Transportation from Port Canaveral

jillo9

We are taking Disney transports to the cruise ship. We are going to Disney World after our cruise and I am asking for suggestion for transportatonight from ship to resort.

DCL also has transportation from port to resorts. $35.00 per person.

Basic choices--

DCL transfers

rent a car

limo/towncar pick up

DCL transfers typically go to 3 resorts and there is no way to know if you will be at the first or last drop off point. DO NOT be on the last bus. We had to go to 6 resorts once and the driver didn't do them in a sensible way. We criss-crossed WDW several times. It was quite awful.

Cost of a limo is about the same a DCL transfers for about 4 people. Car rental is cheapest but more hassle.

Happy Limo and Fl Tours do a lot of business and have a great reputation. There are lots of good companies in the Orlando area.

After WDW on your way back to MCO, use Magical Express--it's free.

Edited by moki'smommy

The big difference between DCL transfers and a limo service is that with the limo you will have no delays.

With DCL, you'll get on a bus. You may wait 20 minutes for it to depart depending on how full it is. Then you'll go to WDW, but not necessarily to your resort first. And I was totally irritated (word I'd like to use will not be allowed) when we arrived at AKL and the DCL bus driver unloaded our luggage at the lower drive thru--4 or 5 steps up to where the bellmen are. Not a big deal unless you have a handicapped member of your party. Other buses went to the upper level, so I don't know what this guy's problem was. I was on the last suitcase when the bellman noticed me. This is NOT usual--most DCL transfers have great service and we've done it several times.

The limo driver wants his tip--he's going to do a good job for you. He will be waiting at the port at whatever time you've booked.

If we are 4 or more--towncar/limo service. For fewer, DCL transfers are more economical.