Cabo- The Office or the Sand Bar

MaiTaiMary

Tobasco's does indeed charge for loungers. $20.00 is what I've been told. Many local gringos have abandoned it for the Sand Bar. Tobasco's also has a new manager that just doesn't care about customer service. The lounge fee is charged whether or not you buy food.

Any of the restaurants on Medano Beach have swimming. The other more mellow ones besides Sand Bar are Omega Sports Bar and the Office, although I do not believe the Office has loungers. I used to advocate Billygan's, but they have also had a change in management so I'm not sure what the current venue is like. I know they raised their prices when I left in April and it can be an expensive day.:eek:

Tobasco's does indeed charge for loungers. $20.00 is what I've been told. Many local gringos have abandoned it for the Sand Bar. Tobasco's also has a new manager that just doesn't care about customer service. The lounge fee is charged whether or not you buy food.

Any of the restaurants on Medano Beach have swimming. The other more mellow ones besides Sand Bar are Omega Sports Bar and the Office, although I do not believe the Office has loungers. I used to advocate Billygan's, but they have also had a change in management so I'm not sure what the current venue is like. I know they raised their prices when I left in April and it can be an expensive day.:eek:

Guess there's the Tabascos answer! ;)

We went to the Office last time and it was an absolute madhouse! Very packed, loud, and VERY expensive! We want to avoid it as much as we can!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We ended up going to Tabasco's. It was... perfect! No charge for the loungers. (This was 8 weeks ago. Not sure if you're talking about a more recent visit.) The service was wonderful.. food was good...beach was exactly what we were looking for. Not a "party crowd". Just a nice, relaxing place to chill for the afternoon, have some drinks, and swim. I'd definitely recommend it!

We ended up going to Tabasco's. It was... perfect! No charge for the loungers. (This was 8 weeks ago. Not sure if you're talking about a more recent visit.) The service was wonderful.. food was good...beach was exactly what we were looking for. Not a "party crowd". Just a nice, relaxing place to chill for the afternoon, have some drinks, and swim. I'd definitely recommend it!

Maybe they changed their tune. When I was there this winter, November-April, it was reported by more than one person, that they were charging. A little loss in business may have brought them around.

Good to know! Thanks!

Maybe they changed their tune. When I was there this winter, November-April, it was reported by more than one person, that they were charging. A little loss in business may have brought them around.

Hope that's the case... Although Sand Bar also sounds like what we're looking for!

Hope that's the case... Although Sand Bar also sounds like what we're looking for!

It's my understanding that Sand Bar has some of the best prices on the beach. Why not check out both? How long are you in port?

I have to weigh in on this... I always go early and usually have kids... I book Mex Riv cruises mainly to go to The Office. The food is out of this world and if it is early (like it will be when you are there) it is pretty low key. After 3 it starts to get more kicked up but really not until after 5. And if you want to cool off... I highly recommend taking the short walk down the beach to The Me where you can swim in their pool and use their facilities if you buy a drink or food (I recommend getting guac and chips and margaritas at the swim-up bar). That is a day anyone can enjoy... kids or no kids!

I have to weigh in on this... I always go early and usually have kids... I book Mex Riv cruises mainly to go to The Office. The food is out of this world and if it is early (like it will be when you are there) it is pretty low key. After 3 it starts to get more kicked up but really not until after 5. And if you want to cool off... I highly recommend taking the short walk down the beach to The Me where you can swim in their pool and use their facilities if you buy a drink or food (I recommend getting guac and chips and margaritas at the swim-up bar). That is a day anyone can enjoy... kids or no kids!

I've read a lot about the Me Cabo, most of it that it's a total party place. Maybe I'll research again but last I looked, it definitely wasn't a family place.

We've been to the office a few times- you're right- the food is incredible!

The Me might turn into a big party in the late afternoon/evening (or maybe on weekends?) but every time I have been it has been very low key. In fact, most of the time it is just myself + the crowd I bring and one or 2 other couples. Again, I am there early as we go to The Office afterward for lunch and then back to the ship when we have drank and ate as much as we can. And we usually (as long as the weather is good) walk back as it is not too far and there are some shops we like to stop in.

How far down the beach is The ME Cabo from The Office /Mango Deck area? I am travelling in September with my best friend and her 2 daughters (ages 5 & 6). We are trying to figure out a place they can swim and then me and my older daughters can meet up with them for the afternoon. You mentioned it's no charge, if you buy food/drink. Does same thing apply for kids?