Woo Hoo Just signed up for my first Azamara cruise!

ProfessorEFFE

Because no matter how hard I try I am not getting any younger or better looking I consulted the DW before pulling the trigger on a Transatlantic. This will be our first Azamara cruise and we are excited! We know it will be an amazing cruise because we like Celebrity so much Azamara has to be even better!

We booked our first Azamara cruise while on our Celebrity cruise last month. Although it's not until 2018 we are already looking forward to 15 days in Norway.

The itinerary is what drew us but we also have heard great things from this forum and from people we've met on our X cruises.

Because no matter how hard I try I am not getting any younger or better looking I consulted the DW before pulling the trigger on a Transatlantic. This will be our first Azamara cruise and we are excited! We know it will be an amazing cruise because we like Celebrity so much Azamara has to be even better!

Congratulations on booking your first Azamara cruise .. But, please be aware, it can (and will!) be addictive so this is, no doubt, only the first of many!

Congratulations! I'm excited for you and for us too! We just booked our first Azamara cruise out of Venice in 2018. Really looking forward to the smaller ship. We've been on the Ocean Princess (sister to Azamara's ships) and I'm looking forward to seeing the renovations that they've done to the ship. Looks beautiful from the pics I've seen.

Now, on to a quick countdown! ;)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Congratulations and welcome to the Azamara family [emoji3] Which Transatlantic cruise did you book?

ClaudiB, the 15 night Norway cruise to the North Cape is beyond phenomenal. Not just Norway and the scenery, but also the on board experience with all the locally caught fresh fish they bring on board, the Norwegian cheeses and berries (this summer Quest stopped in a fjord just to let the Chef go to a local farm with a tender to pick up fresh produce) and much more. The small ship can also go to places that the bigger Celebrity ships can't; don't miss Troll Fjord!

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked our first Azamara cruise as well - the 2017 June Lisbon to Hamburg on Journey. I've cruised with RCCL, Celebrity and Holland America before and I'm looking forward to this cruise as well. One question I had, with the other lines, it wasn't an issue finding excursions for each port - but Azamara seems to only have a few and only at some of the bigger ports - are we supposed to just soak up the flavors of the other stops (which is fine with me) or will there be something on board? I just don't want to be missing out on anything good!!

We just booked our first Azamara cruise as well - the 2017 June Lisbon to Hamburg on Journey. I've cruised with RCCL, Celebrity and Holland America before and I'm looking forward to this cruise as well. One question I had, with the other lines, it wasn't an issue finding excursions for each port - but Azamara seems to only have a few and only at some of the bigger ports - are we supposed to just soak up the flavors of the other stops (which is fine with me) or will there be something on board? I just don't want to be missing out on anything good!!

Re excursions... check back a little bit closer to departure; more will be added. There are usually at least 5 per port and more in larger ports.

We are booked on this cruise, our first on Azamara, as well. Please be sure to sign up on the roll call; there is already discussion on the roll call related to shore excursions.

Hi Everybody,

Please be gentle with me, I am looking to book our first cruise on Azamara.

We have sailed with Silversea and Seabourn however, friends of ours love Azamara and are persuading us to try Azamara.

Obviously when you have only sailed with one or two cruise lines you get a bit anxious of trying others. They say that Azamara is more or less on a par with the other two I have mentioned?

We have never cruised over Christmas and New Year before, we are thinking of booking next December Hong Kong to Singapore, the itinerary looks great.

Can you advise which suite to book please, one on a similar size and comfort to other lines.

What drinks packages are included or you can recommend? We like most people enjoy a drink but dont go over the top (well sometimes we do) :o

Any advise would be appreciated thank you. :D

Hi Everybody,

Please be gentle with me, I am looking to book our first cruise on Azamara.

We have sailed with Silversea and Seabourn however, friends of ours love Azamara and are persuading us to try Azamara.

Obviously when you have only sailed with one or two cruise lines you get a bit anxious of trying others. They say that Azamara is more or less on a par with the other two I have mentioned?

We have never cruised over Christmas and New Year before, we are thinking of booking next December Hong Kong to Singapore, the itinerary looks great.

Can you advise which suite to book please, one on a similar size and comfort to other lines.

