Is a New Top Level in The Voyager's Club in the Offing?

Skier52

Just a thought! A lot of the new black card holders who have obtained this via status match have since taken their first MSC cruise. However from this number how many have decided it wasn't for them? What I am trying to get to is that they should then cancel their status match if they are not going to cruise MSC again thus reducing the number of black card holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Status match card holders cards, expire in 36 months so it will automatically happen if they did not like it. If another cruise is taken in that 36 months it will start the time clock over again.

Steve

The Status match card holders cards, expire in 36 months so it will automatically happen if they did not like it. If another cruise is taken in that 36 months it will start the time clock over again.

Steve

So, do non Status Match card holder's card not expire?

So, do non Status Match card holder's card not expire?

It applies to everyone, SC. If you don't cruise with MSC within 3 years of your last disembarkation date, you lose the status level you've achieved (or been status-matched with) in the Voyagers' Club and have to start right back at the lowest tier!

Edited by Beamafar

A lot of the people posting here have missed the fact that the loyal Black card holders, who worked there way up the system had to sacrifice some very good rewards and a couple of ordinary rewards.

1) out went the 20% discount on any cruise ( to replaced with 5% which all members get).

2) A complimentary bottle of Champagne ( Moet and Chandon) per member to a bottle of prosecco per cabin.

3) Dinner with the officers ( replaced by a cocktail gathering)

4) best cabin upgrade available

5) 30% discount on laundry

6) Complimentary dinner for two in a speciality restaurant ( replaced with a tasting menu)

7) 20% discount on excursion purchased on board.

All given up so they can have more black members through Status match.

it's no wonder the Genuine Black card holders, (you can tell them by the fact they have a genuine plastic Black Cards), were and still are peeved.

Pete ( a peeved Genuine Black Card holder)

Bring on the next top level (hopefully at 20,000 points, Which will get to in Oct on my next cruise)

Don't remind me :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm/deny that the loyalty matching is only good for one cruise? If so, this is disappointing (at least for people like me, who have never sailed with MSC).

Thanks

I did somewhere in this thread.:)

It is valid for 36 months unless you take another cruise before the 36 months are up.

Then the 36 month time clock starts again from that cruise.

Steve

Can anyone confirm/deny that the loyalty matching is only good for one cruise? If so, this is disappointing (at least for people like me, who have never sailed with MSC).

Thanks

No, it is not good for only one cruise. We took our first cruise in May, 2016 and were matched to a Black card level. Our points increased and we took our second cruise the end of July and were again Black card and our points increased again. As long as we sail at least every 36 months we will continue to remain at the Black card level.

It applies to everyone, SC. If you don't cruise with MSC within 3 years of your last disembarkation date, you lose the status level you've achieved (or been status-matched with) in the Voyagers' Club and have to start right back at the lowest tier!

This is not new.

At the beginning of the club, in 2007, there was a 3 year rule as can be seen on my original Silver card, ( I went in at Silver as they gave 7 bonus points for joining on-line.. which with the two cruises I taken gave me the magic 22 points. I never was a classic member so don't have a classic card in my collection)

Note the expiry date

6b529baa-22d4-4866-966c-24f5a19a4d53.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I, for one, do not care about the status match (although I greatly appreciate it and the perks that go along with it). If I cared about "status", I would stay with one cruise line.

Sooooo, my point is, I did not book because of the "status match", but because of it, I am a new customer and hopefully a long time customer. I do however have a question. Does one keep booking a particular cruise line just for the perks and status? To me, this is silly. I cruise for the ship, price, and itinerary. :eek: Variety is the spice of life and if I am going to spend thousands of dollars for a one week vacation, it is not going to be because I will have a lapel pin sitting on my bed. :eek: It will because I am happy with the product. :):):)

I agree 100% with your points!

BTW, I saw that the status match was only good for 3 years and if you don't cruise with MSC within that period of time, you lose that status.

So, reading the anger in your post, my question to you is...do you cruise MSC because you like the product or because you can board the ship faster? If we do not like MSC after our first cruise with them, we will not continue to sail her.....as stated before, I do not, nor will I ever care about status. Shaming new pax because there happens to be a status match is not our fault and if after all of the research I did, found that I wasn't interested in the new product (had no idea MSC came to the States) then I would not have booked it. I really don't think people are going to shell out thousands of dollars because of a status match. They are going to book because they are interested in the product.

Again....where is the "like" button!

It's that age old thing. We find a good thing. We love it. But, word spreads, and now we have to share it with others...that's how the cookie crumbles!

We originally booked what was to be our first MSC cruise on the Seaside because our cruise friends were going (after having sailed MSC once previously) and asked if we would like to join them. They were thrilled with their first MSC cruise. So we booked a B2B on the Seaside.

Then I saw a really good deal for the Divina in November, so I decided to book it to get a taste of what MSC is about before the 2018 cruise. Our cruise friends decided to join us on that one too along with another friend!

