First time cruiser question about entertainment on Royal Caribbean

harjul

I'm doing prep work before I book my first cruise. How do you find the entertainment schedule for a cruise ship? For example: I would like to see shows or movies at night and don't want to miss out because I scheduled myself to dine at the same time.

I'm doing prep work before I book my first cruise. How do you find the entertainment schedule for a cruise ship? For example: I would like to see shows or movies at night and don't want to miss out because I scheduled myself to dine at the same time.

Depends on the ship.

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, entertainment will be listed in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

For other ships, the cruise line does not publish show schedules in advance. Your best bet is to visit the dedicated Royal Caribbean form linked below, and search for a recent Cruise Compass (daily schedule) that has been scanned and posted by another CC member. Posting your ship and itinerary will help us locate a Compass.

RC forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Thank You Bob! The ship is Vision Of The Seas and departs from Galveston in Nov. 2017.

You're out of luck on that one for a while. Vision does not get to Galveston until Nov 2017, so you won't have any reports until then.

....I would like to see shows or movies at night and don't want to miss out because I scheduled myself to dine at the same time.

The times for the movies and shows will be listed in your daily Cruise Compass printed newsletter. In general, there are usually two entertainment shows in the evening that coincide with your dining time. There is an early show for people who go to late dinner, and a later show for those early diners to see after their dinner. IF you have elected to do My Time Dining (or choose to dine in the Windjammer buffet or a specialty restaurant any of the evenings) you can plan your evening by reading the Compass.

Don't worry - it's not as difficult as it seems. The shows are scheduled around the dinner times. Movies and times are listed in the Compass.

On Vision, early seating goes AFTER dinner to the shows, and late seating goes BEFORE dinner...very easy! If you do MTD, simply decide if you want the early or later show, and dine accordingly!

There may be a "late night " adult show that is AFTER all meal service is finished.

On Vision, early seating goes AFTER dinner to the shows, and late seating goes BEFORE dinner...very easy! If you do MTD, simply decide if you want the early or later show, and dine accordingly!

There may be a "late night " adult show that is AFTER all meal service is finished.

That is very much not true.

We have been on multiple sailings that it's that way one night, and then a different night there's just a single show, and then on another night- the shows are after dinner, regardless of your dinner time.

It very much depends on the ship and sailing.

Movies on the pool deck are pretty much always after dinner.

Why are you ALWAYS wrong.

Only problem is that if you cruise the same ship again (back to back Cruises) or even after 1 year, the shows will be exactly the same! Only some guest performances will differ

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

FWIW, the production shows never change. Ever. So it goes on for far more than a year. The cast changes often, though.

The Broadway shows change every dry dock (assuming the current trend goes continues).

I wonder why people do back to back Cruises to see the exact same shows

Sometimes you cruise for the itinerary and the shows are secondary. Also, on a typical 7-day cruise, 2 or 3 of the shows will be different.

I wonder why people do back to back Cruises to see the exact same shows

A lot of times, the cost of flying is so high, people do two cruises.

There are a lot of reasons to do B2B, and repeating shows as a negative isn't a big deal.

You mean 2-3 guest performances will be different. But the 4 main in house Production shows will be the same

Most ships have more than 2 production shows- so it's possible that they are constantly being rotated- so you could see 3 or 4 in a B2B situation.

But once you've seen them, that's it.

We've sailed on the Adventure so many times, I think we've memorized some of the shows. It's still fun.

A lot of times, the cost of flying is so high, people do two cruises.

There are a lot of reasons to do B2B, and repeating shows as a negative isn't a big deal.

Most ships have more than 2 production shows- so it's possible that they are constantly being rotated- so you could see 3 or 4 in a B2B situation.

But once you've seen them, that's it.

We've sailed on the Adventure so many times, I think we've memorized some of the shows. It's still fun.

What are the reasons please? I don't believe that flying is more expensive than Cruises

You mean 2-3 guest performances will be different. But the 4 main in house Production shows will be the same

Correct, a typical 7-day cruise will have 2 - 3 headliners which change almost every cruise. Sometimes one act will span consecutive cruises. For example, it's not uncommon for a comedian to do a show towards the end of one cruise and on the first night of the next cruise.

What are the reasons please? I don't believe that flying is more expensive than Cruises

Depends on where you are flying from, and what cruise you are taking.

Nobody is forcing you to take a B2B cruise, so why is it so important to understand why others do?

We very much enjoy taking B2B cruises.

Depends on where you are flying from, and what cruise you are taking.

Nobody is forcing you to take a B2B cruise, so why is it so important to understand why others do?

We very much enjoy taking B2B cruises.

I was wondering whether to do a 2nd week on MSC Splendida. B2B, since 7 days may not be enough to fully experience all the facilities, entertainment and activities on such a large ship. But, on this forum, I read that all the main in house Production shows will be the same and even some guest performances will be the same

I was wondering whether to do a 2nd week on MSC Splendida. B2B, since 7 days may not be enough to fully experience all the facilities, entertainment and activities on such a large ship. But, on this forum, I read that all the main in house Production shows will be the same and even some guest performances will be the same

Not having sailed on any MSC ship, I suggest you ask in their forum.