Heard the Divina is going to Alaska

genman36

Just returned from the 5/21 - 5/28 sailing on the Divina in the YC. It was our first time with MSC and it was fantastic. Before disembarking, I asked the concierge where the Divina was going when the Seaside takes over in Miami. He said he had heard it may be in Alaska out of Vancouver.

We loved the YC and look forward to sailing MSC again. We have sailed in NCL Haven suites and in our opinion, the actual suites in the Haven are nicer but the YC beats the Haven in facilities and service.

Wow, this would indeed be great news to many cruisers. MSC definitely has very competitive price and beautiful ships. But it needs more itineraries besides Caribbean. I would definitely be interested if it sails to Alaska.

Wow, this would indeed be great news to many cruisers. MSC definitely has very competitive price and beautiful ships. But it needs more itineraries besides Caribbean. I would definitely be interested if it sails to Alaska.

MSC has some really nice European itineraries if you want more than the Caribbean. I think they are just scratching the American market at this time. Alaska is always nice, but Divina seems like a warm-weather design (although that didn't seem to matter when RCL started sending her ships north).

It does make sense to move Divina somewhere during the summer Caribbean sailings once Seaside arrives. NCL is struggling to fill both the Getaway and Escape this summer. Of course, that's good news for the consumer :).

Just returned from the 5/21 - 5/28 sailing on the Divina in the YC. It was our first time with MSC and it was fantastic. Before disembarking, I asked the concierge where the Divina was going when the Seaside takes over in Miami. He said he had heard it may be in Alaska out of Vancouver.

We loved the YC and look forward to sailing MSC again. We have sailed in NCL Haven suites and in our opinion, the actual suites in the Haven are nicer but the YC beats the Haven in facilities and service.

I doubt that very much.

It's not really built for the climate is it?

Also nothing in any brochures or online to suggest it will be available

If MSC was to send a ship to Alaska,,I would have to think it wouldn't be until the summer of 2018. MSC Divina would be fine in that climate, but MSC Meraviglia would be the optimum ship to send there if MSC does intend to add Alaska as an itinerary,,:)

with all the new ships coming online they'll have to offer new itineraries... they don't cover anywhere in the far east or australasia - a gap in their market perhaps?

Wondering if MSC Seaside II will have that presence in Australia?? Med in the summer months,,Australia in the winter months?? Then there is MSC Meraviglia II,,Port Of New York?? Asia?? 2017 and beyond should introduce a whole slew of new itineraries hopefully!!! :)

Good article regarding the expansion of the ports in Sydney,,,MSC would have to send one of the smaller ships there for now,,,

http://www.cruisediscuss.com/#!The-Cruise-Industry-Wants-a-New-Port-in-Sydney/c17dm/574dd3b30cf2a1aad34785c8

I think the Australian market itself is soft, and may become even softer with a bigger port and more competition. Unless it's used to home base New Zealand and/or Polynesian Islands launching pads. Now we're talking!!! That Bora Bora market has went untapped for decades. :) :) :)

I think the Australian market itself is soft, and may become even softer with a bigger port and more competition. Unless it's used to home base New Zealand and/or Polynesian Islands launching pads. Now we're talking!!! That Bora Bora market has went untapped for decades. :) :) :)

Paul Gauguin has that market pretty much to themselves Bermuda,,,,Bora Bora?Trip of a lifetime!!!:D

[/b]

Paul Gauguin has that market pretty much to themselves Bermuda,,,,Bora Bora?Trip of a lifetime!!!:D

Princess was running there consistently a decade or so ago, but it's been Paul Gauguin or Windstar for a long long time. I'm new to MSC, what is the smallest in her fleet?

It's not really built for the climate is it?

Also nothing in any brochures or online to suggest it will be available

All new and big ships not build for climate. Since its only for summer month so Divina will be fine in Alaska as any other ship there now.

Let's dream....Where else you you would love to see Divina? For me

1. Alaska

2.Hawaii

3. Panama canal from Florida(yes, I know, too big but we are dreaming):p:p

I have a Norway and Antarctica on my bucket list still........ and if you are listening MSC, please extend your port times. You almost had me in for the Mediterranean this August but your port times are WAY too short comparatively :*(.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Let's dream....Where else you you would love to see Divina? For me

1. Alaska

2.Hawaii

3. Panama canal from Florida(yes, I know, too big but we are dreaming):p:p

Out to the North East, sailing out of NYC or Boston to Bermuda and Ocean Cay. After all, NCL and RCCL is able to charge a higher per diem out of the NE, so I would think it would be logical to move Divina there.

Out to the North East, sailing out of NYC or Boston to Bermuda and Ocean Cay. After all, NCL and RCCL is able to charge a higher per diem out of the NE, so I would think it would be logical to move Divina there.

100 percent agreed. With all of the Italians in NJ and NY..on an Italian cruise line?...I think the Divina would do very well.