other options beside haven

ann41

We are in a mini suite (2 rooms for me & hubby and my daughter and her boyfriend ). Originally we had a guaranteed balcony, but the priced dropped and we ended up with the mini suite . I was wondering what other options do I have if I call the upsell number ? I can't afford to upsell two rooms in the haven so I was looking for any info on others rooms . Or do I just leave well enough alone ?

14 more days 😍

From what I've heard, they only upsell into the Haven. Three days before the cruise they might(or will?) open up the upsell offers to those booked under a mini suite, but I think it is still just into the Haven. Of course, their offers are probably much higher...

We are in a similar situation as you, except our second room is an inside room. Our mini and inside are steps from each other, and we don't want to give that up. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade into two spa minis or balconies but it seems steep right now for what it is as an upgrade.

You might consider what we are going to do, just get spa passes. That will give you a nice place to escape to and make you feel like you have something a little "extra".

I'm assuming you are looking for one large suite or Haven cabin. I have seen posters saying NCL has combined two cabins into one upsell cabin, but they would not do it for me. I ended up taking a good upsell deal on a large suite anyway and one remaining non-suite sailed empty. At 14 days it is late for upsells to the Haven which usually start about 30 days out. You could always just get one smaller suite for just you and husband.

14 days is not necessarily too late for an Upsell. People have gotten Haven upsells right up to the cruise, it just depends on what is available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We need two rooms . I was just wondering if there were better rooms that upsell would do for the two rooms . I can't afford the haven for two rooms. I'm sure The mini suite will be fine, but boy I would love a bigger balcony or maybe the spa ..

I just need this cruise to hurry up so I stop looking for every little thing . Lol

I'm assuming you are looking for one large suite or Haven cabin. I have seen posters saying NCL has combined two cabins into one upsell cabin, but they would not do it for me. I ended up taking a good upsell deal on a large suite anyway and one remaining non-suite sailed empty. At 14 days it is late for upsells to the Haven which usually start about 30 days out. You could always just get one smaller suite for just you and husband.

Random question, but instead of seeing people say they have combined two cabins into one, have you heard or do you know (or does anyone else know) if it's possible to split one cabin into two? We have four people booked in a mini-suite (past final payment), and are now realizing we probably should have booked two rooms of two each (no small kids). Two mini-suites or two balconies would be fine, I just didn't know if that was even possible or who to go about calling. If not, we will probably just try for an upsell into a 2-bedroom suite/Haven. Thanks! :cool:

We need two rooms . I was just wondering if there were better rooms that upsell would do for the two rooms . I can't afford the haven for two rooms. I'm sure The mini suite will be fine, but boy I would love a bigger balcony or maybe the spa ..

I just need this cruise to hurry up so I stop looking for every little thing . Lol

NCL still shows a pile (seven) of Haven spa suites available on your dates, I would call.

In regards to how many days out is late, I meant that often if you wanted a larger single suite such as OS or DOS they usually go very fast. I'm actually surprised how many suites are still available on this cruise. On my last cruise the two garden villas were sold within two hours of the upsell email going out (30 days out). All OS and DOS were gone by two days.

As far as I know splitting a group of four by getting a second room would have to be a new booking and cancelling the two (guests #3 & #4) from the first room. That way they could get available promos. Alternate would be a two bedroom suite, often cheaper than two separate rooms - especially if done as upsell.

Edited by Boschmann

You *need* two rooms?

Are you thinking that the mini-suite has "two rooms"?

Please check the floor plans to make sure that you understand what you have.

Or do you have two mini-suites?

They have 2 mini suites and wondered there'd be a better solution to give them more space... answer: (hopefully this is correct) spa balcony/mini suites not more spacious and no other type of suite on BA so.... stick with the mini suites and you'll be fine... I understand what it's like to obsess at this point..

Try to relax and enjoy your cruise...

They have 2 mini suites and wondered there'd be a better solution to give them more space... answer: (hopefully this is correct) spa balcony/mini suites not more spacious and no other type of suite on BA so.... stick with the mini suites and you'll be fine... I understand what it's like to obsess at this point..

Try to relax and enjoy your cruise...[/quote

Your absolutely right! And yes I think I'll stay put abd stop stressing about the room !

Edited by ann41