Azamara or NCL-Panama Canal

matt1214

Ocean suite on deck 7, best place to be for the Panama Canal. We were in 7005 last year and had the best views of all as we passed through the locks and canal.

We had breakfast on the balcony as we entered the canal and stayed there for the whole transit until time for dinner.

I did a time lapse from the balcony

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Ocean suite on deck 7, best place to be for the Panama Canal. We were in 7005 last year and had the best views of all as we passed through the locks and canal.

We had breakfast on the balcony as we entered the canal and stayed there for the whole transit until time for dinner.

Thanks for the time lapse...loved it.

We just did the Canal on Azamara and loved it. Took many videos passing through. We were in 7019 and had great views as well. We also went up to deck 11 and took some videos.

The new Canal is partially functioning.

I also haven't sailed NCL, but relatives who have have enjoyed it. However, I frequently sail RCL and traveled with Azamara through the Panama Canal and at the time I wrote this comparison of the differences between the larger mass market ship and the smaller destination focused ship for the Royal Caribbean boards at the time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324530&highlight=Familygoboston+azamara

I would add two caveats 1- We don't pay to travel in suites, so I can't speak to how much better NCL would be in a suite than a typical mass market cruise experience. 2- I also can't speak to the experience of traveling in a suite on Azamara. Also, my full trip report is linked in my signature below with lots of photos from our Azamara cruise and a ship's tour so you can get a feel for the Azamara experience. More photos and reports on our website linked below also.

Good luck with whichever yiu choose!

Hello Azamarajunkie,

We are wondering if you'd allow us to use your time-lapse video on our social media? If so, please email the original video (not the Youtube version) to our LCV desk: LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com.

Please include your name and where you're from so we can credit authorship.

Also, in the subject line state "Panama Canal time lapse video".

Thank you!

We recently sailed in a Suite on NCL (Pride of America in Hawaii), after having earlier sailed in an Inside on NCL Dawn. Never again! Even being in a suite with Unlimited Specialty Dining, NCL is our least favorite cruise line. Azamara is so much better on every level!

We recently sailed in a Suite on NCL (Pride of America in Hawaii), after having earlier sailed in an Inside on NCL Dawn. Never again! Even being in a suite with Unlimited Specialty Dining, NCL is our least favorite cruise line. Azamara is so much better on every level!

Thank you Jazzbeau!

Both cruises in an Owners Suite. Anyone have a recommendation? Have sailed NCL but never on Azamara. Which line would you prefer? Thanks

We try to travel comfortably (suites) when we can and have had great experiences with Holland America, and are about to sail on the NCL Breakaway. RCL didn't make the grade.

However, Azamara is the class of ships above the middle tier carriers and many of the latter 'suite amenities' are available to all guests. Also, their ships are much smaller and more intimate. We had a suite on the Journey and it was better than any prior cruise experience and look forward to another.

I will report back after the NCL/Haven trip.

We have sailed NCL several times - quite good experience - BUT - there was the poorly dressed pax, nickel and diming and the general feeling of their hand permanently in your wallet.

We do Azamara in three weeks:D:D. Having got menus etc. and the more inclusive nature of their product - there seems to be no comparison. NCL - $7.95 for tepid stuff for breakfast in room service - Azamara - room service steak and eggs (and how you want your steak cooked) for free:D.

I hope to become a cheerleader for Azamara after we return - DW is really looking forward to this cruise - so far (pre-cruise) a positive experience.

At one time, NCL had an excellent suite package. Much has changed in the last 2 years with their new CEO. They now charge for room service, charge 18% gratuity for "free" meal and beverage packages and will not let even one bottle of water to be brought on board.

Our last NCL sailing (total 7 sailings with them) was this past July. I had to throw away the 3 full water bottles I had in my purse at their demand before boarding.

They nickel and dime passengers beyond belief.

No more NCL for us!

On the other hand, Azamara has only provided us with great sailings, superior service, good food and reasonable pricing.

Hello Azamarajunkie,

We are wondering if you'd allow us to use your time-lapse video on our social media? If so, please email the original video (not the Youtube version) to our LCV desk: LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com.

Please include your name and where you're from so we can credit authorship.

Also, in the subject line state "Panama Canal time lapse video".

Thank you!

Hi Bonnnie

Of course you can, its quite a big file in its original format but I'll explore ways of emailing it today - maybe as a zip or .rar file

Steve

Hi Bonnnie

Of course you can, its quite a big file in its original format but I'll explore ways of emailing it today - maybe as a zip or .rar file

Steve

Hi Bonnie

I have sent an email to LeClubVoyage with a link to the video on my Dropbox account as the file was too large to email direct. You should be able to download it from there

Steve