First ever Christmas cruise

excitedofharpenden

And people say I buy a lot of shopping Eric! Never bought a pram though! :D

When I was away for 5 months doing an Asia and Australia land tour I found it was cheaper to Fed Ex all my purchases back home to my mother's address rather than pay excess baggage at the airport....I did a LOT of shopping! :D

I hope Eric hasn't given you any ideas :D

A Pram would be handy to carry a your parcels Hazel

Have a lovely time on Viking

I hope Eric hasn't given you any ideas :D

A Pram would be handy to carry a your parcels Hazel

Have a lovely time on Viking

Now there's a thought Eric :D

We are looking forward to trying Viking. May post from the ship as there is free Internet.

Happy New Year to you and Christine

Jenny, sorry you got sick. I heard a few with a cough. Not many, but a few and I managed to stay free of it which is unusual for me.

In spite of the guy at Guest Relations who was going into one last night at the desk about how long it was going to take to get off the ship and what priority he was going to get (I'm afraid I had to let him know on that score!), it was very easy and we were off in a cab to the hotel in no time (a bit of a walk to the taxi rank, the Singapore Cruise Centreis a large place). Helped by the fact no doubt that 150 guests got off last night.

Another lovely Azamara cruise. If I was honest the heat and humidity of Asia at this time of year got to me sometimes, but it is what it is. I loved my cool window cabin on deck 4. It never went above 69 degrees F in there. The thoughtful crew continued to shine. There were some inconsistencies in service at times, but it was easily rectified. It really does depend upon who you ask and many of the crew are truly outstanding if you treat them as they should be treated. Shame not all guests know the drill. Most were very nice, but there were a few that made me just shake my head. Cruising is a slice of life for sure!

Entertainment was fun. If you haven't seen Mel Mellors, the comedy magician, do go and see him. Beverley Davidson was excellent on the violin and they both did an excellent show together with ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima. I'm hopeful that S & D will be back on Azamara soon after a break. They are filling in at the moment until February. Those who know them will agree they are excellent and a true asset to Azamara.

I had every intention of keeping the dailies in case anyone had a specific question on the itinerary, but I decided to bin the weight. If I can answer anything I'll try.

Jenny, sorry you got sick. I heard a few with a cough. Not many, but a few and I managed to stay free of it which is unusual for me.

In spite of the guy at Guest Relations who was going into one last night at the desk about how long it was going to take to get off the ship and what priority he was going to get (I'm afraid I had to let him know on that score!), it was very easy and we were off in a cab to the hotel in no time (a bit of a walk to the taxi rank, the Singapore Cruise Centreis a large place). Helped by the fact no doubt that 150 guests got off last night.

Another lovely Azamara cruise. If I was honest the heat and humidity of Asia at this time of year got to me sometimes, but it is what it is. I loved my cool window cabin on deck 4. It never went above 69 degrees F in there. The thoughtful crew continued to shine. There were some inconsistencies in service at times, but it was easily rectified. It really does depend upon who you ask and many of the crew are truly outstanding if you treat them as they should be treated. Shame not all guests know the drill. Most were very nice, but there were a few that made me just shake my head. Cruising is a slice of life for sure!

Entertainment was fun. If you haven't seen Mel Mellors, the comedy magician, do go and see him. Beverley Davidson was excellent on the violin and they both did an excellent show together with ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima. I'm hopeful that S & D will be back on Azamara soon after a break. They are filling in at the moment until February. Those who know them will agree they are excellent and a true asset to Azamara.

I had every intention of keeping the dailies in case anyone had a specific question on the itinerary, but I decided to bin the weight. If I can answer anything I'll try.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first ever holiday cruise!!!...we have done a number of them...but never on AZ...only on X...(and while this last one was great in the Carib....with Santa and the kids) I think we are done with that part of the world...just too hot for us So Cal people...our "blood" is either too thick or too thin to handle it anymore!!! I'm sure the holiday on AZ was extra special!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in November...thank you so much for joining us...can't wait to see you and other AZ cruise friends!!!! LuAnn

Now decompressing after the 14 hour flight back from Singapore. No matter how I try these long flights take me a while to recover. I would definitely do one of these cruises over Christmas and New Year again. A lot of fun and a good spirit onboard.

Overall I was very happy with the food on the ship. I ate in a number of different venues and never had a bad meal. I was very happy with the red wines on offer each day. I never had to ask for one from a previous day. They were all good. The Pinot Noir was delicious.

The crew and reimagined ships continue to make me want to come back to Azamara for more. As someone said above, it is addictive. Now to get ready for the next trip starting in Mumbai on the 22nd April and finishing in Barcelona on the 6th June. That will be my longest stint on the ship so far, but I know I will be taken good care of.

Now decompressing after the 14 hour flight back from Singapore. No matter how I try these long flights take me a while to recover. I would definitely do one of these cruises over Christmas and New Year again. A lot of fun and a good spirit onboard.

Overall I was very happy with the food on the ship. I ate in a number of different venues and never had a bad meal. I was very happy with the red wines on offer each day. I never had to ask for one from a previous day. They were all good. The Pinot Noir was delicious.

The crew and reimagined ships continue to make me want to come back to Azamara for more. As someone said above, it is addictive. Now to get ready for the next trip starting in Mumbai on the 22nd April and finishing in Barcelona on the 6th June. That will be my longest stint on the ship so far, but I know I will be taken good care of.

Thank you Phil. Your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises is truly appreciated.

I completely concur with Phil regarding this cruise. It was our third cruise on Journey and we had a wonderful time. We've only been home four days and today booked for the Seychelles/Maldives cruise from Mumbai on 22nd April!

Agree with all above that it was a wonderful holiday cruise! I missed seeing/meeting Phil and Floris at the M & M in the Living Room on Dec 24th (I missed the ship's M & M as it was scheduled during sail away Dec 23), so they are still the mystery men to me. Terrific crew, nice fellow pax, good selection of activities and splendid food (most of the time we ate in the speciality restaurants). As did others, we opted to pay $130 for unlimited Internet ($280 unlimited use price, less $150 CC credit)-- my husband made good use of it, whereas I completely "unplugged." Will definitely choose to be on Azamara again. This Christmas/New Year's cruise on Journey was every bit as wonderful as the one we took two years ago visiting South America. Happy New Year to all!:)