Free points of interest in the Dockyard area?

Something fun!

Hi, I found this schedule of Dockyard events online with some free and some with a fee:

http://dockyardbermuda.com/2017-dockyard-weekly-events/

You can also watch glass blowing at the Dockyard Glassworks & Rum Cake Co, which is free. I cannot speak to whether or not the for fee items are worthwhile since I haven't been to any yet. I'll be there 8/9 - 8/11 and hope to visit the National Museum of Bermuda at the Dockyard this trip.

We did the Museum last year. It was interesting. My husband really liked it, I got a little bored. But you can watch the dolphins at dolphin quest and the view of the ships is amazing up on the hill. It's not something I would do again but it wasn't very expensive and I'm glad we did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found the museum to be really interesting and loved watching the dolphins. I have now visited the museum 4 times and will keep going back. I love walking around and taking in the views. And the commissioners house has lots of interesting stuff in it.

Laura

I found the museum to be really interesting and loved watching the dolphins. I have now visited the museum 4 times and will keep going back. I love walking around and taking in the views. And the commissioners house has lots of interesting stuff in it.

Laura

I agree with everyone about the museum being interesting etc. but I must point out that the other person asked about points of interest that are free of charge. It should be noted there is an admission charge for the museum but that it is worth it as you and others have explained.

Would Fort St. Catherine's in St. George be worth visiting after going to the National Museum property or would it kind of be more of the same?

Sry for the off track question, but would be curious if you have been to both?

St. George's is a World Heritage Site. Fort St. Catherine is part of that. On a whole other level than the National Museum. The National Museum and the whole Dockyard area are the lowest priority to me when I go to Bermuda. On the last day if I have few hours before the ship leaves and I need to kill time I do stuff at the Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515

I am planning to do as Charles suggests, spend a few hours of my last day in Dockyard before 2:30 all aboard, as well as spend one of my full days in port Ferrying over to St Geroge's to spend a day seeing the sights!

Sent from my iPad using Forums