Taxis & Water Taxis

boleynkid

For a day trip, my wife and I will be looking to either get a "water taxi" from Vaitape to, probably, Four Seasons or Inter-Continental hotel (we would not be using their own shuttle service) or a taxi from Vaitape to Matira Beach. Any tips/comments on either of these ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

For a day trip, my wife and I will be looking to either get a "water taxi" from Vaitape to, probably, Four Seasons or Inter-Continental hotel (we would not be using their own shuttle service) or a taxi from Vaitape to Matira Beach. Any tips/comments on either of these ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry should have made it clearer that this relates to Bora Bora.

Sorry should have made it clearer that this relates to Bora Bora.

Most ships have it set up with a shuttle service to provide transportation to and from Matira, $5 bucks each.

Where they drop you off at is right across the street from the IC Le Moana.

You can arrange day use at the Le Moana or take the boat shuttle from the Le Moana to the Thalasso. The Resorts will usually accommodate day use from cruise ships especially the PG which is owned by the same corporation as the Le Moana and the Thalasso.

Several water taxi services usually go counter clockwise going to each major Resort along the way. The Four Seasons would be one of the last serviced from Vaitape. That is not to say a water taxi can't take you direct, just make sure that they will do that and at what charge.

BTW, the Le Moana and the Four Seasons both have a bot more Polynesian flair than the Thalasso. Four Seasons a 5 star, Le Moana 4 star (love this place), Thalasso 5star.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Most ships have it set up with a shuttle service to provide transportation to and from Matira, $5 bucks each.

Where they drop you off at is right across the street from the IC Le Moana.

You can arrange day use at the Le Moana or take the boat shuttle from the Le Moana to the Thalasso. The Resorts will usually accommodate day use from cruise ships especially the PG which is owned by the same corporation as the Le Moana and the Thalasso.

Several water taxi services usually go counter clockwise going to each major Resort along the way. The Four Seasons would be one of the last serviced from Vaitape. That is not to say a water taxi can't take you direct, just make sure that they will do that and at what charge.

BTW, the Le Moana and the Four Seasons both have a bot more Polynesian flair than the Thalasso. Four Seasons a 5 star, Le Moana 4 star (love this place), Thalasso 5star.

Many thanks Tahitianbigkahuna for your very helpful reply. It seems to me that a combo of spending time on Matira Beach and relaxing in Le Moana would be a very nice way of spending a day. One of our objectives was to be able to relax a while and enjoy a lovely view of Mt Otemanu and it seems that will be possible at Le Moana. It will be interesting to find out the cost as it is quite expensive to do this at Four Seasons. Thanks again.

Many thanks Tahitianbigkahuna for your very helpful reply. It seems to me that a combo of spending time on Matira Beach and relaxing in Le Moana would be a very nice way of spending a day. One of our objectives was to be able to relax a while and enjoy a lovely view of Mt Otemanu and it seems that will be possible at Le Moana. It will be interesting to find out the cost as it is quite expensive to do this at Four Seasons. Thanks again.

Though the Le Moana is one of my favorites it doesn't have the classic view of the Mount Otemanu. The thumbnail is the view of the mountain from the Le Moana.

The large picture is taken from the Thalasso .......

If the view is the most important send me an email and I'll send you a PDF of the views from all the major resorts. tahitianbigkahuna@gmail.com

i-GKDnxmq-XL.jpg

910570868_LeMoana.jpg.752369e350b7659c3e475b48afe365bf.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Though the Le Moana is one of my favorites it doesn't have the classic view of the Mount Otemanu. The thumbnail is the view of the mountain from the Le Moana.

The large picture is taken from the Thalasso .......

If the view is the most important send me an email and I'll send you a PDF of the views from all the major resorts. tahitianbigkahuna@gmail.com

i-GKDnxmq-XL.jpg

Thank you again Tahitianbigkahuna, that is too good an offer to turn down and a n e-mail is on its way to you.