Do you have any MSC Divina questions?

BermudaBound2014

We're packed and ready to leave. Spending some time in Miami before boarding Divina on Saturday. Sailing Yacht Club this time (Sailed Fantastica March 26-April 2nd). I'll purchase the unlimited social package and assuming it works like it's working for luvs in Europe, tapatalk will allow me to update freely making a live report super easy.

I know that some have inquired about the new policy and OBC for booking future cruises on-board. I'll be sure to grab any specific information I can on that.

I'll be comparing non-yacht club to yacht club experience for those sitting on the fence about biting the yacht club bullet. Anything else curious minds want to know?

Edited by BermudaBound2014

We're packed and ready to leave. Spending some time in Miami before boarding Divina on Saturday. Sailing Yacht Club this time (Sailed Fantastica March 26-April 2nd). I'll purchase the unlimited social package and assuming it works like it's working for luvs in Europe, tapatalk will allow me to update freely making a live report super easy.

I know that some have inquired about the new policy and OBC for booking future cruises on-board. I'll be sure to grab any specific information I can on that.

I'll be comparing non-yacht club to yacht club experience for those sitting on the fence about biting the yacht club bullet. Anything else curious minds want to know?

Hi Bermuda,

What a sweet offer! I have a couple of things if you could find out:

1) Is Putra (butler) still on board and if so, will he be there in 2 weeks?

2 ) Who is the current maitre d' in Le Muse?

3) What type of gin is in the mini frig?

4) They haven't had rum in the little mini bottles previously...just wondering if they might now.

Ok, it was more than a couple:D

Where are you staying in Miami? We are coming down a day early (in 2 weeks) and have reservations in Coconut Grove.

TIA,

Michelle

That's very nice of you and hope you have a safe trip back down here to the heat and mugginess. Oh and don't forget some insect repellent. Mosquitoes are out in full force these days. :eek: I am looking forward to reading your upcoming review.

I am just wondering and if you happen to remember, could you make note roughly as to how many automatic doors there are and where they are located that will allow electric scooters to pass through. Hoping that there will be at least one set to get out to pool area. We are sailing our first ever in November and I'm just too excited to wait to explore on my own. If you don't remember or don't want to its ok too. I can wait. LOL

I dont have any questions but just wanted to say thank you - I love reqding any reviews about Divina.

We are sailing in a Fantastica cabin November 5th first time with MSC only ever sailed once before on Royal.

Really excited for this trip. :)

Hi Bermuda,

What a sweet offer! I have a couple of things if you could find out:

1) Is Putra (butler) still on board and if so, will he be there in 2 weeks?

2 ) Who is the current maitre d' in Le Muse?

3) What type of gin is in the mini frig?

4) They haven't had rum in the little mini bottles previously...just wondering if they might now.

Ok, it was more than a couple:D

Where are you staying in Miami? We are coming down a day early (in 2 weeks) and have reservations in Coconut Grove.

TIA,

Michelle

I will absolutely find those questions out for you. Easy peasy :). I'll even ask what cabins Putra is serving in the event you want to make a last minute adjustment :). We are staying at the Holiday Inn Cruise Port. It is directly across from Bayside and they have free concerts on Friday nights. I usually try to stay near Bayside when I'm cruising because I like the vibe (albeit touristy). I've stayed at the hyatt, intercontinental, YVE and this will be our first time at the Holiday Inn. This is a girls trip, so it will be nice and safe walking back to the hotel late at night.

Does MSC have formal nights?

If you are speaking about the Divina, there are two formal nights (2nd and 6th). There are so many questions about what to wear for formal nights, I'll see if I can take some pics and crop out faces. I can do a comparison between main area and yacht club to see if there appears to be a difference there as well.

That's very nice of you and hope you have a safe trip back down here to the heat and mugginess. Oh and don't forget some insect repellent. Mosquitoes are out in full force these days. :eek: I am looking forward to reading your upcoming review.

I am just wondering and if you happen to remember, could you make note roughly as to how many automatic doors there are and where they are located that will allow electric scooters to pass through. Hoping that there will be at least one set to get out to pool area. We are sailing our first ever in November and I'm just too excited to wait to explore on my own. If you don't remember or don't want to its ok too. I can wait. LOL

I will absolutely note all the automatic doors and their locations. I've been taking care of my aging parents so I'm getting pretty good at noticing wheelchair friendly establishments :).

