Weather in Puerto Vallarta in August!

louanne93

I heard it was unbearable. Is it so bad that you can only do something with water? We have Rhythms of the Night booked and now I am wondering if we should switch to the Las Caletas day trip. I am so worried about the weather! I heard it is 90's with 98 percent humidity! Any thoughts?? Day or night?

Yes, generally, hot and humid. A Google search for "Puerto Vallarta August weather" will get lots of factual data. Know that you will be in hurricane season. Hurricanes need warm sea water to exist, they don't happen in cooler conditions.

Yes, generally, hot and humid. A Google search for "Puerto Vallarta August weather" will get lots of factual data. Know that you will be in hurricane season. Hurricanes need warm sea water to exist, they don't happen in cooler conditions.

Should I switch to the day time Las Caletas?? In your opinion...

I am going to be in St Louis and Kansas City next week, San Antonio late this month...90s with heat indexes over 100. Doesn't much bother me. You live in Concord...temps could easily be over 100.

Up to you.

Ugh... You're not helping Bruce! Lol!!

I wouldn't have booked an August MR cruise in the first place. (I do understand timing of vacations though.) Way too hot and humid. Not much relief at night.

It boils down to how well you handle the heat and humidity.

We did an early October cruise with the overnight in PV. Stayed onboard during the day, went out to dinner after dark. Mom only got as far as the end of the gangway. Many restaurants have a different AC standard than what Americans are used to.

Edited by SadieN

Should I switch to the day time Las Caletas?? In your opinion...

I think you better change indeed. It is the rainy season and if the rains it is almost always (not always!)during late afternoon and/or evening/night.

I wouldn't have booked an August MR cruise in the first place. (I do understand timing of vacations though.) Way too hot and humid. Not much relief at night.

It boils down to how well you handle the heat and humidity.

We did an early October cruise with the overnight in PV. Stayed onboard during the day, went out to dinner after dark. Mom only got as far as the end of the gangway. Many restaurants have a different AC standard than what Americans are used to.

I did all my research EXCEPT the weather. Lol! I go back to work in Late August so this was the only time for me to book.

I think you better change indeed. It is the rainy season and if the rains it is almost always (not always!)during late afternoon and/or evening/night.

I was hoping you would chime in!! Thank you, gonna switch it right now!

Many restaurants have a different AC standard than what Americans are used to.

This is true in much of the rest of the world. Only locations that cater to Americans tend to have "American" a/c. Most of the rest survive with far less a/c.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi OP. I notice that you are from Concord. I live in martinez. Having been to the tropics, specifically PV, many times in July -Oct! Yes, it will be very, very hot and humid, but no more so than in the Midwest of the South during this time of the year. It seems to rain every night around 7-8 in PV, at least whenever I've been there that time of the year, so it cools off a bit. I would go to rhythms of the night vs las Caletas. Nighttime vs bright sunlight in addition to hot weather. There is a good reason they take 3-4 hour siesta time in Mexico, to avoid the hottest part of the day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi OP. I notice that you are from Concord. I live in martinez. Having been to the tropics, specifically PV, many times in July -Oct! Yes, it will be very, very hot and humid, but no more so than in the Midwest of the South during this time of the year. It seems to rain every night around 7-8 in PV, at least whenever I've been there that time of the year, so it cools off a bit. I would go to rhythms of the night vs las Caletas. Nighttime vs bright sunlight in addition to hot weather. There is a good reason they take 3-4 hour siesta time in Mexico, to avoid the hottest part of the day

Hello Neighbor!

Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate it!

......... There is a good reason they take 3-4 hour siesta time in Mexico, to avoid the hottest part of the day

There's a very old saying, probably from the English colonial period of India that says, 'Only mad dogs and Englishmen are out in the midday sun.'

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app