Transportation from LAX to NCL Cruise Terminal

I don't know when you're boarding NCL's Jewel but the schedule shows she berths at the Port of LA many times at Berth 92 which is the smaller of the 2 cruise terminals there (berths 54 & 46 are more remote piers).

https://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Here's what my Princess reservation states about transportation:

Distance and Taxi Information

From/To - Los Angeles International Airport/Pier

Distance/Time - 18 Miles/35-50 minutes

Taxi Fare - US$65-US$70

Princess offers a $34 transfer from LAX to the ship and there are also shuttles (Prime Time or Super Shuttle) which I've read charge about $17 by van from LAX to the Port of LA located in the suburb of San Pedro.

Obviously the taxi fares are estimates & if the 405/110 freeways are jammed it will take longer & be more expensive and is why a shuttle would probably be better. Although shuttles could make other stops along the way but it's your decision if a shuttle, ship transfer or taxi is the best option for you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If there are two of you, consider a private town car which is less expensive than a shuttle. I personally have dislike for shuttles and stop taking them years ago. A private town car from LAX cost about $55 plus tip.:)

Personally I would never fly in the same day of a cruise (we have decided years ago that if we didn't have that extra day, we'll wait until we do). Too many things can go wrong with your flight.

As for transportation to the World Cruise Center at the Port of LA, which services several cruise lines (Carnival uses Long Beach), you can use a taxi, private shuttle (execu-car, ontime, lotus, etc., but I have crossed Prime Time off the list for being unreliable), or shared shuttle, which may end up dropping off people all over LA.

We are staying at a hotel about 2 miles from the port and reserved PrimeTime Shuttle for $65.95 flat rate (without tip) for 4 of us.

If that is what you like, then it is your choice. You can book a private SUV for the four of you for the same amount.:)

I don't know when you're boarding NCL's Jewel but the schedule shows she berths at the Port of LA many times at Berth 92 which is the smaller of the 2 cruise terminals there (berths 54 & 46 are more remote piers).

https://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Here's what my Princess reservation states about transportation:

Distance and Taxi Information

From/To - Los Angeles International Airport/Pier

Distance/Time - 18 Miles/35-50 minutes

Taxi Fare - US$65-US$70

Princess offers a $34 transfer from LAX to the ship and there are also shuttles (Prime Time or Super Shuttle) which I've read charge about $17 by van from LAX to the Port of LA located in the suburb of San Pedro.

Obviously the taxi fares are estimates & if the 405/110 freeways are jammed it will take longer & be more expensive and is why a shuttle would probably be better. Although shuttles could make other stops along the way but it's your decision if a shuttle, ship transfer or taxi is the best option for you.

Thanks for the link we board the Jewel Dec 30th and leave out of Berth 92. At $17 each Super Shuttle will work just fine for us on our return trip from cruise terminal to LAX. I think we will make reservations just to be sure but I have read where others simply get in line without reservations and did not have any problems getting on shuttle to LAX.

Thanks for the link we board the Jewel Dec 30th and leave out of Berth 92. At $17 each Super Shuttle will work just fine for us on our return trip from cruise terminal to LAX. I think we will make reservations just to be sure but I have read where others simply get in line without reservations and did not have any problems getting on shuttle to LAX.

We drive to the port (or get a sail & park hotel package on longer cruises) so I don't have any LA shuttle experience but have read the same thing about boarding a shuttle to LAX. I don't think it'd hurt to make a reservation even if they just say to wait in line for the next available shuttle.

That's better than the experience we had going from Galveston to Houston using SS. I made reservations for several groups from our roll call but each van was assigned to a specific group. Unfortunately my group's van was delayed & other groups with later flights left the pier before us. We eventually asked to join another shuttle to not be late for our flight.

One other possibility we are considering is using uber to get from cruise terminal to LAX. Please, if you have done that, please let us know how much it cost and how satisfied you were with using them.

I've been told that Lyft is cheaper than Uber out in LA. Might want to look into that.

I've been told that Lyft is cheaper than Uber out in LA. Might want to look into that.

We have never uses either one. The reason I was thinking about uber was we have an email where if we use our credit card to set up an account with uber we get our first ride up to $30 for free. Have not read through the details. There is probably a catch to it. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has used either lyft or uber to get from cruise terminal to LAX. Prices, dependability, what to look out for, etc.

We have never uses either one. The reason I was thinking about uber was we have an email where if we use our credit card to set up an account with uber we get our first ride up to $30 for free. Have not read through the details. There is probably a catch to it. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has used either lyft or uber to get from cruise terminal to LAX. Prices, dependability, what to look out for, etc.
I saw that same promotion. We need a ride to Long Beach on November 20 from LAX. I'm tempted to try it but I'm leery because we've never used Uber or Lyft.

I have used Uber before and yes, those promotions stand true