SHOOT! It's too late to edit. I should have titled this thread, "Do you have any DIVINA questions." :(. There appears to be many differences in policy between Divina sailing in the USA and those ships sailing elsewhere. My review will be limited to Divina.

Enjoy your cruise and YC.

We are sailing the week after you in the Yacht Club. I may be sailing in a walking cast. Could you look to see how many stairs their are around the One pool and how slippery it is? I will be able to take it off to get in the pool) but steps and slipping could be an issue.

Also can you find out if there is gelato at the pool bar? I just have this vision of laying there eating gelato in my deck chair since I need to take it easy on this trip!

We are sailing the week after you in the Yacht Club. I may be sailing in a walking cast. Could you look to see how many stairs their are around the One pool and how slippery it is? I will be able to take it off to get in the pool) but steps and slipping could be an issue.

Also can you find out if there is gelato at the pool bar? I just have this vision of laying there eating gelato in my deck chair since I need to take it easy on this trip!

There are 8 steps Musik07,,the surface is synthetic Bolideck soft teak which is used on most of all the pool deck areas,,it's very durable and doesn't get slippery when wet. http://www.bolidt.com/en/high-performance-yachts/outherdeck/deck-bolideck-select-teak-effect.html

MSCDivina08-23-2014751of829_zpsa91c6f47.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

SHOOT! It's too late to edit. I should have titled this thread, "Do you have any DIVINA questions." :(. There appears to be many differences in policy between Divina sailing in the USA and those ships sailing elsewhere. My review will be limited to Divina.

I updated the thread title for you. Enjoy your cruise !

I will absolutely note all the automatic doors and their locations. I've been taking care of my aging parents so I'm getting pretty good at noticing wheelchair friendly establishments :).

Thank you very much. Have a great CRUISE!!! :D:D:D

Hi Bermuda

Firstly have a great time, sure you'll love the YC.

Can you please post a picture of the contents of the minibar

Would also love to know if Putra is on board or coming back on board, we're sailing 1st 2 weeks in September.

Finally can you check if Vasant and May are in the top sail lounge, or if they'll be back.

Again have a great time, and thanks from taking the time to help us out.

Jean :)

I dont have any questions but just wanted to say thank you - I love reqding any reviews about Divina.

We are sailing in a Fantastica cabin November 5th first time with MSC only ever sailed once before on Royal.

Really excited for this trip. :)

DH and I, along with 4 other family members will be on the same sailing and we too have a Fantastica cabins. We are on Deck 11. What Deck are you on? This is going to our first time as well on MSC and we are looking forward to it. There is a roll call for this cruise already started, I am going to paste the link to it here so you can come on over and join it. Not very active at present, I would assume it will pick up as the cruise nears.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2316186

My name is Alayne and DH is Rene. We are from Miami.

Could you let us know if the social package works with more than one device as long as they are used one at a time. Like if I want to use my iPad at one point, and then my phone (on airplane mode obviously) most f the time, would that work or do I have to pick one device and stick to it?

Thank you for answering questions!!

Can you tell me the type of blow dryer that is provided. Do you have to HOLD the button in the entire time the blow dryer is on??? I was told we are not permitted to bring personal blow dryers on the ship...

Thank you and have a great cruise!

I will absolutely find those questions out for you. Easy peasy :). I'll even ask what cabins Putra is serving in the event you want to make a last minute adjustment :). We are staying at the Holiday Inn Cruise Port. It is directly across from Bayside and they have free concerts on Friday nights. I usually try to stay near Bayside when I'm cruising because I like the vibe (albeit touristy). I've stayed at the hyatt, intercontinental, YVE and this will be our first time at the Holiday Inn. This is a girls trip, so it will be nice and safe walking back to the hotel late at night.

Shout out for girl's cruises! This is a girl's cruise for us too :) We are staying at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. I hear it's a pretty safe place to park your car for a week (I bought the stay and cruise package with a free shuttle to the port but it doesn't leave until 12:30 so we might be using Uber instead...gotta maximize my YC time...lol).

I'll be reading along to see what time you're able to board. If you meet Putra, please tell him Miss Michelle and Miss Kim will be on board for the 4th of July cruise.

Thanks again!

Michelle