Heard the Divina is going to Alaska

genman36

100 percent agreed. With all of the Italians in NJ and NY..on an Italian cruise line?...I think the Divina would do very well.

We have plenty of Italians here in Rhode Island as well champagne. Nothing would make me happier than to see MSC home port a ship in NY!!:D

We have plenty of Italians here in Rhode Island as well champagne. Nothing would make me happier than to see MSC home port a ship in NY!!:D

I wonder if we can sign a petition or somehow make MSC executive aware that there is a huge demand for their product in the NE. I will definitely be booking the Divina right away if they move her to NYC after the arrival of the Seaside.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure this is the correct place to,post this question. I am currently Elite status on Princess. How does that transfer to MSC. Also, are MSC as casual as Princess is? Thank you.

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure this is the correct place to,post this question. I am currently Elite status on Princess. How does that transfer to MSC. Also, are MSC as casual as Princess is? Thank you.

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the thread that you can post your question in:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2356592 ,,,but Elite on Princess should yield a Black Level On MSC

Regarding the Divina to Alaska after being replaced by Seaside: won't happen - at least not right away. The Divina will be leaving Miami on 8 March 2018 sailing back to the Mediterranean via New York, Bermuda, Azores, Lisbon, etc. and will arrive in Genoa on 28 March.

Edited by Capricruiser

I'd love to do Asia - celebrity and princess offer some great trips but we were once burned by ncl so never trying another line!

Having sailed Celebrity I'd thoroughly recommend giving them a try. From having read a few of your reviews, I think you might like the experience. We've sailed on their newer ships (Solstice Class) as well as one of their older ships (Infinity, which is a Millenium Class ship) and both were great.

Of course, I haven't tried MSC yet so it's hard for me to compare at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Being on the west coast of NA...this market seems saturated now..sales seem to be advertised all the time to fill the ships...they are currently selling cabins for as low as $400 for seven days.....mind you the taxes for the Alaskan ports are high so add in another $250......AND all the major lines are here except for Carnival who left last year......MSC would have to have very low prices but maybe the novelty of "Italian ship" may draw some people....and the Divina is pretty big for some of the small ports which already are run over by tourists in the summer....and can the "Italian Captains" stay away from the ice bergs...lol......

Being on the west coast of NA...this market seems saturated now..sales seem to be advertised all the time to fill the ships...they are currently selling cabins for as low as $400 for seven days.....mind you the taxes for the Alaskan ports are high so add in another $250......AND all the major lines are here except for Carnival who left last year......MSC would have to have very low prices but maybe the novelty of "Italian ship" may draw some people....and the Divina is pretty big for some of the small ports which already are run over by tourists in the summer....and can the "Italian Captains" stay away from the ice bergs...lol......

The prices are very low for a inside cabin but jump quickly for balcony and suites.Most people want a balcony to see the scenery Carnival still does Alaska they dropped from 2 to one ship the Legend from seattle doing 7 night cruises.I don't think MSC would bring the Divina but they might bring a Lirica class ship.

• 1 month later...
I don't think MSC would bring the Divina but they might bring a Lirica class ship.

It'll be interesting to see where MSC Lirica will be based in 2018 when Splendida begins cruising in China. Will she be re-deployed or remain as a second ship in the region?

There'll be a lot of changes in 2018 with Meraviglia, Seaside and Seaview added to the fleet - with the 2 former already a season or 2 in operation by then.