Can we wing it in Cabo? Or is a plan needed?

sjmbruce

I'm thinking about just winging it in Cabo without much of a plan. I'd like to see Lover's Beach and The Arch, go to Medano Beach for food/drinks, and take a glass bottom boat ride. Can I just get off the tender and find an easy way to do all of this? Or should I plan ahead and make reservations?

Absolutely! Just grab a water taxi at the cruise docks to see Lover's Beach, the Arch, Pelican Rock, and Divorce Beach. It is a great tour, we've done it several times. The boat captain will normally have food (tortillas) to feed the fish. They will swim right up into your hands to be fed.

I might also suggest that you have the boat drop you off at one of the many cantinas at Medano Beach (Tabascos is our favorite). You can sit with your toes in the sand, drinking inexpensive "beverages" and enjoying "pretty darned good" food. If it were me, at the end of the day, I would grab a land taxi back to the cruise docks. Taking the land cab will afford you a view of much of Cabo that you might otherwise miss.

$7-15 per person (depending upon your bargaining skills, and the demand) for the water taxi, $12-18 total (for up to 8 people) for the land taxi return.

At Medano, you will have to jump out into calf-deep water, but even with a fake knee, I've had no problems.

Enjoy Cabo, you will love it there!

Regarding Tabasco's, it has fallen out of favor because they now charge to use a lounge chair. The local gringo population has pretty much abandoned it for the Sand Bar.

I loved Tabasco's also, but seems new management is in place and things have changed, not for the better.

Regarding Tabasco's, it has fallen out of favor because they now charge to use a lounge chair. The local gringo population has pretty much abandoned it for the Sand Bar.

I loved Tabasco's also, but seems new management is in place and things have changed, not for the better.

Good post! I've heard that before about Tabascos, but we typically just sit the chairs (in the shade) and laugh as our chairs slowly sink into the sand! (We obviously spend too much time in our chairs!) You're correct, of course, but the great thing about Medano is number of Cantinas. We've occasionally just wandered up the beach until we've found a Cantina that we like. Our draw to Tabasco's is that it was always a bit "tamer" than others...no wet t-shirt contests, and the "college crowd" seemed much less. I would always suggest that folks find a place in the sand that they are comfortable with.

Oh that's kind of a bummer. We were looking forward to going there with the kids.

Is Sand Bar recommended with kids?

The plan was for us to grab a couple of chairs and swim, eat, drink, relax in the shade...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app