Layout of the Spa on the Pearl

Piperpals

We are going on the Pearl in next week and I am wondering about the layout of the spa area on the Pearl and if it is worth getting a pass for the week. I looked on the deck plans and it looks like it is split into men's and ladies separate areas. Is the whole thing separated or is there a common area for both men and ladies? The deck plans and photos aren't very clear about this.

thanks

We are going on the Pearl in next week and I am wondering about the layout of the spa area on the Pearl and if it is worth getting a pass for the week. I looked on the deck plans and it looks like it is split into men's and ladies separate areas. Is the whole thing separated or is there a common area for both men and ladies? The deck plans and photos aren't very clear about this.

thanks

I haven't been to the spa on the Pearl, but I believe that it is only the changing rooms, the showers and the sauna that are separate for men and ladies - for obvious reasons. Here is a video tour from youtube:

YES! It's worth getting the spa pass! IMHO, the Pearl's spa is the best I have been on in the fleet!!!!!

As TrumpyNor said, the lockers, changing rooms and bathroom/shower areas, as well as the sauna, steam room, small hot tub and cold plunge pool are separated for the sexes, then the common area includes a large thelosotherapy pool, heated tile loungers, and cushioned lounge chairs facing the floor-to-ceiling windows at the front of the ship. (Great place for viewing Glacier Bay, by the way).

Go for it, I don't think you'll regret it! Especially if you buy the passes online prior to boarding and get the discounted price.

I felt is was worth every penny on the pearl. The coed portion thasotherapy pool has a jet that will pound water on your back essentially giving you a deep massage. HEAVEN! And the views are incredible. We saw whales bubble feeding from the spa window and were in complete awe. After cold days in port the spa is a pretty nice place to retreat to.

We did find it often busy for Alaska sailing compared to jade spa which was empty in the med but pearl spa beats jades hands down with the massage jets in coed section which the Jade does not have.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the week spa pass on the Pearl.

I would pack a backpack and head there most mornings.

Good size dry sauna in the ladies area (another great place for viewing while sailing Glacier Bay). Wet sauna and plunge pool and one person hot tub also in the ladies area.

The co-ed area had the heated tile loungers, a shower with either tropical (warm) rain or an icy (cold) rain. The thalassotherapy pool was great with a lounger with bubbles in one end, fountains with hard pressure water for your shoulders, neck and back and also a jetted area to stand in on the other end.

Citrus ice water always available too.

Never had trouble finding a spot in the pool, or a heated tile lounger or the loungers facing the front of the ship.

I showered in the spa showers all week long and loved it. I also used the lotion all week too. I love the smell!

I didn't buy any spa services but my husband and I did the Rasul and it was super amazing.

Great time!

Pearl has a fabulous spa! DH and I relax on the heated tile loungers and just "be". I have osteoarthritis of the spine and the heat just soaks into my bones! "We love relaxing on the padded loungers and looking out over the bow of the ship, especially when arriving/departing port. So worth the money...we will be getting spa passes for our Getaway cruise in January and definitely for our Pearl Alaska cruise in May. You won't regret it.....

Edited by watchdiva

Just of the Pearl myself and I LOVED the spa pass! I won't bother describing the layout, others have done that perfectly. But we spent 2hours each day there totally relaxing, reading, napping....and I showered there most days. The water pressure is light years better than the cabin showers. They also have hair dryers in the women's locker room, so you can fully get yourself ready there if you like!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is purchasing the Spa pass available on NCL.com prior to boarding?

Thank you! Sail date is August 2016...I don't think it's available for purchase yet...still grayed out on myncl....but thank you so much for the info...I will keep my eyes on it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Taking my 11y autistic daughter on the Pearl this September. While she plays at the kids club; this VERY tired mom intense to spend every single minute in the spa!!! Its still to early to buy passes but could anyone give me a ruff estimate on price? Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Taking my 11y autistic daughter on the Pearl this September. While she plays at the kids club; this VERY tired mom intense to spend every single minute in the spa!!! Its still to early to buy passes but could anyone give me a ruff estimate on price? Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have seen the prices to be dependent on the length of the cruise...but the range was $129-$159.

Hubby and I are leaning more towards signing up for the spa pass, but have a few questions I've just not seen answered on the boards, hoping you can all help!

1) We are taking a Panama cruise (December 2016) and hear it will be hot hot hot. Is it still worth signing up for?

2) Do people stand at the windows, in front of the loungers, to look out the windows ... or are people pretty respectful and not do that?

3) What are the hours for the spa? I assume it's not a 24/7 location, but open/close times and is it ever closed during the day (like over lunch)? Is it always open - while in port or at sea?

Looking forward to hearing more :)

Hubby and I are leaning more towards signing up for the spa pass, but have a few questions I've just not seen answered on the boards, hoping you can all help!

1) We are taking a Panama cruise (December 2016) and hear it will be hot hot hot. Is it still worth signing up for?

2) Do people stand at the windows, in front of the loungers, to look out the windows ... or are people pretty respectful and not do that?

3) What are the hours for the spa? I assume it's not a 24/7 location, but open/close times and is it ever closed during the day (like over lunch)? Is it always open - while in port or at sea?

Good questions, I am also doing Panama in 2017 and wondering the same things

The spa on the Pearl is underneath one of the nightclubs. Which is fine during the day, but we liked to enjoy the practically empty spa at night in the hour or two before it closes (I get incredibly seasick super easily and it was the only thing that made me feel better). It wasn't really bad, but expect to hear some bass if you go at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.....we have stayed in the Haven and always get the spa passes. It is adults only, has heated tile loungers which you will not find in the Haven. It's an oasis.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are also doing a Panama Canal cruise in Dec. and these are the exact questions that I have. Hope someone can give us the answers.:)

I can't answer all of your questions.. but I can answer a few!

1 - I was in Alaska, so there wasn't any concern of it being hot for me.

2 - We didn't have any issues with folks doing this, one of the things that is nice is the group is the same everyday.. so you can start to make friends in there & people are respectful because they know they have to see you tomorrow, the next day, and etc.

3 - I think it was open from about 7am - 8 or 9pm I can't remember the exact time, but I know we were in there one night and it was quite dark.

It was a great experience and worth every penny!

I can't answer all of your questions.. but I can answer a few!

1 - I was in Alaska, so there wasn't any concern of it being hot for me.

2 - We didn't have any issues with folks doing this, one of the things that is nice is the group is the same everyday.. so you can start to make friends in there & people are respectful because they know they have to see you tomorrow, the next day, and etc. I wish more people understood this, just in life in general!

3 - I think it was open from about 7am - 8 or 9pm I can't remember the exact time, but I know we were in there one night and it was quite dark.

It was a great experience and worth every penny!

Awesome thank you!