA info is discouraged here.

However, it looks like( for your first post) you have the perfect storm.

What was your response from NCL?

I'd just wait for another day/cruise.

Edited by $hip$hape

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Board rules don't allow recommendations of travel agents.

I wouldn't wait but instead I would call NCL directly since it is so close. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Ohh... I didn't realize that was aboard rule about travel agents. Sorry!! I wouldn't have asked.

Thanks!

Just go use an online TA of national recognition. I just mocked booked a cabin on the Escape for this weekend.

How far through the booking process did it let you go? I can click on the trip but when it takes you to the screen where you select a room it says everything is sold out.

Either check again later today, or call them direct and say you want to book.

Yes, it makes sense they pulled everything so they can start moving rooms around. Also possible they ran into an issue onboard and have to block a bunch of rooms for this cruise. Or somewhere in between.

I would put money on room changes going on. GTY and UPGRADE BIDS.

(if you do not know about upgrades... scroll down the page. There are a few active threads that will explain that)

GOOD NEWS: Based on this thread, the folks onboard right now seem to be having a good time and have not mentioned any issues onboard.

As to offering various promos - guess it depends on how many they have left and how many they think they can sell this week. They work hard to FILL the ship.

Why didn't you just book over the phone when you called?

They said that it is showing on their end that everything was sold out too. One agent then called over to inventory (which is the department that works on assigning actual rooms when you book under a guarantee or bid for an upgrade) and they said they anticipate having some inventory left. They all said it could be posted as early as late this afternoon. But I did see if there was a back door way they could get me booked now and they said no.

The agents have been really helpful but I am pretty uneasy and will be until we get booked and get a confirmation email. ;p

They said that it is showing on their end that everything was sold out too. One agent then called over to inventory (which is the department that works on assigning actual rooms when you book under a guarantee or bid for an upgrade) and they said they anticipate having some inventory left. They all said it could be posted as early as late this afternoon. But I did see if there was a back door way they could get me booked now and they said no.

The agents have been really helpful but I am pretty uneasy and will be until we get booked and get a confirmation email. ;p

Ahhh! It's funny I did a quick search and NCL doesn't show anything but some of the other travel sites do - can't name names on here. :)

Ahhh! It's funny I did a quick search and NCL doesn't show anything but some of the other travel sites do - can't name names on here. :)

Thanks for looking! I'll keep checking around. Haven't found any travel agents who still have it available.

Thanks for looking! I'll keep checking around. Haven't found any travel agents who still have it available.

Have you ever heard of wikiPEDIA......try the website with the rhyming name! :)

OR

You can also Google that travel website famous for their GARDEN GNOME.

Ask the gnome the VELOCITY that he TRAVELS at...... wink, wink.

OR

Have you ever wanted to fly to low earth ORBIT? Try the website with the rhyming name as well.

Don't you ever forget that Google Is Your Friend.

Edited by cruiser&flyer

Some of those sites may show available, but when you get to the final page it will error out. Knowing that NCL has removed inventory, I would be a bit nervous about booking with somebody else right now.

Some of those sites may show available, but when you get to the final page it will error out. Knowing that NCL has removed inventory, I would be a bit nervous about booking with somebody else right now.

They do something similar with airfare at times. You click at say a $150 fare and it then says something like "ooops...the fare has gone up since you started, it's now $195. Click here to continue at the new fare"

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Here is the deal.... I finally got a hold of someone who could give me some answers. Yes, there were still several rooms left but they said that they had so many family bookings (where there were 3 or 4 people in a room) that they did not have the life boats to accommodate all the people. Understandable due to the time of year. So they are going to be sailing with empty rooms.

While I wish we were able to get on the cruise, it is nice to finally have an answer. I completely understand their reasoning.

Thanks again everyone!

Life boat capacity is the ultimate decider of inventory - if there's no more life boat space, then the cabin has to sail empty.

Here is the deal.... I finally got a hold of someone who could give me some answers. Yes, there were still several rooms left but they said that they had so many family bookings (where there were 3 or 4 people in a room) that they did not have the life boats to accommodate all the people. Understandable due to the time of year. So they are going to be sailing with empty rooms.

While I wish we were able to get on the cruise, it is nice to finally have an answer. I completely understand their reasoning.

Thanks again everyone!

Either check again later today, or call them direct and say you want to book.

Yes, it makes sense they pulled everything so they can start moving rooms around. Also possible they ran into an issue onboard and have to block a bunch of rooms for this cruise. Or somewhere in between.

I would put money on room changes going on. GTY and UPGRADE BIDS.

(if you do not know about upgrades... scroll down the page. There are a few active threads that will explain that)

GOOD NEWS: Based on this thread, the folks onboard right now seem to be having a good time and have not mentioned any issues onboard.

As to offering various promos - guess it depends on how many they have left and how many they think they can sell this week. They work hard to FILL the ship.

I can confirm, I too had to wait to book last minute on this sailing. I had my TA put a hold on an inside cabin guarantee on Sunday but couldn't pay for it until Tuesday. I did however receive a upgrade bid email today so I think you're right

Thanks again everyone!

I'd be happy to upgrade to the grand suite and share mine and my sons booking with you provided you pay the difference and maybe buy me a drink or two 😁

Thanks again everyone!

Don't give up yet.

After upgrade bids are done , a few cabins can open after reassignment happen's.