Michael's Club Hours

rubylake

Hi, when we sailed on Silhouette in 2016, MC served drinks most of the day. Does anyone know whether that's still the case or do they now limit the hours when they offer drinks? And do they still offer premium alcohol or just the "house" drinks? Thank you.

The bartender comes on duty during the afternoon. The MC Concierge can tell you the exact hours once you are on board.

Varies from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary. Usually opens in the morning and closes about 12:00 PM. The schedule for the Concierge is normally posted on the desk. Some ships have self service refrigerators and allow you to take water and soda. The bar server will get you almost anything if it is within reason.

The web used to say that the hours were 7:30 am to midnight but I just looked at the suite life FAQ http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf and really doesn't give any specific info.

It specifically mentions pre-dinner complimentary cocktail hours but then goes on to say drinks served all day. We have found the later to be the case. If we go into the lounge and there is no server generally the MCC will ask if we want something and either get it for us or find someone to provide service.

Open Hours: Michael’s Club is available 24 hours per day, but is not staffed the entire time. The lounge cannot be reserved for private groups orfunctions.

Amenities:

This private relaxation area features a wide-screen TV; reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers and books. Premium

continental breakfast, light lunch and self-service snacks will be available throughout the day. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks are provided

between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm daily. Drinks served throughout day until 12 pm

Dont trust the website!

There is no continental breakfast. There hasnt been for a long time. There is no lunch and as far as I know there never was lunch. The website people cut and pasted from old press releases, so that is why they dont make sense and seem to contradict themselves.

It is open 24. It is staffed for part of the afternoon and evening. Sometimes in the morning for coffee, too.

The snacks are not self-service.

Really, just pay no attention to the website deivel.

Open all day in our experience (Equinox,Solstice, Summit, Eclipse). On the odd port day we have popped in at 2pm ish on returning from an excursion and no one has been there but someone would spot us from the outer lounge and whatever we wanted would be provided....This has included some really tasty little nibbles! We will sometimes pop in post breakfast for a coffee on a sea day if cafe el bachio is busy and then tend to just call in for pre and post dinner drinks.

Whatever drink you request (I assume within reason) will be provided. If you ask for something they don't stock it will be there day two!

Re closing time...we never managed it on Equinox, Summit or Eclipse but on the Solstice we were told by our wonderful bar staff 'they closed when we were finished...' This was near to midnight.

On our last cruise on Eclipse in April, we were asked to leave at midnight or shortly before as they were closing and were told they couldn't close until we left.

Did they serve alcohol drinks outside of 5:30-8pm on your sailing? I am confused by what they have on the website in regards to the 5:30-8pm reference. We were able to get drinks after dinner last year. But not sure they're still doing that.

Open all day in our experience (Equinox,Solstice, Summit, Eclipse).

Whatever drink you request (I assume within reason) will be provided. If you ask for something they don't stock it will be there day two!

Unfortunately, this was not my very recent experience on the Summit. I requested a wine that was not in the Michael's wine cooler, but was readily available at other bars and was told I had to choose from what was in the wine cooler. On several occasions passengers asked for drinks and were told they didn't have this or that. The bartender used well liquor to make drinks if we didn't specifically ask for a drink to be made with grey goose.

MC did open in the morning and stayed open until late night. Staff emphasized we had access to coffee/cappuccino service in the am (saw a passenger here and there with a Bloody Mary), then afternoon tea, then before dinner beverages, etc. Alcohol drinks were available whenever MC was open. I was able to stop in to pick up cans of soda and water as needed during the day.

Edited by kathynorth

Did they serve alcohol drinks outside of 5:30-8pm on your sailing? I am confused by what they have on the website in regards to the 5:30-8pm reference. We were able to get drinks after dinner last year. But not sure they're still doing that.

Yes, they have always had that pre-dinner comment which only confuses people. I have been able to get anything I wanted whenever the bar server was on duty. On Equinox twice this year and the bar server goes off duty at 12 midnight. Many people drop in after dinner or the show for a nightcap.

They did drinks outside of the dinner timeframe, at least prior to midnight. As far as drink types, there were a lot of drinks the bartender couldn't make. That may have been the bartender though, rather than Michael's policy/availability. He was definitely not our favorite bartender.

