Transfer from Fort Lauderdale by Celebrity Cruises

txd

Looking for a feedback from anyone who took a transfer from Fort Lauderdale Port to MIA provided by Celebrity Cruises. According to the description, transfer includes a tour of Miami with drop off at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

TD

Looking for a feedback from anyone who took a transfer from Fort Lauderdale Port to MIA provided by Celebrity Cruises. According to the description, transfer includes a tour of Miami with drop off at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

TD

My advice is if you are flying one of the airlines included in luggage valet, use that service and do your own transport to the airport. It will be less hassle, less crowded, less money and you will have your luggage taken from your room the last night of the cruise and see it again at your home airport. You will get your boarding pass delivered to you, so once at the airport you can go directly to security. You can use your OBC (if you have any) to pay for the service. You can leave the ship leisurely and do what you want until you need to go to the airport.

Thanks in advance.

TD

We have done a similar tour drop off and enjoyed. Very simple. Your coach has your luggage stored and if you have a beach or mall stop it is safe with the driver. You are usually dropped at the airport at about 3pm. It is ideal if you are not flying out until early evening and don't want to spend hours at the airport.

Alternatively you could look at hiring a car for the day from Fort Lauderdale, doing your own drive around and dropping that off at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

TD

Unless you really want to have the transfer with a tour, it is more convenient to take an Uber. You don't have to wait for other passengers to get moving.

If you want to get to the airport without a tour, Celebrity also offers that option.

Really depends on when your flight will be.

If it will be in late afternoon, taking a transfer with a tour is better than sitting in the airport for hours.

Taxi from Port everglades to MIA will run about $75-80+tip. UberX will be closer to $40. The drive takes about an hour. If you have a lot of time to kill you can pay to store your bags at MIA (most airlines will not let you check them until 3-4 hours before departure) and use the Airport Flyer bus to get to/from South Beach for about $3 per person each way. Good luck! :cool:

We are using the ship's transfer from FLL to MIA in November -- it is $30pp. (no tour) I considered Uber but I've read that they are not allowed into the port so you have to take your luggage with you and go out. Also people had problems finding their Uber driver, especially with many ships in port at the same time. It doesn't sound like people on this thread have had those problems though -- can one or more please comment about their experience. Thanks

We are using the ship's transfer from FLL to MIA in November -- it is $30pp. (no tour) I considered Uber but I've read that they are not allowed into the port so you have to take your luggage with you and go out. Also people had problems finding their Uber driver, especially with many ships in port at the same time. It doesn't sound like people on this thread have had those problems though -- can one or more please comment about their experience. Thanks

Unless things have changed in the past few months, there is not a problem for Uber going into the Ports or even picking up within the ports. We last used Uber this past November from our Embassy Suites Hotel in FLL to the Port of Miami... Total cost was $33...and our friendly driver had no problem taking us right to the pier.

At one time there were some issues with Uber operations in both Dade (Miami) and Broward (Ft Lauderdale) Counties...but we think all these problems were resolved more then a year ago.

Hank

Our fight this November is at 6pm and we are doing the tour of Miami with drop off at MIA so that we can check out the area and not sit in the airport for hours. Looking forward it!

For us it was a no brainer.

This is incorrect. We have used Uber both as pickup and drop-off from both Port of Miami and Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). And finding the driver is also no problem at all. Once you have a driver coming for you just stay in that spot so GPS can locate you and I also text the driver with some additional info like "we are at post 11, Terminal D, my husband has on an orange ball cap and we have a lime suitcase." Never a wait of longer than 5 minutes and half the price of a taxi. We have gone from POM to north Ft. Lauderdale, two people, total cost $32.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is incorrect. We have used Uber both as pickup and drop-off from both Port of Miami and Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). And finding the driver is also no problem at all. Once you have a driver coming for you just stay in that spot so GPS can locate you and I also text the driver with some additional info like "we are at post 11, Terminal D, my husband has on an orange ball cap and we have a lime suitcase." Never a wait of longer than 5 minutes and half the price of a taxi. We have gone from POM to north Ft. Lauderdale, two people, total cost $32.

