Marvel meet and greet on Magic

alaskawdw12

We've pre booked our character breakfast, Frozen and princess meets for our upcoming 7 day Magic cruise. Is there a Marvel characters meet and greet onboard the Magic that is also a ticketed event and that we would have to get tickets for once onboard? Thanks a lot!!

Marvels aren't appearing for Prebooking even if it is offered. That said on the 7 night Norway cruise navigator from May is showing it on there so its possible it will be offered. If it is then yes you would need to get tickets once onboard and it should say on the navigator you get in the terminal where you go for this.

As above, all you can do is to check at boarding. Marvel is not available on all cruises. However, since the Magic has Marvel Academy (hint--dads love this during "Adult time in the Club" or "Open House," the Magic seems to have more Marvel appearances than some other ships.

"Adult time in the Club (or Lab)" is a feature on SOME longer cruises, especially those with lots of sea days. It does not happen on the typical 3/4/7 night cruises.

"Open House" happens daily (or nearly so, sometimes there is one day not available). During this time, the Oceaneer's Club, which includes Marvel Academy, is open to "children of all ages." That's Disney speak for everyone.

"Adult time in the Club" is a much more rare event, generally confined to specialty cruises of more then 7 nights. It is exactly as stated--all children who are signed in are moved to the "Lab" area and the OC is open only to those 18 and older. You are "carded" at entry. We were not just allowed, but actually encouraged to play in the space--to use the slides, Marvel Academy, etc. The CMs were actively using the equipment to prove to us that it was strong enough for adult weight, etc. The best part though was watching the dads doing Marvel Academy.

Edited by moki'smommy

In fairness, I can't see that I've seen adults "playing" during Open House hours other than some fathers doing Marvel Academy. Truly, I don't think we would have done it during Adults hours until the CMs did it first and then encouraged us to.

Yes, I've seen things like parents coloring with their kids, but not doing things like the slides.

BUT I've never seen a rule that says that you can't. In fact, the way the thing is written, anyone of any age can enter and "play." The only other policy I've seen is that kids 12 and under must be supervised by an adult.