Choice air question

midwestchick

I wanted to check flights on Choice Air for the heck of it. I got a message we're not eligible because of b2b cruises. We did a b2b in 2016 and I don't recall this happening.

Any way to resolve this so I can at least see what's available?

If you are on a B2B, you cannot book ChoiceAir online but if you call, they can get you booked. You can always check prices online, there is no way they would know you were on a B2B unless you give them your cruise details. Use the tab to check prices only.

If you are on a B2B, you cannot book ChoiceAir online but if you call, they can get you booked. You can always check prices online, there is no way they would know you were on a B2B unless you give them your cruise details. Use the tab to check prices only.

That's right...thanks for the memory jog. My TA booked my flights for our b2b.

Checked flights....big price difference between AA and other carriers...around $300. I'll keep looking. We have 8 months.

Edited by midwestchick

That's right...thanks for the memory jog. My TA booked my flights for our b2b.

Checked flights....big price difference between AA and other carriers...around $300. I'll keep looking. We have 8 months.

Big difference which way? In your favour or higher?

We are in the same situation a year from now.

Thanks,

John

AA is around $300 cheaper than the others. I'm not seeing any direct flights at all.

Sorry, I misunderstood, thinking that there was $300 difference between AA and Choice Air.

I see from my notes that we booked Choice Air in 2013 which was the last time we sailed with Celebrity. As I recall the price was quite favourable at that time. I will check with them before booking for Feb 2018.

John

Sorry, I misunderstood, thinking that there was $300 difference between AA and Choice Air.

I see from my notes that we booked Choice Air in 2013 which was the last time we sailed with Celebrity. As I recall the price was quite favourable at that time. I will check with them before booking for Feb 2018.

John

We've used them a few times. I can't really say if there was a big difference. I still prefer shopping for my own flights.

Hi

For some reason I have been having trouble booking Choice air for my upcoming Azamara cruise in November. I can see what I want on the choice Air site but couldn't book online. I called ChoiceAir and they said I had to call Azamara Reservations. The nice fellow at reservations is having trouble also and has promised to call me in the morning. He can see it but cannot book it for me. I think there is something wrong with my reservation or are others having these types of issues as well? This is very frustrating as I have been trying to book online on and off since Friday and I don't want to lose this great price. :eek:

Denise

Hi

For some reason I have been having trouble booking Choice air for my upcoming Azamara cruise in November. I can see what I want on the choice Air site but couldn't book online. I called ChoiceAir and they said I had to call Azamara Reservations. The nice fellow at reservations is having trouble also and has promised to call me in the morning. He can see it but cannot book it for me. I think there is something wrong with my reservation or are others having these types of issues as well? This is very frustrating as I have been trying to book online on and off since Friday and I don't want to lose this great price. :eek:

Denise

If you booked through a TA, try having them book it.

If you booked through a TA, try having them book it.

Thanks, but I didn't. I will wait for the reservation agent's call. He was nice enough to call me back earlier. I think he needs to talk to their support people.

Denise

Thanks, but I didn't. I will wait for the reservation agent's call. He was nice enough to call me back earlier. I think he needs to talk to their support people.

Denise

Hopefully they'll get their problems solved. Please post here when you get your flights booked. I found reasonable flights to Europe and I want to book them this week.

Hopefully they'll get their problems solved. Please post here when you get your flights booked. I found reasonable flights to Europe and I want to book them this week.

Have you tried or are you having issues as well? I will report back.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My TA just booked our choice air for a B2B2B in October and since we are beginning in Venice and ending in Rome, he found that the flights had to be booked referencing only one cruise (the 1st one in this case)...so he booked the flight departing for venice from the U.S. on 09/29 and then departing from FCO (Rome) on 10/28.

Although the choice air booking ignores the other 2 cruises, the flight dates are correct. It is my understanding he was able to do all of this online, but he may have a different site since he is a TA.

Our savings on the flights were substantial going this route.

Edited by LOP

My TA just booked our choice air for a B2B2B in October and since we are beginning in Venice and ending in Rome, he found that the flights had to be booked referencing only one cruise (the 1st one in this case)...so he booked the flight departing for venice from the U.S. on 09/29 and then departing from FCO (Rome) on 10/28.

This is exactly how to use ChoiceAir on b2b cruises.

I've had problems in the past with Choice Air on B2b cruises. I had my TA contact Azamara and have them remove the consecutive cruise indicator (or whatever it's called) that tied the cruises together.

But a call to Choice Air should result in success and I don't think they charge for doing it manually.

Hi Midwestchick

Well what an ordeal! Apparently there was something wrong with my reservation. I was not really surprised by this because I have had issues with it before. Apparently this cruise date was changed last year and when I found out and called them (Found out on Cruise Critic) they told me first that my reservation had disappeared, then they found it but it would take a couple of days to "Fix" it, while preserving my price.

Anyhow, ChoiceAir: Well it took 2 days and 5 calls back and forth to hopefully get the incredibly low airfare to Barcelona from JFK booked. Yesterday: First I called ChoiceAir and they told me to call Azamara directly. So I did and was helped by a nice fellow named Gabriel. First he was not seeing the $226 price on the American Airlines Nonstop flight. And he had trouble accessing my reservation. Suggested he would call me back today.

Today: Gabriel called back as promised and after 35-45 minutes on hold he was finally able to see the price (which had gone down to $201.70) :D and able to book it for me. I Paid with my credit card and he sent me a confirmation. I just went to American Airlines website which gave me a message when I entered the Record Locator : Contact Reservations of call your travel agent to ticket and pay for your trip. I am hoping this means that the payment has not caught up to them yet. It also said "Our system is having trouble Please try again or come back later" I will try later but I THINK I am booked.:eek::confused:

Denise

Hi Midwestchick

Well what an ordeal! Apparently there was something wrong with my reservation. I was not really surprised by this because I have had issues with it before. Apparently this cruise date was changed last year and when I found out and called them (Found out on Cruise Critic) they told me first that my reservation had disappeared, then they found it but it would take a couple of days to "Fix" it, while preserving my price.

Anyhow, ChoiceAir: Well it took 2 days and 5 calls back and forth to hopefully get the incredibly low airfare to Barcelona from JFK booked. Yesterday: First I called ChoiceAir and they told me to call Azamara directly. So I did and was helped by a nice fellow named Gabriel. First he was not seeing the $226 price on the American Airlines Nonstop flight. And he had trouble accessing my reservation. Suggested he would call me back today.

Today: Gabriel called back as promised and after 35-45 minutes on hold he was finally able to see the price (which had gone down to $201.70) :D and able to book it for me. I Paid with my credit card and he sent me a confirmation. I just went to American Airlines website which gave me a message when I entered the Record Locator : Contact Reservations of call your travel agent to ticket and pay for your trip. I am hoping this means that the payment has not caught up to them yet. It also said "Our system is having trouble Please try again or come back later" I will try later but I THINK I am booked.:eek::confused:

Denise

Denise,

Don't do anything....the money has to be released to the airlines. Let it go until that message goes away.

For that price, it must be a one way ticket, correct?

I have our flights booked....TA did it in less than 10 minutes...called me back and told me about that message that would show up.

Booked RT tickets to Venice and back for a little over $600 on AA. I've never flown AA....hope there are no problems. The price was better than we've ever had flying to Europe. All others were close to $1000 and above. So happy to have a great TA.

Thanks for posting.

Yes it is one way . I checked my credit card and this is listed as a pending transaction to Azamara so I will give it some time and check back in a day or so. The fact that the locator number shows up with the correct flight info was a good sign. Glad Gabriel stuck with it.

Denise

The flight on American was over $2500 one way JFK -BCN. I think I might add the $130 for a premium economy upgrade for this 7 hr flight. 😆

Glad it worked out. I think I'm going to add it from PHL to VCE just so no one will bother getting out of the row in case we're sleeping. I usually don't sleep though.

We fly ORD>PHL>VCE. Probably why it's a little more $.

Safe travels.

Actually I upgraded today to Main Cabin Extra for $131. You get five extra inches of legroom and about one inch more width in the seat. For a 7+ hour overnight flight I thought it would be worth it. Especially because the main cabin is now 10 across. My reservation is listed as ticketed on American so assuming everything is OK. :D

Denise

Actually I upgraded today to Main Cabin Extra for $131. You get five extra inches of legroom and about one inch more width in the seat. For a 7+ hour overnight flight I thought it would be worth it. Especially because the main cabin is now 10 across. My reservation is listed as ticketed on American so assuming everything is OK. :D

Denise

We are in the main cabin on all legs, but I did change our seats from PHL to VCE, so we are in a row with 2 seats....don't want to be bothered at night with people going to the bathroom. I just hope a 2 hour connection is enough in PHL coming home. We'll have to go through customs and then connect back to Chicago.

Glad your's shows ticket...mine does too. :D

• 2 weeks later...