We have never had an issue finding our Uber driver. Normally, we will give the driver a call (easy to do via the Uber App) when he is getting close to our pier and tell him the exact spot where we are standing.

Hank

I just posted that to address the previous poster who said they'd heard reports of "problems finding their driver." I've never had a problem either. Only way I can see it happening is if you initiated the ride in one spot and then moved.

Our fight this November is at 6pm and we are doing the tour of Miami with drop off at MIA so that we can check out the area and not sit in the airport for hours. Looking forward it!

For us it was a no brainer.

Brain and Ron,

We are on the same TA as you. Per your recommendation earllier, we booked our flight to SF from MIA. Did you book a transfer already, or planning to do it later?

Tanya

Brain and Ron,

We are on the same TA as you. Per your recommendation earllier, we booked our flight to SF from MIA. Did you book a transfer already, or planning to do it later?

Tanya

Hi there Tanya! So glad you found a flight that works for you both! We have gone ahead and booked through Celebrity Shore Excursion area on their site a tour that will give a half day tour of Miami with a drop off at MIA. We did this last year with a tour of Ft. Lauderdale with drop off at FLL and it was exactly what we needed to fill the time and learn a few interesting things about South Florida. We also met some nice people on the bus during the drive and it made the whole thing even nicer!

I hope this helps and so looking forward to meeting you all and the whole CC gang! Crossing off days on the calendar now!

Chat soon!

Brian:D

Thanks in advance.

TD

L

There are several things to be considered here;

#1 is how time do you have to kill between getting off the ship in FLL and taking off from Miami. If it's say 4 hours, then I would go with Uber or Lyft....depending on the time of day and the day of the week, it can take as little as 1 hour to get from ship to plane.....or as much as 2 if it's rush hour. If you have 5+ hours you might take the ship's tour so you don't have to cart your luggage around or if you feel comfortable driving in the area renting a car would give you a place to keep your bags and have the freedom to do what you want....keeping in mind that you will be renting from FLL and returning to MIA so there could be extra fees involved...and you would have the hassle of returning the car and carting your luggage from the return garage to your carrier. If you're not likely to ever get to Miami again, I would go for the bus tour....you can stow your stuff and just look out the window instead of dealing with the traffic!

We did the tour and transfer to FLL from Miami in early July. Our flight out of FLL wasn't until after 4:00 pm and we wanted an easy way to see parts of Miami. The tour company was excellent. Everything was on time and they took care of the luggage from the Miami port to the airport. I was impressed with how they were on top of things and how they stuck to the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Done this many of times with SAS or Jiffy Jeff for 15/pp.

SAS, QLS and most of the other popular FLL based shared shuttles do not service the MIA airport - either for business or licensing reasons. Go Airport is licensed and services MIA from FLL/Port Everglades. At $30 or more per person it is easy to justify using Uber or a taxi and being on your own schedule.

We did it once the other wait 'round - Port of Miami to FLL. It's nice to stash your bags in the bus and enjoy a tour, not worrying about what to do until your flight time. As I recall, our tour left fairly early but yours could be quite different.

SAS, QLS and most of the other popular FLL based shared shuttles do not service the MIA airport - either for business or licensing reasons. Go Airport is licensed and services MIA from FLL/Port Everglades. At $30 or more per person it is easy to justify using Uber or a taxi and being on your own schedule.

SAS can do pickups at Port of Miami with drop offs at FLL. I've done it before and am doing it again this fall. I'm sure you have to have a reservation. In the cases where I've used them, I've organized a bus and filled it with members of the roll call.

Yes they can service POM and are very popular - but they cannot or will not service the MIA airport and MIA airport area hotels. That's what my post said. MIA and POM are about 10+ miles apart. :)