HDMI jack on in-cabin TVs???

screen-gem

Can any recent passengers on the Journey tell me if the flat-screen TVs in the cabins on the newly-reimagined Journey have an available HDMI jack that's accessible? Some TVs have an HDMI jack one edge. Others have one on the rear panel. If the TVs are firmly mounted to the wall, a rear panel jack might not be accessible.

Of course, some low-end TVs won't have an extra HDMI jack at all.

My objective to to connect a Chromecast to the set so we can view our pictures and movies on the big screen.

Thanks.

Can any recent passengers on the Journey tell me if the flat-screen TVs in the cabins on the newly-reimagined Journey have an available HDMI jack that's accessible? Some TVs have an HDMI jack one edge. Others have one on the rear panel. If the TVs are firmly mounted to the wall, a rear panel jack might not be accessible. Thanks.

We would enjoy hearing the answer as well as we like to bring a dvd player along on long cruises.

The other issue would be whether you can switch the TV's input to another HDMI slot.

Quite true.

In my experience, modern HDMI sets generally have a few control buttons hidden away on the edge of the unit so one can control power, volume and input select when the remote control goes missing or dead. Hopefully, someone on the Journey will have tried to connect an external HDMI device and will be able to report their success or failure.

Can any recent passengers on the Journey tell me if the flat-screen TVs in the cabins on the newly-reimagined Journey have an available HDMI jack that's accessible? Some TVs have an HDMI jack one edge. Others have one on the rear panel. If the TVs are firmly mounted to the wall, a rear panel jack might not be accessible.

Of course, some low-end TVs won't have an extra HDMI jack at all.

My objective to to connect a Chromecast to the set so we can view our pictures and movies on the big screen.

Thanks.

I don't believe they do have a HDMI jack. But I'll ask the Hotel Department to confirm.

I don't believe they do have a HDMI jack. But I'll ask the Hotel Department to confirm.

Bonnie,

Thanks for noticing my query, and following up.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 'hotel' doesn't officially want pax to mess around with wires and TVs and such:-) In the past, I've found it very useful to connect my Panasonic point n' shoot camera to in-cabin TVs to review the photos we've taken.

Happy New Year!!

It has been confirmed that "Guests may not attach any item to the TVs as it may interfere with the interactive TV system."

LOL! It may also "interfere with the Guests' enjoyment of their experience on-board"..

I promise that I won't tell anyone if I endeavor to connect my camera to the TV:)

From my memory of the Samsung TVS onboard they are fixed to the wall and don't have side of TV inputs...

Thanks, Phil.

You are indeed a fount of knowledge* re the Azamara ships. Perhaps you should change your CC id to "WikiHarpenden"...

* and Bonnie too, of course!