NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for NCL

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Twice a month - I will try to post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

The template is as follows:

Ship -

Deck -

Stateroom # -

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

The OP has not been here since 2014.

Promised was a compilation of results.

Why does CC continue to let this "sticky" thread exist ?

Edited by $hip$hape
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ship - Gem

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9524 & 9526 (adjoining)

Stateroom Category – BA

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, we heard nothing from the hall or from outside. We were only a few staterooms down from the FWD elevator bank. Foot traffic was not an issue, it was very quiet. Due to the ships design, we never heard any elevator noise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, amazing view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal. 2 chair and a table with room for 2 more standing by the rail.

Was wind a problem? - No. We even dried swimsuits out there and came home with everything we left with. :D

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments- We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the shower, but the toilet stall is tiny! My husband is 6' and just barely fit.

From jordans mom;

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Twice a month - I will try to post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

The OP has not been here since 2014

Who is going start doing the compilation ?

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14746

Stateroom Category – Spa Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Constantly hearing a scraping noise from above. When we tried to isolate the cause, we couldn't. Room seems to be right below the ping pong table.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions but there was an overhang

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal (very small) just enough room for the 2 chairs

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14514

Stateroom Category – H5 Haven Penthouse with Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Door at end of corridor marked Emergency Exit used often and allowed to slam shut, Some engine noise and vibration at certain speeds, no noise from above so generally a quite cabin

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Most Haven cabins have slightly obscured view to the sea below, this is not the case so excellent view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Smallest balcony I have ever come across!

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Occasional bits of soot on the furniture

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Bulkhead (wall) behind bed creaks badly when in rougher seas.

Any other comments? - Generally a lovely cabin with no neighbours bordering on to the sleeping area. Comfortable furniture, great coffee machine and excellent shower.

The template is as follows:

Ship -NCL Breakaway

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13908

Stateroom Category – B1

Starboard or Port Side - aft- dead center of ship

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – was not quiet when entertainment was going on in the evening/early morning hours at Spice H20. The bass could be heard BOOM BOOM BOOMING

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Beautiful, unobstructed views

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? larger balcony for this ship as it could fit 2 loungers, 2 chairs & small table. The majority of the balconies only fit chairs-no loungers

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - noise from Spice H20 when they were entertaining at night

Any other comments? - Wheelchair accessible room

Full review of room: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2349460

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16128

Stateroom Category – Haven Penthouse Courtyard

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Port side Balcony - no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - disabled cabin with rain shower but curtain not glass enclosure. water from shower can get all over the restroom floor.

Any other comments? - great room extra large

Edited by coopieclan
adding information

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8087

Stateroom Category – IB

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Extremely quiet cabin, until the last port day, when they dropped the tenders off the starboard side of the ship at 6 AM.

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? N/A

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No separate water closet, wall opposite the toilet is at a diagonal, making it difficult to sit on without banging your knees if you're on the taller side.

Any other comments? - Cabin was centrally located, close to O'Sheehans, elevators, and the staircase to the atrium. We heard no noise from the common areas, nor from the linen storage closet that around the corner. We felt minimal ship movement until our last day when we entered the Pacific Ocean off the Baja coast.

I'm glad this topic was a sticky, I would never have known about it otherwise. As to the OP, we all get busy and life happens, no big deal. I just used the "Search this thread" tool to look for my cabin, easy peasy.

From jordans mom;

The OP has not been here since 2014

Who is going start doing the compilation ?

I'm glad this topic was a sticky, I would never have known about it otherwise. As to the OP, we all get busy and life happens, no big deal. I just used the "Search this thread" tool to look for my cabin, easy peasy.

Could you please tell me how to "search this thread"? When I am searching it appears to be searching all of cruise critic. TIA!

Could you please tell me how to "search this thread"? When I am searching it appears to be searching all of cruise critic. TIA!

I agree.

It would have been easier peasier, if the OP would have done what was promised.:rolleyes:

At the top of the page, under the list of all the NCL ships and page navigation tool ("Page 8 of 9"), is the "Search this thread" tool. There is a little drop down arrow that brings up the search box.

Not necessarily, you still would have to search the document to find if your cabin was listed.

I agree.

It would have been easier peasier, if the OP would have done what was promised.:rolleyes:

At the top of the page, under the list of all the NCL ships and page navigation tool ("Page 8 of 9"), is the "Search this thread" tool. There is a little drop down arrow that brings up the search

Thank you, I am using it from the app, I think that is why I can't find it. I am going to try from my computer tomorrow.

Ship - Epic

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17029 (H4)

Stateroom Category – Haven 2 Bdrm Family Villa

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – mostly quiet. Occasionally you could hear scraping from the deck above when furniture was moved.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue) - No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal (small)

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none. Near the end of hall so very low traffic and noise concerns.

Any other comments? - 17029 is close to the secure entrance on Deck 17 by the elevator, stairs, and one floor up from the entrance to the Epic Lounge and Haven Restaurant.

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12500

Stateroom Category – Deluxe Owners Suite

Starboard or Port Side- Forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very very quiet. Did feel a vibration when the ship left port.

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue) - No balcony

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none. Near the end of hall so very low traffic and noise concerns.

