Apia - Samoa

credit lady

Aggie Grey's was the legendary hotel of the South Pacific. I was lucky enough to have stayed there back in the 1980s and met Aggie's daughter. We also stayed in the William Holden fale. We went back a couple of years ago and found the hotel had been modernised quite a bit and last year the Grey family sold the business to Sheraton. So it's not the same place at all, though hopefully the main restaurant and the garden will probably still be unchanged. I thought it was all a bit Paul Gauguin meets Ruislip Lido!

Edited by Fletcher

• 2 weeks later...
For those who have been to Apia, what did you see and do? Recommendations and advice for tours or on your own sightseeing? Any helpful hints appreciated.

Get together a group of 4 or 5 and hire a taxi from the port to take you out to the To Sua swimming hole. There is a charge to go in and you will need to be a bit sprightly to really enjoy it.

Get together a group of 4 or 5 and hire a taxi from the port to take you out to the To Sua swimming hole. There is a charge to go in and you will need to be a bit sprightly to really enjoy it.

It looks gorgeous, but I don't know if we are up to that scary looking descent on the ladder:eek:. Is there no other way in?