What drinks packages are included or you can recommend? We like most people enjoy a drink but dont go over the top (well sometimes we do) :o

Any advise would be appreciated thank you. :D

Welcome! I have cruised Azamara extensively and Seabourn once, but am about to go on my 2nd Seabourn cruise. I'm typing this while cruising on Azamara Journey [emoji846]

Seabourn's ships are smaller and newer / more modern. The size and quality of their staterooms is simply amazing and if you switch to Azamara you need to book at least a Club Continent Suite to get close to Seabourn's Inside cabins which already offer a large bathtub, double sink, walk in closet and so much more. I love Seabourn Square as well as their Ventures program (where available). Seabourn's "inclusive" is much more inclusive than Azamara's and (for example) includes all premium brand liquors (Hendrick's gin anyone) and better wines than Azamara.

All that said, Azamara continues to be my line of choice because of the much warmer, more personable service, the very visible, engaged officers, the special events such as White Night and the Azamazing Evening and the (apologies if I offend anyone) less snotty fellow passengers. Azamara's main dining room is in my opinion on par with Seabourn's and its two specialty restaurants, Aqualina and Prime C, are better than anything you find on Seabourn.

I think you will truly enjoy Azamara if you book a Club Continent Suite or higher and plan to try both specialty restaurants. I prefer Azamara, but if Seabourn can take me to areas Azamara doesn't go (such as Antarctica with landings and the Amazon) I'll happily book Seabourn.

Floris

PS. As for drinks packages, I never book one on Azamara as I'm happy with the included house brands, but if you want the Seabourn experience, you need to book the Top Shelve package. There's no need to do that in advance however; just have a bartender explain the options to you after boarding and decide then and there.

Hallo,

Thank you for your prompt reply and detailed description, very much appreciated.

The worst thing you can do is compare lines, but you cant help your self I suppose.

Have a very merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous New year.

Hallo,

Thank you for your prompt reply and detailed description, very much appreciated.

The worst thing you can do is compare lines, but you cant help your self I suppose.

Have a very merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous New year.

Pleasure! Merry Christmas and if you have any other questions, let me know.

It's funny because Azamara is also my cruise line of choice. I've travelled on Seabourn, Silverseas and Regent amongst others. Yes, the cabins on those ships are certainly superior but there is something special about Azamara. Can't explain exactly what but I'm sure you will feel the same once you've been on Quest or Journey.

Congratulations and welcome to the Azamara family [emoji3] Which Transatlantic cruise did you book?

ClaudiB, the 15 night Norway cruise to the North Cape is beyond phenomenal. Not just Norway and the scenery, but also the on board experience with all the locally caught fresh fish they bring on board, the Norwegian cheeses and berries (this summer Quest stopped in a fjord just to let the Chef go to a local farm with a tender to pick up fresh produce) and much more. The small ship can also go to places that the bigger Celebrity ships can't; don't miss Troll Fjord!

Floris

I know! We were originally booked on your Quest cruise this past summer but our plans changed to renting a house up in the Colorado rockies for 3 weeks which was glorious. Had to rebook it. Kind of early to begin planning, but we *are* hoping to go a week early for the Open and for DH to get in some good golf ahead of embarkation.

Okay, I've read a lot of these posts, and spent hours on the Amazara website, and now I too have booked my 1st Amazara cruise (2018 Med).

We have done lots of mass market cruises (Carib) and smaller Windstar cruises (Med); now want to try something different.

The itinerary couldn't have been better if I hand-picked it myself. However, I am pretty risk-averse, so its a bit nerve-wracking changing it up though :) !

We did our first Azamara this last September, and loved Journey. So I'm sure you all will have a great time. And we will probably book another for 2018--it would be sooner but we're booked up for 2017.

We booked our first Azamara cruise while on our Celebrity cruise last month. Although it's not until 2018 we are already looking forward to 15 days in Norway.

The itinerary is what drew us but we also have heard great things from this forum and from people we've met on our X cruises.

This itinerary sounds so great, it's really tempting, although of course it's dead in the middle of summer which is our most glorious weather in Canada (and Norway!) Having seen the fjords from land once, I would love to do this itinerary.

Thank you all for your warm greetings!! Its the Nov 4 TA out of Barcelona on the Quest. Just looking for Celebrity Plus service :D

Nice thing about the TA's for people in Florida is that you only have to fly one way!

We're also considering London-Lisbon, September 2018. It has 3 nights in Bordeaux, and we would do either a day trip, or an overnight to Lascaux, and see some of the other surrounding neolithic sites as well, we hope.

Having tried the Club Continent Suite in September, I think we would be content with a regular balcony cabin. With the CC's you really have to watch the location, since many deck 8 cabins are noisy, since the pool deck is above.