Any other comments? - The windows fogged up a bit. This was the last cruise before the refurbishment. Hopefully the windows will be replaced. Best concierge and butler (Hanno and Dominic)!!

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8052

Stateroom Category – OK

Quiet Stateroom? Room is directly under Fyzz Lounge. Was quiet in the a.m. but could hear music in the p.m. until appx 11-12

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - n/a

Balcony Size? N/a

Was wind a problem? N/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems

Any other comments? Some might be interested to know: no couch, but a small stool and hard chair.

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10211

Stateroom Category – ?

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Accessible cabin with living room/pull-out sofa, large restroom with bars, large doorways

• 2 weeks later...

I posted some info about my stay in The Pearl's mini-suite 11002 a few days ago. We were on the May 5-15 cruise to Alaska from Vancouver. Someone here suggested I post a link to my info in this thread for anyone interested. I drew a floorplan and added some dimensions plus other info that one might find helpful plus there are some pictures for reference. I personally liked the location - the first passenger cabin behind the bridge. That location is under the salon and some spa treatment rooms so it's extremely quiet. Another plus is it's only a few steps from the forward elevator lobby and only one deck up to the spa and fitness center - it's much quicker using the stairs than taking the elevator. I'd take that cabin again without hesitation - it has a very secluded feeling. Something I didn't mention in the other post is there is a hall right out the cabin door that goes across to the port side hallway - turn right, walk a few steps and you're at the bridge viewing room. For me 11002 is a PRIME cabin.

Here's the link: NCL PEARL MINI-SUITE 11002

Good luck!

Edited by SuperCrewBear

• 3 weeks later...

Here are photos of the cabin my friend and I sailed in recently:

Link to cabin photos

I thought it was a lovely cabin. Some pluses:

- Roomy, with plenty of storage in cupboards and under the beds

- Wonderful bathroom, especially the spa shower with the massaging handheld showerhead

- Close to forward elevators, stairs, and spa area -- plus the pool deck.

Tips:

- The pool area overhangs the balcony, so it can be shady (good for folks like me who are sensitive to the sun)

- There is a bit of noise some mornings when the pool lounge chairs are moved around, but I did not find it bothersome

- for those with the beverage package, the nearest bar is the pool bar. :D

- I could not find an electrical outlet by the bed, so I used a portable USB battery charger to recharge my iPhone overnight while it sat on my night stand and acted as a clock

- 2 European 240-volt outlets, 2 North American 120-volt outlets by the coffee maker / desk

- 1 outlet in the bathroom up by the light fixture -- probably razor only

- the safe is pretty small but should hold a small iPad, Kindle, and all your small documents and valuables

Ship - Escape

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9212

Stateroom Category – B4

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Some creaking and tapping noises

Balcony View - Awning of the waterfront was below us, so you could not look directly down. You could see lifeboats, but they did not obstruct the view.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Would take this cabin again. Great location to get to 6-7-8! Bed was by balcony.

Ship - NCL Escape

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9106

Stateroom Category – H7

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, but crew area in front with some noise if holding a party

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes

Balcony View - Front view obscured by front hull

Balcony Size? Normal with two nice chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - some noise when anchoring

Any other comments? big and spacious, located all the way forward so good walk from elevators, large bathroom with tub, separate shower, water closet, two sinks. separate living room with large tv, couch, chair and table with 4 chairs. Large separate bedroom with proper king sized bed. two closets and lots of drawers and large round porthole overlooking the front deck. Premium linens and lighting. Excellent room.

Ship - NCL Escape

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15700, Quad Cabin

Stateroom Category – Balcony Guarantee

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.

Balcony View - Can look all the way down, no lifeboats to block view.

Balcony Size? Normal with two chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - A little bit of motion when seas were rolling, but nothing major.

Any other comments? Located all the way forward, next to the Bridge / Crew staterooms. We only saw them entering a couple of times. Very quite location, directly under the Hair Salon. Close to the forward elevators and stairs. I would book this area again, due to being one deck below the pool and buffet. Very convenient!

Ship - Norweigan Escape

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12804

Stateroom Category – Mid Ship Mini Suite

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Full view

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Close to the FWD stairs and elevator. Conveniently located between decks 8 and 16. Sleeps 4 with a pull-down berth. Full size shower and double sink. Bed next to the balcony.

image.jpg.695b32ce9eda875fff924d69a2b130f2.jpg

Edited by Nator72

• 2 weeks later...

OOPS sorry need to post this in a different area

I saw a post that Cabin is 16710 is right next to the steps that go up to the haven sun deck.

Was that a problem with humidity in the hallway? And did you hear people using these step at all times of the day or was it quiet?

Thanks

Edited by Mtut

Ship: Breakaway

Deck -15 Forward Port Side

Cabin: 15110

Category - 2 bedroom suite in the Haven

Issues to report - N/A suite was perfect!

2nd bedroom was able to accommodate 2 grown teenagers - My son is 20 years old and 6ft tall - My daughter is 17 years old and 5ft/5 inches tall. Each had sufficient space for their things.

Hope it's okay to post a video that I made of our suite!

https://vimeo.com/174403457

Edited by Chesneygirl