Still not assigned a room yet

ann41

We are on the breakaway may 15th and I keep looking but they have not assigned us our rooms yet 😢 we booked guaranteed balcony and I was just looking to see if my daughter and her boyfriend would be near us or on the same floor , but nothing yet ! Can they wait unti the day we leave to assign them ??

We are on the breakaway may 15th and I keep looking but they have not assigned us our rooms yet 😢 we booked guaranteed balcony and I was just looking to see if my daughter and her boyfriend would be near us or on the same floor , but nothing yet ! Can they wait unti the day we leave to assign them ??

You may not find your cabin assignment until you arrive at the pier. They are typically assigned much earlier than that, but it is not unheard of to get your assignment at the pier.

We sail on the Getaway May 1st and don't have ours yet. I check at LEAST twice a day :)

I just want to ask---what is the difference between a guaranteed inside cabin and booking an inside cabin, because I was given a cabin deck and number when I booked. And I didn't book guaranteed. But I'm guaranteed a cabin because I paid for it, so I don't understand. I am sailing on the Getaway in January, and have never sailed with Norwegian before.

My last NCL cruise, I upgraded to a balcony guarantee cabin.. I was not assigned a cabin until 6 days before our cruise.

I just booked an IB guarantee cabin on the escape. It was cheaper than the regular inside guarantee. Go figure! Im hoping I might get a balcony.

I just want to ask---what is the difference between a guaranteed inside cabin and booking an inside cabin, because I was given a cabin deck and number when I booked. And I didn't book guaranteed. But I'm guaranteed a cabin because I paid for it, so I don't understand. I am sailing on the Getaway in January, and have never sailed with Norwegian before.

You booked a specific cabin and you are guaranteed that cabin. But when booking a GTY cabin you are guaranteed a cabin in what you booked or maybe ever better but you can not pick a specific cabin when you book or change to a different cabin after it's been assigned. So when you book a GTY inside when they assign you a cabin you will get at least an inside but you may also get moved up to an ocean view or better. Same if you book a GTY OV, you will get assigned at least an OV but might get lucky and get a balcony or better. You should never get anything worse then what you book, so you can't book a GTY OV and get an inside. A lot of times booking a GTY is cheaper then being able to pick your own cabin. It might be say $500pp to book a GTY Inside but $750pp to pick your cabin.

On our upcoming Alaskan cruise the price for a GTY mini-suite was the same as being able to choose my own cabin for a mini-suite. As we were so close to final payment and I could see there were a still a bunch of mini-suites available I figured my chances of an upgrade to a better cabin were probably slim. I was able to pick a cabin only a few away from what they consider mid-ship. If the savings had been considerable I might have opted for a GTY cabin and hoped for better, like a suite :)

Edited by jimsig

We have only booked an guarantee one time. My experience was like yours always checking never seeing anything. One day I pulled up my edocs just for grins and the room assignment was on the edcos. It never did show up when I logged into my ncl only on the edocs.

Not saying yours will be but it is always worth a try:)

My cruise is May 22 and I also have a guarantee balcony booked. No cabin assignment yet. I check every day. Seems like a lot of people lately don't get their rooms assigned until the week of the trip. Hope thats not that case for me!

We have only booked an guarantee one time. My experience was like yours always checking never seeing anything. One day I pulled up my edocs just for grins and the room assignment was on the edcos. It never did show up when I logged into my ncl only on the edocs.

Not saying yours will be but it is always worth a try:)

Sailing Getaway May 15th. No balcony assignment yet. Tried the edoc theory and mine weren't available for download so I called NCL to ask about the edocs and apparently guarantees don't get edocs until 30 days. But I'm excited have another place to check continuously starting next week!

Sailing Getaway May 15th. No balcony assignment yet. Tried the edoc theory and mine weren't available for download so I called NCL to ask about the edocs and apparently guarantees don't get edocs until 30 days. But I'm excited have another place to check continuously starting next week!

Thanks for that info about guarantees getting edocs 30 days out. I was wondering why I couldn't see mine!

I will be looking starting next week too ! :D

That's part of the 'fun' of booking guarantee rooms.

If it makes you feel any better, We're sailing April 9 (3 days from now) and we still don't have our room number assigned.

WHAT!? We are sailing that date too, but got ours about 2 weeks ago...

Edited by ilovetotravel1977