The fact that they did the "status match" with our Royal Diamond status was just the icing on the cake. We certainly did not book because of it, but wouldn't it be silly not to take advantage of that offer?

• 2 weeks later...

I for one feel peeved like Pete regarding the status match program and the new Voyagers Club. I've been cruising with MSC since 2007 and exclusively with MSC since 2014 (can't stand Costa anymore) and have almost 30,000 points. Obviously I'm looking forward to the establishment of a tier beyond Black. I'm of course peeved at having lost all (99%) of the Black Card perks and discounts but all is not lost. Bea mentioned improvements and I agree there have been a few. The most important to me was the addition of Yacht Club on the Fantasia class ships and the Aurea suite program on the Musica and Lirica class.

Unfortunately the improvements aren't in the "Loyalty" area, Chuck. I'm making it my business when onboard to let the crew know about the Status Match programme. It's amazing how few even know it exists. I was having a chat with Ahmed of Guest Services and Alvaros, the cruise consultant, on Sinfonia last week. Ahmed hadn't heard of it and Alvaros had to confirm what I was saying.

Unfortunately the improvements aren't in the "Loyalty" area, Chuck. I'm making it my business when onboard to let the crew know about the Status Match programme. It's amazing how few even know it exists. I was having a chat with Ahmed of Guest Services and Alvaros, the cruise consultant, on Sinfonia last week. Ahmed hadn't heard of it and Alvaros had to confirm what I was saying.

And what is that really going to accomplish? I doubt they are going to ask the people who are going to tip them if they are real black or not.

They are going to politely listen to you and then are going to go about their business as usual. What difference does it make to them?

They are probably happy the ship is sailing with more guests that would have never tried MSC. With 10 more ships coming they need to fill berths and showing a good product is a way to get customers.

I am one who would have never tried MSC if it was not for the match.

I also would not be happy to have others given what I earned also. I do see your side.

And what is that really going to accomplish? I doubt they are going to ask the people who are going to tip them if they are real black or not.

Seriously, what are you going to say? "You know there are some people here that got their black cards because they are long-time cruisers on other lines"

I am one who would have never tried MSC if it was not for the match. Me, too.

I also would not be happy to have others given what I earned also. I do see your side.

I haven't lived in New Jersey in 20 years.

I just got an email from Caesar's in AC saying that Trump Taj Mahal is closing, and they will match my card level from Trump to Caesars ... so the people from the Taj could jump over the Caesars people.

\

I think this is very common with all sorts of loyalty programs.

As a matter of fact, my dh was on the phone today with our cable provider asking why new customers are getting a better rate than we are.

I haven't lived in New Jersey in 20 years.

I just got an email from Caesar's in AC saying that Trump Taj Mahal is closing, and they will match my card level from Trump to Caesars ... so the people from the Taj could jump over the Caesars people.

\

I think this is very common with all sorts of loyalty programs.

As a matter of fact, my dh was on the phone today with our cable provider asking why new customers are getting a better rate than we are.

Me too!! LOL

I ended up taking all the boxes back and cancelling, then they turned around and offered me 100mbs internet for $29.99. So they lose a cable tv customer with 16mbs internet paying $150 a month and now have a $30 customer at 100mbs who also has netflix and Hulu.

Stupid if you ask me. But unlike cruise lines I have no other option except satellite

Status match is a regular travel incentive. My husband has top level (spire) with the IHG group and recently the Hilton Group did a status match which he did. He stayed at an Hilton for his next business stay and on checking in was thanked for his loyalty etc, upgraded and invited into the club lounge for wine and canapés. He has never before stayed in a Hilton but he has rooms booked with them in the future! Also through our Amex card we automatically get top level status with other hotel chains, it is a good business model. So good to MSC for seeing this!

Why not start a thread on here and see how many OF US Have made a repeat booking? And may I be No 1?

And I will be #2....but I have to wait until the new dates for the Seaside to come out. I already have the last available week that is on the website. Now it is just a waiting game, as I want the fall of 2018.:D

I believe the crew should be aware of the status match programme as they're told in training that it costs upwards of E6000 for a passenger to reach Black - that is patently not the case!!!! I certainly don't expect them to ask if whether I'm "real"' black or not - it's not relevant. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should receive the same level of service onboard!

They are going to politely listen to you and then are going to go about their business as usual. What difference does it make to them?

I expect the crew to patiently listen to any guest onboard regardless of status level or none. My experience has been that they're very taken aback when told of the system.

They are probably happy the ship is sailing with more guests that would have never tried MSC. With 10 more ships coming they need to fill berths and showing a good product is a way to get customers.

If the status match works to attract more customers, then fair play to MSC for introducing the concept. Just please don't call it a loyalty programme!

I am one who would have never tried MSC if it was not for the match.

I appreciate that you do and, as a gimmick, I can see the attraction for those who haven't sailed MSC before. My point was that the crew should at least know that the Status Match system exists.