Trip Report for Australia

voyager-sue

I've placed a trip report on Travelpod discussing our recent 34 day cruise on Holland America MS Statendam.

The itinerary was:

Sydney, Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, Cairns, and Darwin

before heading out to Bali, Semarang (Java), Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China (Xiamen, Shanghai, Beijing, Dalian), Pusan (Korea), Nagasaki, and Osaka.

We spent a week in Sydney before the cruise and a week in Japan after, visiting Takayama in the Japanese Alps, and Tokyo.

Here's a link:

http://www.travelpod.com/members/voyager-sue

Cheers,

Sue

Hi Sue,

I loved your trip report on Sydney, Brisbane, Whitsundays, Cairns and Darwin. You mentioned "pennies"; 1 and 2 cent coins are no longer legal tender in Australia. Every cash purchase is rounded up or down to the nearest five cents. And a couple of corrections for your Brisbane trip. The gentleman that you saw playing a didgeridoo would have been an Aborigine (not a Samoan) and Oxford 152 is in the suburb of Bulimba (my brother-in-law works there). It's a great pub (despite what you were told) but for good old Aussie atmosphere, value for money, and milion dollar views you couldn't go past the Merthyr Bowls Club; great choice.

And I loved your ANZAC Day comment - yes, we don't follow the British anymore.....

Regards

David

Hi Sue,

I haven't finished reading your review yet. I find myself coming back to it each day to read a section. I'm up to Hong Kong. Thanks so much for posting the link here.

I've still got several more days to go until Tokyo. Very enjoyable.

Cheers,

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived