Question about robes

surran12

I am wanting to treat my wife to a robe for the cruise and was wondering how are the robes that can be purchased through the gifts and amenities "A Touch of Romance Package". Are these the same ones that can be bought on-board, or are those robes better or worse?

Also through the Disney store I see this robe: http://www.disneystore.com/bath-accessories-bed-bath-home-decor-disney-cruise-line-robe-for-adults/mp/1319756/1000325/

That is $120 by itself, so I am assuming that this is different than the one through the package. I was hoping someone may have any information regarding any of these options and how they liked them. Thank you very much.

I trust you are not in concierge where you will get robes to use for the cruise.

The one for sale thru Disney Store on line looks like the concierge robes. They are very nice, satin with terry lining, yummy.

The ones for sale in the gift shop on board are not as nice as the concierge robes.

While I can't specifically address the robes in the package, I don't see how the robe in an $89 package can be as nice as a $120 by itself robe.

And finally, there are the cheapie robes you use in the spa area These are not nice--they are designed to get "stuff" on them during various "treatments" and be washed frequently. Very utilitarian. I have not seen this quality available for sale thru DCL.

The robes from the package are different from the ones sold in the store. The package ones are a soft terry cloth, but do not have the outer lining like the ones sold for $120.

That being said, we still found them super comfortable and worth the cost of the package.

• 10 months later...

I bought the robe from the Disney Store earlier this year (for my wife) and she LOVES it - says it's the nicest robe she's every owned. I can't compare it to the concierge robe, but it is indeed "the real deal" and worth the price (our comparison point - Victoria's Secret robes in the 80-90 dollar range - no comparison!).

Does this imply that if you are not in Concierge then robes are not provided in the suite? Can they be requested from housekeeping/maid (or whatever term is used) on DCL?

If you are not in concierge, you will not get a robe. They are not supplied by the stateroom hosts and cannot be requested. You can go to the spa area and help yourself to one of the spa robes...and just leave it in the cabin on the last day. They aren't very nice.

No, it is not like other lines where you can request a robe in advance or on the first day. Very nice robes and decent slippers are supplied in concierge.

I would definitely go with the robe through the Disney store online. My wife also LOVES her robe. She has had others before but wore it maybe once very couple weeks. She wears this one every single day and she also packs it to bring whenever we're going away somewhere for more than a few nights. I have definitely gotten my monies worth.

• 6 months later...
Does anyone know if they sell them in the gift shop or do we have to order it ahead of time?

There are robes for sale in the gift shops (nice ones) or you can borrow one of the "not so nice" ones from the spa area. Just remember to leave the spa robe in your room or to allow suitcase space for the lovely purchased one.

I trust you are not in concierge where you will get robes to use for the cruise.

The one for sale thru Disney Store on line looks like the concierge robes. They are very nice' date=' satin with terry lining, yummy.

The ones for sale in the gift shop on board are not as nice as the concierge robes.

[/quote']

The ones we bought in the gift shop on board were *exactly* the same as the ones in our Concierge room. That's why we bought them.