Unfortunately, this was not my very recent experience on the Summit. I requested a wine that was not in the Michael's wine cooler, but was readily available at other bars and was told I had to choose from what was in the wine cooler. On several occasions passengers asked for drinks and were told they didn't have this or that.

Wow, so different from our experience! I would not say we are 'faddy' drinkers but coming from the UK I often request what is not a not too popular beverage (sherry or Campari for example). Never had a problem!

We were on Solstice in April/May. MC was staffed from around 9 am until midnight. We quite often got bottled water from there before going ashore. They did like to be closed up by midnight. It's a long day for staff. We had no issues with getting a drink, though the service was slow at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure a lot depends on the individual bar staff but from our experience on Equinox, Reflection and Connie If it is on the ship it is available to you in MC. They may have to track it down from another bar. If they are alone you may have to wait until the next day but we have always found the staff will bend over backwards to please. They seem to have the idea that the word no is not some thing that should be spoken in MC :cocktail: :cool:

Enjoy Michaels it is one of the reasons we always book suites. :champagne-toast:

We have never had a problem getting our drink of choice on the Relection, Eclipse, or Equinox. I drink a vodka that is usually available only at the Martini Bar, no problem. On our May trip on the Eclipse, I ordered a drink as early as 11 AM and as late as 11 PM. There was food available off and on all day. Loved our evening bartender, Nevil.

Unfortunately, this was not my very recent experience on the Summit. I requested a wine that was not in the Michael's wine cooler, but was readily available at other bars and was told I had to choose from what was in the wine cooler. On several occasions passengers asked for drinks and were told they didn't have this or that. The bartender used well liquor to make drinks if we didn't specifically ask for a drink to be made with grey goose.

MC did open in the morning and stayed open until late night. Staff emphasized we had access to coffee/cappuccino service in the am (saw a passenger here and there with a Bloody Mary), then afternoon tea, then before dinner beverages, etc. Alcohol drinks were available whenever MC was open. I was able to stop in to pick up cans of soda and water as needed during the day.

We had the same experience on Summit 7/16. I was very underwhelmed. I hope that Silhouette will be an improvement!

Very interesting reading all the posts and different replies regarding availability of requested drinks. On my September cruise on the Silhouette the MC staff bent over backwards to accommodate requests. We are wine drinkers, if they didn't have it they found it elsewhere on the ship. On Reflection on the TA in April in MC this was not the case. Very disappointed in what selection of wine we were offered. Different ships, different staff, different experience.

Very interesting reading all the posts and different replies regarding availability of requested drinks. On my September cruise on the Silhouette the MC staff bent over backwards to accommodate requests. We are wine drinkers, if they didn't have it they found it elsewhere on the ship. On Reflection on the TA in April in MC this was not the case. Very disappointed in what selection of wine we were offered. Different ships, different staff, different experience.

I agree with your comment. It seems like a premium venue like MC should be consistent throughout the fleet.

We couldn't get the bartender in MC to even crack a smile,never mind getting me a nicer chard . Strange.

But I'm glad Silhouette has a great MC! Our first time on it will be in November.

I agree with your comment. It seems like a premium venue like MC should be consistent throughout the fleet.

We couldn't get the bartender in MC to even crack a smile,never mind getting me a nicer chard . Strange.

But I'm glad Silhouette has a great MC! Our first time on it will be in November.

We had a great experience in MC in September but staff changes, hopefully you have great staff in November too :D

Staff are not clones. Some are slow, some are quick and edficient, somw are chatty, some are shyer, some are confident, some are more unsure of themselves, some smile a lot, some are more reserved. It is no surprise that different people have different experiences with Michael's Club staff.

Staff are not clones. Some are slow, some are quick and edficient, somw are chatty, some are shyer, some are confident, some are more unsure of themselves, some smile a lot, some are more reserved. It is no surprise that different people have different experiences with Michael's Club staff.

This is true, but I think it's reasonable to expect that Celebrity staff would be provided with training on standards to be maintained across ships. My impression was that the MC bartender from our cruise was clearly inexperienced. Although myself and a couple other posters had a mediocre experience with Michael's Club, it's great to know that the majority of other cruisers have had great experiences.